PDA

View Full Version : Were you offended by Donahoes remarks??

Novacane
01-01-2004, 09:33 AM
about being embarrassed to be part of the community. I just want to get an idea what you all think because WGR55 and now the Buffalo News http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040101/1046198.asp

are trying to get people all fired up about it. In my circle of friends very few were upset. I had no problem with it either. I take him at his word that he was talking to the media.

shelby
01-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Even if he was referring to the fans, i don't think it's a big deal. He was angry about the personal attacks made agains GW and Lindy Ruff. It's a valid point, i should have never made fun of GW's manboobs.:cynic:

saviorbledsoe
01-01-2004, 09:51 AM
no matter how bad how bad a coach williams may have been in some peoples opinions the truth remains he gave his heart and soul to the team and deserves respect. so i agree with donahoe.

Historian
01-01-2004, 10:00 AM
They're both arrogant asses. Perhaps that's why one liked the other.

mchurchfie
01-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Billsology
They're both arrogant asses. Perhaps that's why one liked the other.

True that.:up:

Ð
01-01-2004, 10:04 AM
BS

He only "clarified" after RW hauled him out on the carpet.

Jan Reimers
01-01-2004, 10:22 AM
I think it was totally inappropriate for TD to use Williams' dismissal as a forum to bash the "community" for alleged personal attacks on GW.

It was also unfair of TD to fail to define those members of the community to whom he was referring.

Didn't anyone else feel offended by his negativity? Instead of thanking the fans for their unfailing loyalty in the face of a disasterous situation which he in fact helped create, TD blasted us all.

I accept his apology, but I have lost respect for him.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I think it was totally inappropriate for TD to use Williams' dismissal as a forum to bash the "community" for alleged personal attacks on GW.

It was also unfair of TD to fail to define those members of the community to whom he was referring.

Didn't anyone else feel offended by his negativity? Instead of thanking the fans for their unfailing loyalty in the face of a disasterous situation which he in fact helped create, TD blasted us all.

I accept his apology, but I have lost respect for him.

great post Jan.:up:

you hit the nail on the head when you stated,"TD blasted us all."some of us may not live in buffalo anymore but that doesn't mean WE aren't part of that community.we all have the same interest-the Bills.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-01-2004, 01:19 PM
If the Bills don't make the playoff's next year it will be time to hold TD responsible. He's the one who put the product on the field.

LABillsFan
01-01-2004, 01:35 PM
I agree with TD and was not offended at all. I actually gained respect for him because of it.

don137
01-01-2004, 01:36 PM
I think some people are a little thin skinned. If he didn't like the people and the area he would be out of Buffalo. I think people need to cut him a little slack. If anyone has been in position where they had do fire someone it isn't an easy task especially after they worked so closely for the past 3 years. I think he was upset at the media and the personal attacks by a few fans and since he had a very difficult day he let his emotions get the better of him. Everyone has tough days and says something they regret and could be taken out of context but we are not in front of a microphone.

Dozerdog
01-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
I agree with TD and was not offended at all. I actually gained respect for him because of it.

:up:

Maybe I'd have used a different phrasing- but bash away!

LABillsFan
01-01-2004, 01:57 PM
The guy just fired his HC and could of just moved on to the next subject, but instead he made it a point to stand up for GW as a man. If there ever was an example of character TD displayed it at his news conference. As a fan, I may not agree with some decisions made but as TD spoke I was proud as a Bills fan that the GM put himself in the line of fire when this whole year some coaches were ducking. If I'm a coach looking to interview for the Bills HC job, that scored big in my book.

Novacane
01-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by don137
I think some people are a little thin skinned. .

Amen to that!!

kgun12
01-01-2004, 05:21 PM
No I wasn't upset. TD is a stand up guy and I'm sure it hurt him to have to fire GW. Truth be told he probably wanted to keep him and get rid of a few asst. coaches, but knew it would upset the fans to much.

Fans in Buffalo have a way of pushing people out of this town, for better or worse. Glenn Parker comes to mind, he was killed on radio and the media, went on to be VERY productive with KC and went to another super bowl with NYG. There were many others, we want a winner so bad sometimes we don't see the forest through the trees. I'm not saying anything bad about anyone, but we want a winner so bad in Buffalo we become impatient!

Halbert
01-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Not at all. I agree with what TD said. But I was very surprised that he said it at all and especially that he said it the way he did.

Harsh criticism is just part of pro sports, whether from the media or the fans. Sometimes it's valid but it seems more often it's either sensationalism or useless *****ing. But that's part of the fun of it all.

If he said anything about it at all he should have been more reserved in his comments. I think he made mistake with the intensity of his comments but not the content.

And I don't think he cared that we made fun of GW's manboobs. lol.

TedMock
01-02-2004, 10:00 AM
I don't think he needed to apologize at all. He was absolutely correct. I'm guilty of calling GW "Coach Moobs" too. GW didn't succeed but he wasn't a slacker by any stretch so TD appreciated the work ethic and stood up for him. I see no fault in that at all. Good for TD. I still think the word "moobs" is funny but I can see why things like that irritated TD. NO, I'm not offended at all.

The_Philster
01-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
GW didn't succeed but he wasn't a slacker by any stretch

What would you call someone who refuses to take the blame for his screwups, though?

don137
01-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

What would you call someone who refuses to take the blame for his screwups, though?

LOG :D

TedMock
01-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

stubborn. I think he was stubborn at times, no doubt about it. I think he worked hard every day, though.

shelby
01-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by don137
LOG :D

:rofl:

John Doe
01-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Not offended at all.