PDA

View Full Version : Who Watched The Rose Bowl?

R. Rich
01-02-2004, 07:58 AM
What did you think of Kenechi Udeze? He looked awesome against a pretty decent OL: 3 sacks and at least 1 forced fumble. I think he'll be a very good pass rusher as a pro. Thoughts?

Jan Reimers
01-02-2004, 08:07 AM
I agree. At least one of the mock drafts has us taking him in the 1st round, although that may be a stretch. I don't think he's the new Eric Flowers, but that pick has made me a little gun shy.

R. Rich
01-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I agree. At least one of the mock drafts has us taking him in the 1st round, although that may be a stretch. I don't think he's the new Eric Flowers, but that pick has made me a little gun shy.

Oh, this guy is a much better prospect than Flowers (what a stupid name!!), plus he's bigger and can help stop the run. If we were to trade down in the first and still pick Udeze up, I'd be okay with that. We do need a pass rush, and he can provide it.

imbondz
01-02-2004, 11:49 AM
i stomached the game best I could cuz I extremely dislike (not hate r. rich ) Miami and Fl. St.

R. Rich
01-02-2004, 12:27 PM
In regards to the "h word", you're learning.

So, what did you think of Udeze? I think he's a heck of a pass rusher!

SoCalBillsFan
01-02-2004, 01:14 PM
UDEZE is the man!!

clumping platelets
01-02-2004, 03:06 PM
I noticed Udeze a couple of months ago. He seems to be the consummate 4-3 DE and primarily lines up at LDE.

I also noticed Keary Colbert at WR.

It wouldn't upset me if the Bills took both on day one :)

1) DE Kenechi Udeze
2) WR Keary Colbert
3) QB of the future
4) interior OL
5-7) depth

Ed
01-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I didn't really watch the whole game, but one thing that I liked about Udeze is that I saw him lining up at both the left and right DE position. And since Schobel stepped up again this year and is proving to be a pretty good DE it would be good to have a guy with that type of versatility.

SoCalBillsFan
01-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Udeze has lined up at both left and right, and is used to doing either. THe system they use requires himto be active, and they do a lot of stunting, slanting, etc. The guy has been a force in college, I hope he can keep it up in the NFL. He hasn't declared for the draft yet (and I'm kinda hoping he doesn't) but if he does, I think he is a complete DE than can succeed in the NFL.

R. Rich
01-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
Udeze has lined up at both left and right, and is used to doing either. THe system they use requires himto be active, and they do a lot of stunting, slanting, etc. The guy has been a force in college, I hope he can keep it up in the NFL. He hasn't declared for the draft yet (and I'm kinda hoping he doesn't) but if he does, I think he is a complete DE than can succeed in the NFL.

Thanks for the info, SoCal. In one of the offseason scenarios I did, I had us trading down in the first in order to get Udeze. If he declares (hopefully), that might not be possible now. The highest I saw him go in any mock drafts was to Washington with the 10th pick or so. I was hoping by trading down into the 20s, we'd have a shot at him. That might be out the window after the way he played last night.

Ingtar33
01-03-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure who asked me about him... but earlier this year i gave my initial thoughts on him and they basically went...

2nd best DE in the country, likely 20-40 pick in the draft.

I still stand by that.

socalfan
01-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
UDEZE is the man!!

You got that one right....the guy was awesome....I thought I saw him line up at a tackle position a couple of times too.

Originally posted by Ingtar33
I'm not sure who asked me about him... but earlier this year i gave my initial thoughts on him and they basically went...

2nd best DE in the country, likely 20-40 pick in the draft.

I still stand by that.

I hope you're not thinking the guy from Ohio State is better!

Tatonka
01-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
i stomached the game best I could cuz I extremely dislike (not hate r. rich ) Miami and Fl. St.

the rose bowl was usc/michigan..

your thinking of the orange bowl.. that game had tons of nfl talent in it too.