PDA

View Full Version : Calihan Anyone?

saviorbledsoe
01-01-2004, 10:06 AM
I think its an obvious choice for Bills head coach Bill Calihan. Raiders just let him go. The guy is an offensive mind who last year took a team to the Superbowl. Yes he had a 4-12 season this year but that team is older than dirt. He is now my candidate for HC. Feedback please.

Ð
01-01-2004, 10:11 AM
No way. His players turned on him quicker than Michael Shumacher going around Rascasse hairpin in Monaco.

He inherited a great system from Gruden and didn't have the wherewithall to deal with the inevitable salary cap bumps in the road.

Jan Reimers
01-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ð
No way. His players turned on him quicker than Michael Shumacher going around Rascasse hairpin in Monaco.

He inherited a great system from Gruden and didn't have the wherewithall to deal with the inevitable salary cap bumps in the road.

Great F1 reference. I think he runs one of those super-complicated offensive systems which we won't need with TH and a healthy WM.

Throne Logic
01-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Uh, the man is not very saavy, nor is he very bright. He found himself in a difficult situation this year, yes. However, it is NEVER a good idea to try and motivate your team by calling them idiots on national TV. You cannot have a coach who collapses when his team does. Sure way to finish with a loosing record.

He did not handle the situation with Woodson very well, either.

If the Raider players lost respect for him, why do you think another team would give it to him? Buffalo needs a coach with something to proove on the field, not in the locker room.

As far as the Superbowl appearence. He was handed a team that could have taken itself as far as it did. Lots of talent backed by lots of smart vets on both sides of the ball. When it came down to coaching strategy, they were completely dismantled by Tampa Bay.

I don't want him.

SABURZFAN
01-01-2004, 11:21 AM
no thanks.

The Natrix
01-01-2004, 11:31 AM
I'd rather have Gilbride

...well, not really

I just don't see BC getting any respect from the players

Tatonka
01-01-2004, 11:46 AM
no on the head coaching job.. but maybe as the o cordinator.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Hell no - I don't want this guy in Buffalo - not after seeing how he flat out degraded his players for the entire country to see on TV, and not after he didn't make any adjustments for when the Raiders played the Bucs in the superbowl (the terminology was still the same for the playcalling as it was when Gruden was there) and on top of it all, he's a west coast offense guy - I could be wrong, but the last time I saw Buffalo try to implement the West Coast offense, we didn't look so sharp - and this guy probably doesn't exactly have a doctorate in WCO - I'd probably say that I believe he rode some serious coat tails that trailed Gruden.

don137
01-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Callahan and Gilbride really hurt themselves with there actions this year. They will have to take demotions and not take a latereal move after what they displayed this year

Dozerdog
01-01-2004, 02:40 PM
No WCO coaches- we don't have the personel

That means no Callahagn, Ray Rhodes, and Dennis Green

JayWood
01-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I will pass on him thank you very much

ublinkwescore
01-02-2004, 01:53 AM
When Raiders fans are telling you he's a lowsy coach, it's usually a pretty good sign that he is.