PDA

View Full Version : Bills Dream Draft

shadowfax
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
1. LFitzgerald. Not there? Then Winslow.
2. Braylon Edwards. Already have LFitz? Then Udeze.
3. Ben Watson, TE. Not there? Kentrell Curry, S
4. DeMarco McNeil, DT. Not there? Max Starks, T
5. Casey Clausen, QB
6. Michael Turner, RB
7. Arnold Parker, S

Free Agency:

Sign Damien Woody and Jerry Fontentot and Casey Coleman. Guard to guards has been upgraded.

Cut AVP and TBrown and sign AJ Feeley or Billy Volek.

Sign WR Justin McCareins.

(Emoulds | LFitz or BEdwards | McCareins | Reed | Shaw)

Resign Shaw and tell him he'll compete with Reed for #2. Then pull all this in free agency and we'll have great depth, despite being misleading to Shaw.

Sign TE Kleinsasser (Cut Moore and Neuman)

Big offseason signing: Antoine Winfield. No says Antoine? Then McALister or Plummer or Springs or Taylor or VIncent or Ty Law if he's released. I'd like Law first and then Bobby Taylor, personally. Great cover skills, both of 'em.

Finally, Jim Fassel at HC.

THoughts?

shelby
01-02-2004, 05:30 PM
i'd rather not have Fassel. i'm not sold on Volek either. i like Bobby Shaw but depth is a good thing.

Nice post:up:

Devin
01-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Not to bad, im not big on Fassel either think hes a Coordinator at best. Replace him with Coughlin/Green and sign/draft a solid DL and im with you.

Billsouth
01-02-2004, 07:06 PM
casey clausen sucks and is a waste. why would we ever draft another runningback.

shadowfax
01-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Not to bad, im not big on Fassel either think hes a Coordinator at best. Replace him with Coughlin/Green and sign/draft a solid DL and im with you.

clausen doesn't suck. he's a good prospect in the late rounds. why draft another running back? Um, maybe because Joe Burns has the speed and instincts of a Jonathan Linton. That's why.

The Spaz
01-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
casey clausen sucks and is a waste. why would we ever draft another runningback.

Yep Clausen Blows!?

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/03-04playermugs/p-clausen-casey.jpg
Casey Clausen
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/players/46993/

25/9 TD - INT Ratio is pretty terrible as well.:drinker: :coocoo:

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Fitzgerald will be the #1 pick if he does enter the draft. We don't stand a chance at him.

Tatonka
01-02-2004, 08:58 PM
hey arctic... last year boldin should have been a total shoe in for the first round, and then he ran a 4.8 at the combine..

you never know bud..

ArcticWildMan
01-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but no way is Fitzgerald gonna have that happen. He's about as close as it comes to a sure thing.

ryguy8161
01-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Yeah, but no way is Fitzgerald gonna have that happen. He's about as close as it comes to a sure thing. \

I disagree. Roy Williams already has a mark as the next Randy Moss. Who'll be better, Fitz or Williams? Dunno, but I think it's more a sure thing that Williams will be a great reciever.

shadowfax
01-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Yeah, but no way is Fitzgerald gonna have that happen. He's about as close as it comes to a sure thing.

Roy Williams is the most overrated player in this draft, next to Will Smith. Roy Williams is knock kneed, stiff, and has the flexibility of a steel rod. You watch. He will slip in the draft. He will not go as high as every draft board has him. He's a fly route WR, but he doesn't have the dynamic range of a Fitzgerald or EVEN A LEE EVANS.

Bert102176
01-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Casey Clausen, QB sucks and is a joke even to be mentioned in a Bills draft I want Eli Manning and say we trade our 13 and Reuben Brown to move up in the draft.

The Spaz
01-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
Casey Clausen, QB sucks and is a joke even to be mentioned in a Bills draft I want Eli Manning and say we trade our 13 and Reuben Brown to move up in the draft.

