PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Ruben Brown used to be an all-pro?

Alluro
10-07-2002, 06:30 AM
Those were the days...and it pains me to admit this, but jamie nails is outperforming ruben to date this year.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Every player is bound to fall off sometime. He's still solid at worst. at least we've got a good line all around him.

colin
10-07-2002, 10:31 AM
He has been sucking some ass this year.

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
Those were the days...and it pains me to admit this, but jamie nails is outperforming ruben to date this year.

wow! brilliant post! brilliant!:patriot:

TigerJ
10-07-2002, 11:43 AM
I think Ruben has a couple years left, but if he's not now, next year he will be considered the weak link in the O-line.

lordofgun
10-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Anyone know the cap implications of cutting him after this year? Could we save money, and use it to sign his replacement?

lordofgun
10-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
Remember when Ruben Brown used to be an all-pro?

Actually...NO! :D

JefftheBillsfan
10-07-2002, 02:36 PM
he will still prolly get voted into the pro bowl...which is ridiculous...other than sullivan...i think brown may be the weak link now.

The_Philster
10-07-2002, 03:45 PM
It's just a case where he gets elected based on name recognition...why do you think Steve Tasker got elected in 1995, when he hardly played special teams at all that year?

venis2k1
10-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Anyone know the cap implications of cutting him after this year? Could we save money, and use it to sign his replacement?

nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! am i the only one that likes reuben? granted he hasn't been up to his old self this season, but to toss him out on his butt after all the years of hard work he has given this franchise would be a crime. he is a leader to our young o-line. and definatly a more than average gaurd. he is a future wall of famer and got a great chance to be a future hall of famer. i want to see this guy retire as a bill, he is a class act and does alot for the comunity through the untited way. he was one of the only vets to play with us for our 3-13 season, he played through the flutie-johnson deal. he has been through alot with this team, and he deserves to be there when we win the big one next year.

Creemoredrinker
10-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Brown is still NOT in regular season form. I wish I could get through to WGR550) on Tuesday night when he has his show and tell what a fat a** he is. I think he has the physical attributes and talent, but NOT the right attitude.:flush: