PDA

View Full Version : Who will hate the new coach from day 1!

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 09:14 AM
He have a lot of demanding people on this board and a lot of Gloom and doomers! Plus everybody has strong feelings on the numerous coaching candidates. Which means that a good number of people are going to be angry over the choice of coach! Which means that on the very day the coach is named, before he talks to a single player, before he holds a single practice and before he calls a single play, Posters on this board will hate the decision. These posters will claim to want to cancel their tickets and predict failure for the entire tenure of the new coach! They will also have nothing good to say about the coach and it will seem as though they are happy when we lose, even though they claim that they are angry.

I predict that we will get anywhere from 3 to 5 posters that fit the description.

Any guesses on who the haters will be?

LtBillsFan66
12-31-2003, 09:19 AM
It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

TedMock
12-31-2003, 09:20 AM
3-5 is a low number. I'd say the majority of the posters will hate something the new coach says on day one.

BidsJr
12-31-2003, 09:23 AM
If it's Fassel/Jauron/Callahan/Reeves

I'll be one of them (:

SABURZFAN
12-31-2003, 09:24 AM
i hate everybody.:mad:

LtBillsFan66
12-31-2003, 09:25 AM
I have a weird feeling it's going to be Labou (can never remember how to spell his name).

The bottom line is that there are positives and negatives to every candidate out there. Pat is right. A lot will harp on only the negatives.

BidsJr
12-31-2003, 09:25 AM
Oops he should be on my original list.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 09:31 AM
The only way I will hate the New coach from the beginning is if it is Dick Lebeau. There are a few other guys I don't want but I will give them a chance.

Tatonka
12-31-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by BidsJr
If it's Fassel/Jauron/Callahan/Reeves

I'll be one of them (:

you can mark me down.. if it is one of the above too.. if it is ANYONE else though, i will be content. i am not real big on retreads that have been fired for being losers.

Originally posted by billsfanone
I have a weird feeling it's going to be Labou (can never remember how to spell his name).

The bottom line is that there are positives and negatives to every candidate out there. Pat is right. A lot will harp on only the negatives.

its lebeau

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
3-5 is a low number. I'd say the majority of the posters will hate something the new coach says on day one.

That’s funny because people hated when Wade didn’t say anything, but they hated with Gregg said we can win the Superbowl! Plus they hate the fact that Drew doesn’t get fired up, but they hate when TD gets fired up!

So the coach will say something like 3-4 Defense is what he likes or that he feels will win the division this year! Then some stupid radio station will use it as a sound bite and every idiot that hears it every single hour will start hating him.

Drives me nuts.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

And the positives to Lebeau are? I guess you could try and make a case for continuity but other than that I don't see a single one. He is a proven loser.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

but they hated with Gregg said we can win the Superbowl!

Drives me nuts.

Thats not why people hated Greg and you know it! I want my coach saying he can win a SB!

LtBillsFan66
12-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
And the positives to Lebeau are? I guess you could try and make a case for continuity but other than that I don't see a single one. He is a proven loser.

I just said I have a feeling...

They were hot for him most of last off-season until he finally came signed up.

lordofgun
12-31-2003, 09:58 AM

:bigwave:

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 10:06 AM

Thats not why people hated Greg and you know it! I want my coach saying he can win a SB!

I know Fairway, but I've heard the sound bite of him saying that 1000 times on local talk radio. and People have been calling for the last 3 years saying that he shouldn't have said that! And that is the truth!

Historian
12-31-2003, 11:25 AM
They will also have nothing good to say about the coach and it will seem as though they are happy when we lose, even though they claim that they are angry.

This is quite possibly the most inane post I have ever read.

If the new guy comes in and says, "There is talent here, we can compete, I think we will do well." No hot air, no bold proclamations of the Super Bowl, just an honest evaluation. I'll be behind him 110%.

If he comes in, and states..."We're gonna run a WCO, (which we never had) a 4-6 defense, (when we were ranked #3 with a 3-4)
We're gonna have discipline, (when we are the most penalized team in football) and we're going to hire "teachers" as opposed to coaches...let's just say...I'll be highly skeptical. :eek:

Jeff1220
12-31-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm usually on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm not a homer, but I like to give people the opportunity to prove themselves in the situation before I forfeit all of my optimism.

