PDA

View Full Version : Who think the Bills will trade Bryson?

Romes
07-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Well the other team that was supposedly interested in Bryson, the saints, just signed Terry Allen. Who think the Bills will still be able trade him or want to for that matter? One must also consider that if Bryson is on the team there is a good chance that Curtis Alexander will not make it. To me it looks as if the Bills will keep Bryson.

Here is the info on the Terry Allen signing:
Saints | Allen In - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:24 PT: Updating an earlier story, SportsLine.com reports the New Orleans Saints have signed RB Terry Allen to a one-year contract. "Terry gives us a veteran that we know we can depend on," said Saints GM Mickey Loomis. "He's a leader and he proved last year with Baltimore that he can still create yardage and be a consistent starter when called upon. Terry has seen it all during his time in the NFL, so he can be positive influence on Deuce as well."

Aero II
07-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Remember that RB's can go down durring camp (Lewis in Balt.). There's plenty of time untill the cut to 53.

eyedog
07-23-2002, 01:49 PM
if they can't trade him,they won't cut him. he may be here after all and that's not necessarily a bad thing. imo, huntley is here to stay, so baring injuries morris,alexander, crosby, and centers are fighting it out. ferguson at worse will be on the ps.

Jas122
07-23-2002, 01:57 PM
The Broncos made a strong run only because they had such quality depth at the RB position. It is probably a good idead to hang onto Bryson.

Jas122
07-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Well, not ONLY because, but it turned out to be a big reason.

lordofgun
07-23-2002, 02:02 PM
I hope we don't get rid of Bryson. If we get anything less than a 3rd rounder, I won't be happy.

blcny
07-23-2002, 02:07 PM
It's early, there will be a few runningbacks that will go down with injuries in the preseason. If not, he'll only make our backfield stronger. No sense in getting ride of him, if we don't get what we want in return.

Aero II
07-23-2002, 02:43 PM
My point exactly blcny.

lordofgun
07-23-2002, 02:48 PM
I agree completely with you guys. Bryson could really help with our team. If Henry goes down for any reason, Brsyon is the guy I want to be starting. Maybe if Alexander really can show that he's for real in the preseason, otherwise, I think we should keep him for insurance.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if Henry is injured, I am not at all excited about Huntley as our starter.

SoCalBillsFan
07-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Bryson played well in henry's absence last year. It's absolutely essential to have at least one solid backup at the RB position. RB's take a lot of wear and tear.

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2002, 02:55 PM
"If we get anything less than a 3rd rounder, I won't be happy."

And that is the last thing we need. An unhappy LOG.

clumping platelets
07-23-2002, 03:02 PM
It would be a scary world with an unhappy LOG :(

:jk:

Halbert
07-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Many teams would love to have their top three as Henry/Huntley/Bryson (swap the last two if you prefer). I'm one of the few that thinks Huntley could be a bonafide feature back - check out his ypc. Even on a VERY BAD Carolina he had 4 ypc, consistent with the rest of his career. Bryson could be even more valuable due to his versatility - check out his receptions as a rookie with limited playing time.

No way we release Bryson or Huntley. If a trade isn't done, they hold onto both and let Alexander go. World League studs are a dime a dozen and it's a hugh longshot compared to anybody ahead of him on the depth chart.

HenryRules
07-23-2002, 03:12 PM
Personally, I'd accept a 4th or higher for Bryson. He has not been a full-time starting RB since he was in high school. I just don't see great instincts when he runs. I know he had a couple of good games last year, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.
Huntley is most definitely not great and never will be. But he has been solid and dependable when he starts and the staff is familiar with him. I'd much rather have him in if Henry goes down. Bryson would be the third back IMO and I just don't see it being beneficial to the team to keep him around as the 3rd RB if they can get a 4th or higher for him.

TigerJ
07-23-2002, 03:14 PM
I think TD is keeping his options open. I don't dislike Bryson, but frankly, right now the backfield is pretty crowded. If final cutdown day comes and Henry, Huntley, Bryson, Morris, and Alexander are all still on the team (before the cuts are made), the Bills will end up cutting one and possibly two running backs who will be picked up and will be productive for another team. We will not keep everyone, and I would rather get something for the guy(s) we can't keep if possible.

Michael82
07-24-2002, 03:12 AM
IF we can't get a 3rd rounder or a decent DL...then i'd keep Bryson and CUT Sammy Morris or Huntley! :D

Morris has shown nothing, except on ST. Huntley was a waste to pickup IMO and will probably be training camp fodder. I'm hoping i'm wrong...but I dunno. And Alexander looked great in NFLE and last year in pre-season. Let's hope he could wow us even better this year!

colin
07-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Bryson can do some good stuff with only about 5 carries, her is not a workhorse like Henry. Morris is falling off the radar and Huntly is some good depth.

Speaking of depth, does everyone here realize that SF only had 47, not 53, roster players last year? They have got to be the luckiest team ever to not get any injuries, especially considering that two of their best players were coming back off of what could have been career ending injuries (Young and Hearst).