X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Marv Levy campaigning for the Bills job

I heard a clip on WNSA about Marv Levy talking about Buffalo. He said he likes Tom Donahoe, he loves Buffalo, he knows the team and likes the talent that they have. He said he would love to come back to Buffalo and coach for the Bills. So, the question is...what do you think?
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Give it a rest Marv! You had a great carreer but your time has come and gone!

TD won't even consider him!

Comment

• nolimit
      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
      • Aug 2003

i think it is trime to keep the door closed on that era! The game has changed since marv left!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

As an assistant HC maybe.. Marv had a great career and a winning career with Buffalo, hate to see him ruin that.. If he thinks he can keep up with todays NFL and coach more than 2 years then atleast interview him..

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

I say bring back Marv...Dick Vermeil is just about as old if not older and he is going to the Playoffs with his third different team. Marv would be very good for this team.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

His age scares me but I don't know if there's a guy out there who has more football knowledge. I'd like to see him as a consultant although I really don't think that'll happen. Being 78, alzheimers could kick in mid-season! Hell, Vermeil was out of the game for many more years and he came back with great success. He's also still younger than Marv!

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

i would take Marv in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Marv wants the Chicago job. He lives in Chicago now. He's also 78 years old.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I like the idea. We have a lot of talent on this roster and maybe Marv could do enough to get us the Super Bowl with them.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                    . Being 78, alzheimers could kick in mid-season!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jul 2003

Marv was great at handeling talent and motivating a team of talented players and getting them to the Superbowl........isnt that what we are looking for????????? This would be one of the greatest stories of 2004.......Marv Levy comes back to coach the Bills back to a Superbowl and they finally win!!!!

Comment

• Drewpac
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Being 78, alzheimers could kick in mid-season!
                        The thing is, as funny as that sounds, it could happen. 78 is way too old to coach in this league. I thought bringing Marv in as an interim coach this season after the KC debacle would have been a good decision but not with all of the rebuilding we have do.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

I love Marv as much as any Bills fan, but honestly, he hasn't accomplished anything that Dan Reeves hasn't, and many of you have Reeves at the bottom of your lists. Heck, Reeves has made it to the Super Bowl with different teams, not just the talent-loaded Bills squads of the early '90s.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

i thought marv was great when he was here.i'd like to see him back but i don't think it'll happen.marv should just kick back and enjoy life with his family.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                              • Apr 2003

i thought about it the other day and decided it would be best if he could just be a motivational speaker more or less, he was the oldest coach when he was coaching and its too late to take a HC job now, but i think itd be nice to find a place for him somewhere in the organization
                              the dude abides

Comment

Working...
                              X