PDA

View Full Version : Any one think that maybe we should have grabbed Sam Adams when we had the chance?

ublinkwescore
10-07-2002, 10:20 AM
Our Defense is what's hurting us. We should be able to score 30+ points on any team, and win. This loss today was the fault of our Defense. I'm beginning to think we should go to a cover 2 bend don't break, or back to the 3-4 or something - Our D blows. I'm pissed that the oldest team in the league was able to run the score up 18 points on our team. Charlie Garner shouldn't have been able to break some of the runs that he did, and he shouldn't have got that long touchdown reception.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm happy with the personell, but we need to change our scheme.

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 11:10 AM
believe me ublink, Sam Adams would not have made you any better.

Novacane
10-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Maybe our D should all drink a 6 pack of Sam Adams before each game. They can't play any worse drunk!

The Natrix
10-07-2002, 11:24 AM
when did we ever have the chance? You talk like we can get anyone we want. Newsflash: Buffalo is a cold, dark place with little to do for millionaires.

Buffalofan
10-07-2002, 11:28 AM
One person is not going to make the difference on that defense ..they need serious help. Maybe a new coordinator can get them to play because the one we have now obviously cannot !!

Judge
10-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
when did we ever have the chance? You talk like we can get anyone we want. Newsflash: Buffalo is a cold, dark place with little to do for millionaires.

Nonsense.

The money in Buffalo is the same currency as the money in Oakland, NYC, or Boston. It goes farther too.

These guys only need to have jobs here. They can spend it wherever they want. If they don't like the area, then they can leave after the season and spend their $$ elsewhere.

That's the beauty of NFL revenue sharing. It makes Buffalo, Green Bay, KC, etc., as attractive a market as NYC.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2002, 01:37 PM
If there's a good DT, and a Good DE that loses his job because of a team getting itself into cap trouble, we'd better not lollygag, because our line is pathetic against the pass, and against the run. It's really sad when you look and see our D is weaker then the Texans (but their D won't be able to hang with our Offense - which is why we'll win this week. I do expect a big game from our D though - David Carr is the most sacked QB in the league I think.

Novacane
10-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Adams made it pretty clear he was going to the highest bidder. We could of had him and he would have helped with the run D but I think our biggest problem is no pass rush. Not sure he would of helped much there.

ublinkwescore
10-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Sam Adams isn't a good pass rusher?

BillsMan80
10-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Sam would have helped, but I think this defense can be average or better with a change in fricken scheme. The 46 is HOPELESS. Repeat after me, HOPELESS!!!!!!!

ublinkwescore
10-07-2002, 08:54 PM
I'm all for the Cover 2 bend don't break myself. London isn't a Derrick Brooks, but Coy Wire is John Lynch in the making.