PDA

View Full Version : What's with all this Bledsoe lovers/haters BS?

Jeff1220
12-31-2003, 11:10 AM
What's with people creating divisions/factions of Bills fans? It's absolutely ******ed. Maybe Bledsoe's wash up, maybe he's not, but this whole Flutie Flake/Johnsonite crap has to stop. It makes me sick. As long as someone decent replaces him, I could care less if he stays or goes. I'm much more excited about the idea of getting some coaches with brains on the Bills' staff. Just my humble opinion.

LtBillsFan66
12-31-2003, 11:22 AM
So, your with the anti-faction camp? Faction hater!!!

Jeff1220
12-31-2003, 11:28 AM
lol. Anti-factionite, that is.

LtBillsFan66
12-31-2003, 11:45 AM
Thankfully, the most notorious divider no longer posts here.

R. Rich
12-31-2003, 12:04 PM
To answer your question of did we learn from RJ/Flutie, the answer is quite clearly NO!!

Jan Reimers
12-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Good post, Jeff. I love the Bills, but this vitriolic bickering and name calling has gotten out of hand.

I hated this last season and have bashed both coaches and players on many occasions, but this Bledsoe lover/Bledsoe hater and similar stuff is too childish even for me.

R. Rich
12-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Good post, Jeff. I love the Bills, but this vitriolic bickering and name calling has gotten out of hand.

I hated this last season and have bashed both coaches and players on many occasions, but this Bledsoe lover/Bledsoe hater and similar stuff is too childish even for me.

Oh, stop bickering, Jan.

Drewpac
12-31-2003, 12:27 PM
I hate Bledsoe lover/Bledsoe hater haters.

lordofgun
12-31-2003, 12:54 PM
I hate everyone. :up:

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm in total agreement, Jeff and Jan. We were league laughingstocks before when we dealt with this kind of a division of fans. Why do some people want to bring back those days? Why can't we just accept that we don't all share the same opinion on the QB and let the chips fall where they may? We've got more players on our roster than Drew Bledsoe.

The Natrix
12-31-2003, 01:35 PM
:violin:

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
:violin:

Amen! We were never "league laughing stocks"

I don't know where that comes from. Go to any team message board and you will see bickering.

Brian Griese Rulz
12-31-2003, 01:46 PM
DF had RJ. DB has???? This is nothing like the DF/RJ thing.

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Amen! We were never "league laughing stocks"

I don't know where that comes from. Go to any team message board and you will see bickering.

You don't think people were laughing at the divisiveness that reared its ugly head during the Flutie/RJ days? I'd love to live in your world cause I saw it every day. Bickering is one thing but it got ugly during that time. I will admit though that maybe my thoughts of that time are like they are because I spent part of those days on usenet and the personal attacks ran rampant there. The thing is, I had heard that things were like that all over the place. :idunno:

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
DF had RJ. DB has???? This is nothing like the DF/RJ thing.

It's not about who they have as competition. It's about the name-calling between fans of the same team. It's ridiculous when a Bills season ticket holder is called a Fish fan just because he supports a different QB that's on the squad than the one someone says he is supposed to support. As long as you're rooting for the player to do well as long as he's on your team, there shouldn't be any problem.

Novacane
12-31-2003, 01:50 PM
Unless someone was on a bills message board back then I bet they have no idea how those two jerks split the fans into 2 camps.

I really doubt outside WNY people paid much attention to it. Thats why I say we were not the laughing stock of the NFL.

shelby
12-31-2003, 01:57 PM
People are bored and trying to stir up :angry:
:cynic:

The_Philster
12-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Unless someone was on a bills message board back then I bet they have no idea how those two jerks split the fans into 2 camps.

I really doubt outside WNY people paid much attention to it. Thats why I say we were not the laughing stock of the NFL.
You may have a point there. ..though with the Internet gaining so much popularity over the last several years, sports fans finding out about others' opinions has become more rampant.

