PDA

View Full Version : Steve Tasker - "Wire would be a good FS"

NC-BILLS44
01-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Did anyone hear Steve Tasker's comments about Coy Wire at FS?

I was watching the Steve Tasker show yesterday and he commented on how Wire would make a good FS because he as a nose for the ball and has the ability to read the play and cover.
He said that Milloy likes Wire and they work well together.

Did anyone else see it or hear it?

shelby
01-01-2004, 01:22 PM
i missed it. i have wanted Wire at FS all season. He hits like a truck and is highly motivated. Under Milloy's guidance, he could develop into a great FS.

Tasker said he can cover?:D

BADTHINGSMAN
01-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Shelby, you sure thats where you really want Wire??:D

Hopefully he will get a shot during PS to start along side Milloy..

colin
01-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Wire still had a big adjustment to make to get to SS last year.

If he makes the adjustment to FS, improving speed and coverage ability, I will be impressed. That would make us just silly with the tackling.

mypoorfriendme
01-01-2004, 03:18 PM
he played lb in college which makes him borderline SS....now thats REALLY borderline FS, i dont think he has the coverage skills

NC-BILLS44
01-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Tasker seemed to think he had the ability to switch to FS.

JefftheBillsfan
01-01-2004, 09:13 PM
He has the smarts and talent to master it mentally and from a technique standpoint. but its hard to improve range, and thats what hes lacking IMO.

Schobel94
01-01-2004, 09:45 PM
In this day and age, free and strong safety are almost indistinguishable. Hey, he only started one game and he's the only saftey that came even remotley close to a pick (except Prioleau in week 3). I think it would make the secondary a lot stronger with him and Milloy starting.

ublinkwescore
01-02-2004, 02:30 AM
He's definitely waisted talent as long as he's on the bench - they've gotta find a way to get him on the field.