PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Winslow Jr.

BillyT92679
01-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Feel free to move this to the Draft Zone if need be, but I wanted to introduce it here first since this area gets more traffic. Nearly every draft predictor thinks the Bills will get Kellen Winslow Jr as the 13th. What is everyone's take on that? I would prefer a Reggie/Roy/Mike Williams or a Will Smith. I think a pass-catching tight end does not aid any particular power running machinations the Bills might have for 2004

.:feedback:

Dozerdog
01-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Let's see who is the coach.

If we get a Ferentz and go with a power attack, I'd be more inclined to get O Line help (if Sean Taylor is gone) or A QB of the future if Big Ben manages to fall to 13th (doubtful)

We might even trade down to accomplish this.

If there is an inclination to revive the passing attack- go with a stud WR

Novacane
01-01-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't think we'll take a TE #1. It is not as big a need as all these national guys who don't follow our team think it is.

nolimit
01-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Mike Williams is not draft eligible

BillyT92679
01-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

I'd still like to see him.

BillyT92679
01-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

I could have sworn he was too.

BAM
01-01-2004, 03:15 PM
l wouldn't be disappointed if the Bills drafted Winslow, although I don't think TE is a priority, i still wouldn't mind it. Sure he is young and has a cocky attitude, but again, he is young and "should" grow out of it. He looks like he will be a great player in the league...so it may be worth it to grab him. Take some OL on the next few picks though... :up:

mypoorfriendme
01-01-2004, 03:16 PM
i wouldnt want winslow on my team no matter how good he is. he may be able to contribute, but there are a lot of other things he comes with (tons of attitude and arrogance) that just doesnt make him worth it. haha...the first game he scored a touchdown and did the hiesman pose......too bad that was his only touchdown of the season

Will McGahee Fast
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
I wouldnt mind Winslow.. We need another playmaker in the passing game and a flex-TE would be very useful. We do need to do something about the O-line...

I think Billy is thinking about Reggie Williams. I would love to see him in the slot. He can play.

Tatonka
01-01-2004, 11:43 PM
i watched winslow hard tonight.. he is a strong blocker, from what i could see.. i like his fire.. he is a definate competitor.. which has lead to some of his childish outbursts, imho.. he just wants to win.

he made a couple nice catches.. it is just amazing how miami refused to utilize him this year though.. he could have had a much better year, and he is going to fall because of that.. if we draft him, i would like to see us trade down, because i think he can be had around pick 20 or so.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Since everyone and his brother's mock draft has us picking Kellen Winslow Jr. in the first round, I started paying attention to him a bit more in last night's game.

Boy this guy can play. He's a decent blocker and has great hands. I sure wouldn't mind having him as a Bill.

R. Rich
01-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Me neither. He's not my first choice (I'd rather see Sean Taylor here), but he's quite an athlete and has the potential to be an even better TE than Shockey.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2004, 10:23 AM
I think Winslow isn't as tough as Shockey, or as big as Heap, but he'd be comparable to a Randy McMichael type, a pass catching athletic TE.

Novacane
01-02-2004, 10:25 AM
I would not mind having him either but there are a lot of other guys I'd take first.

timfromjersey
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
If fans want to keep Bledsoe or rejuvinate his career, we better get Winslow. He catches just about everthing thrown his way and makes incredible catches, very much like his father (speaking as one who watched the father play.)

He makes the kind of plays that gives you that one or two more scoring drives a game or longer offensive possesions. He will be a much better receiving threat than shockey will ever be (much more reliable and productive-speaking as one who watches Shockey regularly.) He will take much pressure off of Moulds and Reed.

He is a pocket QB's dream!!!

Drewpac
01-02-2004, 11:14 AM
"I'm a :angry: soldier!!!"

Post edited to rid profanity

The_Philster
01-02-2004, 11:17 AM
If we were to retain Gilbride as offensive coordinator, Winslow would be under-utilized just as much as the two starting TEs we already have on our roster, though.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Threads merged. :miyagi:

Bert102176
01-03-2004, 08:46 AM
10 to 1 we wil draft the best player available just like when we drafted Willis Mcgahee