That said, it would be very difficult to be optimistic about Lebeau, Jauron, McGinnis, or Gray. I would have reserved optimism about any other coordinator. There's a couple of college coaches I'd have high expectations for (Ferentz, for example), and a couple of retreads that would also come in with high expectations (Coughlin, Green, and even Reeves).

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Billsology

This is quite possibly the most inane post I have ever read.

If the new guy comes in and says, "There is talent here, we can compete, I think we will do well." No hot air, no bold proclamations of the Super Bowl, just an honest evaluation. I'll be behind him 110%.

If he comes in, and states..."We're gonna run a WCO, (which we never had) a 4-6 defense, (when we were ranked #3 with a 3-4)
We're gonna have discipline, (when we are the most penalized team in football) and we're going to hire "teachers" as opposed to coaches...let's just say...I'll be highly skeptical. :eek:

Just watch! whoever it is, people will be against him from day 1

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
And someone will question something he says!

Earthquake Enyart
12-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Not me. I'm a :homer:

I was behind GW until 4th and 2 at the 32.

Jan Reimers
12-31-2003, 12:15 PM
Why don't we all give the new guy a chance, like mature adults would do? A number of us will be disappointed when our top choice isn't hired, but why not try to see some positives in whomever is chosen.

imbondz
12-31-2003, 12:19 PM
whoever it is, if he doesn't get us to the SuperBowl and win it in his first year, then I'll hate him.

TypicalBill
12-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Not me. I'm a :homer:

I was behind GW until 4th and 2 at the 32.

:chuckle:

Drewpac
12-31-2003, 12:26 PM
I already hate him. And I don't even know who he is yet.

The Natrix
12-31-2003, 12:39 PM
If he doesn't get rid of Bledsoe, I will hate him.

The Spaz
12-31-2003, 12:43 PM
What happens if Bledsoe actually does well under a new coach. I do not hate or like Bledsoe I just wonder if he returns to have a decent year next year what we do from there concidering if we draft a QB in the first three rounds this year.

The Natrix
12-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
What happens if Bledsoe actually does well under a new coach. I do not hate or like Bledsoe I just wonder if he returns to have a decent year next year what we do from there concidering if we draft a QB in the first three rounds this year.

I don't think having the new QB as a backup if Drew does well would pose a problem.

TedMock
12-31-2003, 12:55 PM
He can't do any right what so ever in the eyes of some people. He's also way too forgiven by others. If he has a crap year, several will defend him and blame the OL, coaches, etc.. If he throws for 3500 yards 25 TD's and 5 INT's, some will talk about those stupid INT's and how poorly he played. He is what he is and has strengths and weaknesses like any other player. I just wish everybody would look at the situation objectively and not blame everything or nothing on him. What most fans don't seem to understand is that there's much more to the play than what they think they see.

Patrick76777
12-31-2003, 12:58 PM
He can't do any right what so ever in the eyes of some people. He's also way too forgiven by others. If he has a crap year, several will defend him and blame the OL, coaches, etc.. If he throws for 3500 yards 25 TD's and 5 INT's, some will talk about those stupid INT's and how poorly he played. He is what he is and has strengths and weaknesses like any other player. I just wish everybody would look at the situation objectively and not blame everything or nothing on him. What most fans don't seem to understand is that there's much more to the play than what they think they see.

Great post

The Natrix
12-31-2003, 01:10 PM

I agree with this, I really do. He should not receive all the blame.

It is just the widespread support that Bledsoe receives is what baffles me. Everyone pretty much agreed that Williams had to go. Everyone agrees that the o-line is in shambles. Everyone pretty much agrees on what this teams weaknesses are except Bledsoe continues to be thought of as the right QB for Buffalo. I just don't get it. How on earth could the Bills be any worse without Bledsoe? Someone please enlighten me.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:10 PM
If he throws for 3500 yards 25 TD's and 5 INT's, some will talk about those stupid INT's and how poorly he played.