Drewpac
12-31-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

It's not about who they have as competition. It's about the name-calling between fans of the same team. It's ridiculous when a Bills season ticket holder is called a Fish fan just because he supports a different QB that's on the squad than the one someone says he is supposed to support. As long as you're rooting for the player to do well as long as he's on your team, there shouldn't be any problem.

Fish Fan. :nana:

Novacane
12-31-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

As long as you're rooting for the player to do well as long as he's on your team, there shouldn't be any problem.

I always root for Drew to do well. I just don't expect it! Thats what some posters (saviorbledsoe cough cough!!) don't seem to get.

I want him to succeed.........I really do. I just don't see it happening.

Moulds80
12-31-2003, 03:34 PM
this stupid bickering bull**** is why I stopped coming here

baalworship
12-31-2003, 03:34 PM
I agree Fairway. I loved when the Bills went out and got Bledsoe. I still hope he does well. But I also can't ignore what I see, a QB that isn't even average. The guy is terrible! He has no mobility, leadership, can't hit receivers 5-10 yards away, throws passes up for grabs because his clock is messed up, and thinks that Gilbride's system is peachy. It shouldn't be where Travis Brown enters a game and looks amazing in comparison.

I think people are getting angry and those who can see Bledsoe for what he is are fearing the worst. The worst thing that can happen is the Bills indeed don't hire the best coach. Instead, they hire the guy who can fix Bledsoe or who might salvage Bledsoe's career. This is what WGR and Peter King and all the media types are saying. That's messed up. We're going to sacrifice next year and a chance to get to the SB so we make Bledsoe FEEL better? Forget hiring a coach who can hold his own with the Pats (Who won 14 GAMES this year). Forget keeping an open mind and making an OBJECTIVE, NON-EMOTIONAL decision. Let's just keep Bledsoe and fit everything, including the new coach around HIM. No wonder some people are starting to get antsy...

saviorbledsoe
12-31-2003, 04:24 PM

I always root for Drew to do well. I just don't expect it! Thats what some posters (saviorbledsoe cough cough!!) don't seem to get.

I want him to succeed.........I really do. I just don't see it happening.

attack the post not the poster.........

Jan Reimers
01-01-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Moulds80
this stupid bickering bull**** is why I stopped coming here

I'm beginning to feel the same way.

illusionone
01-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I'm beginning to feel the same way.

I felt this way on the game day posts...

Anyway before Bledsoe came here I was a huge NE Pats fan, I live 20 min. away from Foxboro have pats season tickets for 15 years. I hated the way the Pats treated a guy that had a huge part in making them what they are today (without Drew there would be no Gillette stadium). Thats why I followed Drew to the Bills and am a Bills fan..... ANYWAY my point is, I was able to observe bills fans from the outside RJ/DF and it was joke and it was obvious the fans were divided, in both web sites and media. any time the bills were mentioned the seperation of the fans came up some how...

-ILLUSIONONE

timfromjersey
01-01-2004, 10:31 AM
originally posted by illusionone
Thats why I followed Drew to the Bills and am a Bills fan

illusionone, point of fact, you are not a Bills fan, you are a Bledsoe fan.

To the rest: Just because of the qb bickering of the past, it means you should not let your feelings be known about a certain Bill's player? Bill*****! Bickering or arguing about the players/coaches on your favorite team is the LIFEBLOOD of a fan site.

I for one think that the Bills will never win the Superbowl with Bledsoe as qb. He has too many holes in his game. I think the poster Baalworship said it just correctly.

The Jokeman
01-01-2004, 01:01 PM

I can personally vouche things were at their ugliest with us Bills fans during the debates of Rob vs Doug. I definately wouldn't want to relive them but some good did come out of it. As one of the people I acrimoniously debated about the whole topic with is now a good friend as we have even more in common that I would have beleived and infact the person that told me of this board.