PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin

Nighthawk
12-30-2003, 11:19 PM
I truly believe that this is the guy that this team needs. He is a disciplinarian and you know that his teams will be prepared to play on Sunday. Yes, he did fall out of favor with some players in J-ville, but that is to be expected with a coach of his type. The main reason that team started to lose was the simple fact that they had a terrible salary cap situation. When given talent, this guy has shown he has the ability to win. Out of all the coaches available, I think he brings the most to the table and something that this team has lacked for years (including the Levy era) and that is a strong minded coach who isn't afraid to make changes.

The Jokeman
12-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Coughlin is tops on my list but one thing that concerns me slightly about him is that he does have a history with Gilbride as his OC in Jacksonville. That could mean another year of Kevin as OC here in Buffalo, and does anyone else want that?

bigbry
12-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by The Jokeman
Coughlin is tops on my list but one thing that concerns me slightly about him is that he does have a history with Gilbride as his OC in Jacksonville. That could mean another year of Kevin as OC here in Buffalo, and does anyone else want that?

If Coughlin lands in Buff, the Bills will be tough to beat.

BB

The Natrix
12-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by The Jokeman

He will land in the Big Apple. If the Bills get him though, he will get rid of Gilbride in two point two.

imbondz
12-31-2003, 12:17 AM
all i've heard about Coughlin is how the players hated him. that can't be good.

The Natrix
12-31-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by imbondz

That is what I think. I know if I was a prof football player, I wouldn't want some disisplinarian who should be in a nursing home. I would want a fresh face, without an ego, who respects me as a person, not just a player. Spikes wants a coach who he can hang out with. Old man TC is not that guy. As much as I respect the Upstate New York born and bred, I would not wnat him as a coach. I just don't see the players resonding to him well.

Let the Giants have that overrated piece of ****, and suffer another losing season.

justasportsfan
12-31-2003, 06:17 AM
If he can take an expansion team and take them to the playoffs in their 2nd , 3rd and 4th year imagine what he can do with the bills that just needs some fine tuning.

He is a diciplinarian but has supposedly learned from his mistakes besides we have enough veteran leaders on this team that he won't need to straighten out.

Although some OC's,DC's ,College coaches have done well, I want one that's already proven. We have the players ,I don't want an unproven Hcoach to "test" his knowledge of the game.

With the Salary cap, we may lose some great players and how many players will follow Winfield and say " I just want to win". Hopefully Spikes won't ask for a trade if we lose another season again. We lost Price and maybe Winfield. Who's next?

We cannot afford to be patient. 4 SB losses followed by rebuilding is enough. Ralph Wilson is getting up there in age and who knows what his kids will do to this team. The Pats and the BUCS (the Bucs people) beat us to a sb and it's because of good headcoaches.

I doubt he will end up here because RW is not one to get a high profile coach.

Historian
12-31-2003, 08:03 AM
My number one pick!:up:

Voltron
12-31-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by imbondz

They say the same thing about Bill "The Tuna" Parcells.

Doesn't seem to matter to his players!

Alluro
12-31-2003, 08:25 AM
Mark Brunell was playing like steve young lite when Coughlin was working his magic. We don't have a player like that to propel us into the playoffs. ...

Dredsoe :(

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 08:26 AM
i was just thinking the same thing.. about parcells..

bottom line is, when your winning, guys will look at disciplinarians and say that they can apprecaite the "tough love"... but when your losing, that act wears thin... it happened to TC in jacksonville, but the reason they started losing was injuries and the salary cap... and nothing more.

and really the only guy that i can remember *****ing about him was mike hollis.. who was a ***** anyway.

Historian
12-31-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i was just thinking the same thing.. about parcells..

and really the only guy that i can remember *****ing about him was mike hollis.. who was a ***** anyway.

Too funny Tatonka! Too funny!
:lol:

My guess is that everyone gets a little cranky when its 105 degrees at training camp! He certainly wouldn't have to worry about the excessive heat here!

HAMMER
12-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Coughlin is the best option out there right now. Look at the problems Denny Green had in Minn with his players, he is not a good option. The Bills need a very strong hand to guide them, Coughlin can do that.

bigbry
12-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Coughlin is the best option out there right now. Look at the problems Denny Green had in Minn with his players, he is not a good option. The Bills need a very strong hand to guide them, Coughlin can do that.

And he would make Sam Adams better...by about 40 lbs.

No joke! if sam lost a few he would be better.

BB

ublinkwescore
01-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Someone should start a poll - where people can only pick one coaching candidate, and that guy has to be at the top of their list - and we can all pray to god that TD sees it and pulls the trigger on it - I really sincerely hope to god that we (or TD I should say) make a serious bid to get TC in here.