I really doubt anyone would be *****ing if he puts up those stats. I know I would not be *****ing and I'm one of the biggest
"Bledsoe Haters"

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:11 PM
...................................because if he actually puts up #'s like that we will win and thats all I want

TedMock
12-31-2003, 01:24 PM
...................................because if he actually puts up #'s like that we will win and thats all I want

That's where I stand. I'm not necessarily for or against him. I truly believe that he's capable of #'s like that BUT he's also capable of 5 TD's and 25 INT's. That's why it's so scary. He's slow and he holds the ball too long. He also has a very strong arm and a great play action. The only reason I'm really willing to cheer for him is that, although he looked stupid several times, I think a coach less stubborn than KG would utilize the play action by setting it up with our very talented power running attack. I still hold the belief that a good coach utilizes talent given and hides weaknesses. I mean we all know that our QB gets seriously uncomfortable and makes bad decisions when in the pocket too long. Sooo, why not shorter drops or running the ball more in order to showcase strengths instead? It's not just him. Why is Sam Gash going in motion to the slot on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line? Oh yeah, because we wanted Travis Brown to throw a poor pick in the corner of the endzone. From the one yard line people are coming in hard so we lose ALL extra protection INTENTIONALLY and cause a bad throw by a 3rd string QB. This is why I can't stand KG. Don't get me wrong, when Drew's bad, he's bad so I'm not excusing that either.

Historian
12-31-2003, 01:28 PM
And someone will question something he says!

Pat, I doubt that you can get three guys in the men's room at The Ralph to agree on the team, much less a website with thousands of members. You're WAY smarter than that, I know, because i met you personally!:up:

I actually love reading everyone's short list, and even more, why
they favor this guy or dislike that guy.

Isn't that really what these boards are for???:scratch:

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:34 PM

For most of us. For a few these boards are for total homerism with no critisizm allowed if you are a "real" fan!

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by lordofgun
:bigwave:

That's because you're an equal opportunity hater. :up:
For most of us. For a few these boards are for total homerism with no critisizm allowed if you are a "real" fan!
And that's a problem in itself if you can't share your opinions without getting bashed for them :cynic:

Brian Griese Rulz
12-31-2003, 01:51 PM
Depends on who the new coach is.

Fassil,Coughlin,Jerry Gray, Gilbride,DL are on my do not hire list.

Phillips,Carroll,Hasslett,Green are on my give them a shot list.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:53 PM
Well there is at least one guy on your do not hire list you don't have to worry about BGR. Hell would freeze over before Gilbride was hired. That I have absolutely no doubt about!

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:56 PM
Well there is at least one guy on your do not hire list you don't have to worry about BGR. Hell would freeze over before Gilbride was hired. That I have absolutely no doubt about!
Someone brought that up at work today. We were talking about an offensive coordinator becoming the head coach and this guy (a Steelers fan) wondered about Gilbride. I think we all agree that there would be a massive march on to the Ralph for a public lynching if that were to happen. :chuckle:

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
I hope you pulled a Budy Ryan on that guy for even suggesting that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 02:04 PM
I hope you pulled a Budy Ryan on that guy for even suggesting that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chuckle: I thought about it...but he was mostly inquiring about who we (the Bills fans) were talking about. We were talking about offensive coordinators in general and he came into the conversation late. You know Steelers fans..they're always a little slow on the uptake. :D

imbondz
12-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
I already hate him. And I don't even know who he is yet.

:hi5:

BillsOwnAll
01-01-2004, 09:31 AM

Isn't that really what these boards are for???:scratch: i also thought they were for spam............are you sure?

TigerJ
01-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Even if the new coach is a guy I have bad feelings about (Coughlin) I will not post a bunch of negatives and I will hope for the best. I tend to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Patrick76777
01-05-2004, 09:02 AM

Pat, I doubt that you can get three guys in the men's room at The Ralph to agree on the team, much less a website with thousands of members. You're WAY smarter than that, I know, because i met you personally!:up:

I actually love reading everyone's short list, and even more, why
they favor this guy or dislike that guy.

That's my point! But I'm talking about AFTER the guy is hired! People will build up their case for or against one of these guys and when their guy is not picked they will be so angry that they will hate the guy from day 1.

Human nature. I think it’s funny.

CWOUSARET
01-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Here is my "A" list: Green, Coughlin, Fassil, Carroll, & Hasslett. Any of those guys CAN get the job done - to have at least a fighting chance to get into the playoffs.

My "B" list is: Levy, Saban (either one!), & Smith. These guys would need too many things in place and a lot of good luck to get us into the playoffs.

My "Better Dead Than Alive" list includes: any current Bills coaches (Gray, Gilbride, etc. . .), any other defensive coordinator not previously mentioned, any other college head coach not previously mentioned. This group would provide us "wailing and gnashing of teeth" like we havent known for decades.

Dozerdog
01-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Lou saban is on the B list?? The guy is in his 80's!!