To say Clausen sucks is ridiculous. I would rather have Manning as well but if we couldn't and grabbed Clausen with our 3-4th pick then I wouldn't be disappointed.

socalfan
01-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by shadowfax
2. Braylon Edwards. Already have LFitz? Then Udeze.
THoughts?

Please no Braylon Edwards. During the last 3 years, I've seen some great catches by him but also an awful lot of dropped balls. His typical game was the Rose bowl. If he hadn't of had that long sideline pass bounce off of his face mask, the game may have taken on a different tone....but that is BE game.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-03-2004, 01:42 PM

I agree. We need Eli Manning. He will probably go #1 in the draft.

Im not sure who has the #1 pick because 4 teams are tied with a 4-12 record. Oakland, SD, Arizona, and the Giants. All 4 of them could pick Eli.

Al Davis would love to have Manning. The Giants would love to have a big named star at QB also. ($$$$ Jersey sales)

None of those teams need a RB so trading our #1 and Henry for the top pick won't work.

Sabre Ally
01-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I believe SD has the #1 pick.

ArcticWildMan
01-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Yep, and they have apparently given up on Brees, so they will most likely go after Eli.

Raiders who I think pick second, will jump on Fitzgerald.

Novacane
01-03-2004, 02:19 PM

I would not mind moving up for Manning either but I think it will take a lot more than our #1 and Ruben.

Tatonka
01-03-2004, 03:16 PM
no qb is worth paying such a high price to move up.. and honestly.. think about how FEW qbs that were very high draft picks turned out to be very good? i can only think of a few..

manning and vick (who seems to be hurt all the time).. mcnair was fairly high, but not a top pick at all.. low first round i think...

now think of all the other qbs that are good in this league that were not super high picks..

it just doesnt make sense to spend all that money or waste that high a pick.. qb is the biggest crap shoot in the draft every year.

Drewpac
01-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
no qb is worth paying such a high price to move up.. and honestly.. think about how FEW qbs that were very high draft picks turned out to be very good? i can only think of a few..

mcnair was fairly high, but not a top pick at all.. low first round i think...

it just doesnt make sense to spend all that money or waste that high a pick.. qb is the biggest crap shoot in the draft every year.

Just to clarify, McNair was the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

helmetguy
01-03-2004, 07:23 PM
I still say we grab Danny Holland, 3rd round, if he's still there.

DraftBoy
01-03-2004, 10:11 PM
#1. Clausen doesnt suck but yet at the same time he will never be anything special. Hes always been given great talent around him and his true talent showed in the Peach Bowl when his precious WR (Banks) didnt play in the 1st half. As for taking Micheal Turner from Northern Illinois in the 6th round??!!! What are you smoking no way the kid falls that far down. Also Socal is right about Bed, he has good spead but hands of stone. He makes amazing plays on the hard catched but lets the easy ones fall right through.

Tatonka
01-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
Just to clarify, McNair was the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

ah.. couldnt remember.. thank you..

he looked good today.. 1 td and 3 ints..

The_Philster
01-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I still say we grab Danny Holland, 3rd round, if he's still there.

Good call. He could back up TKO with his range even though he played MLB in college. :up:

helmetguy
01-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Good call. He could back up TKO with his range even though he played MLB in college. :up:

Not to mention he does pretty well in a "stand-up" DE role.

Mud
01-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Dreaming is fun, huh? You aren't getting Fitzgerald, if he does get into the draft, simply because TD knows football and knows you don't need a WR. IMO, you guys won't get Winslow.

The_Philster
01-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Not to mention he does pretty well in a "stand-up" DE role.

Might be a little undersized to do that too often for the Bills at 6-1 223

The Spaz
01-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Mud
Dreaming is fun, huh? You aren't getting Fitzgerald, if he does get into the draft, simply because TD knows football and knows you don't need a WR. IMO, you guys won't get Winslow.

Your right and you will still select Eddie Moore this year as well!:up::woeisme: