• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

Peter King says Buffalo is the most attractive opening

"By Peter King

One of the candidates on a few NFL coaching lists asked me the other day: "What do you think is the best job out there?"

"Buffalo," I said."

"Jim Fassel or Tom Coughlin could revitalize Bledsoe, assuming Bledsoe would listen the way John Elway did a decade ago in Denver and the way Kerry Collins did in turning his career around with the Giants. I hear Bledsoe would be open to coaching, which is a big plus for a veteran who's accomplished as much as he has."

the rest......
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
    veteran who's accomplished as much as he has."
    I love bledsoe, but this made me laugh.... what exactly has Bledsoe accomplished again?

Comment

• Halbert
      I'm Not Normal
      • Jul 2002

That was a great article. I don't see any other the other coaching positions nearly as attractive as the Bills.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

I love bledsoe, but this made me laugh.... what exactly has Bledsoe accomplished again?

I was thinking the same thing! What about this?

I believe he does, but I believe he has to take a dose of Dan Marino: Throw the ball away more. A good offensive coach would get that across to him.

Coach after coach after coach after ............................... has been trying to get that through Bledsoes head for years. I don't know why King thinks anything is going to change now!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
          That was a great article. I don't see any other the other coaching positions nearly as attractive as the Bills.

Atlanta is right there! I think us and ATL are the two best jobs.

I don't know why anyone would want to work for Snyder or Al Davis.

Bidwell will never commit to winning in AZ and who cares if Chicago and the Giants have storied histories. Thats not going to help them win now!

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

Buffalo is #1 IF the new guy can cut the cord with Bledsoe. If TD forces Bledsoe on people in the interviews we ain't getting anyone good to coach here. Hell, even Belichick couldn't win with Bledsoe.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

There is an opportunity for the right guy to step into Arizona and do what Marvin Lewis did in Cincy, if Bidwell will let him.

Angelo is a horrible GM, so Chicago is not a good opportunity.

The Giants and Falcon jobs might be ok.

Oakland and Washington will suck.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                Buffalo is #1 IF the new guy can cut the cord with Bledsoe. If TD forces Bledsoe on people in the interviews we ain't getting anyone good to coach here. Hell, even Belichick couldn't win with Bledsoe.
                No way. Just face it, Drew is here to stay, at least for the next season or two. I think he has a chance to turn things around. Peter King is right, he can be coached to take fewer chances. And we'll be very very good.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Peter King is right, he can be coached to take fewer chances. And we'll be very very good.

What makes you think the new coach is going to be able to get Drew to get rid of the Ball. People said the same thing about Rob Johnson. No coach has been able to get that through Drews head. I really don't understand why people are thinking all of the sudden after 10 years Drew is going to be differant. Ain't gonna happen!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                    What makes you think the new coach is going to be able to get Drew to get rid of the Ball.
                    That's because Drew has never had a offensive minded coach who has coached him well enough. Look: Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick. None of whom are offensive coaches.

Coughlin or Fassel can turn him around. I know it.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Coughlin or Fassel can turn him around. I know it.

Hope so but don't put any money on it!

Comment

• baalworship
                        • May 2003

If Tom Donahoe mortgages the Bills future to try to revive a QB that is clearly on the downside of his career we need a new GM. I want to win next year and Bledsoe has to go. Any coach that doesn't suck will see the same any casual fan can see. TD says Bledsoe looks good in warmups. Yeah, so did Rob Johnson. Unfortunately for us, the game is different when DE's and LB's are trying to separate you from the ball. Bledsoe sucks and I think Donahoe will let the new coach axe him.

If TD forces Bledsoe on a coach that coach will fail just like Gdub.

:firehead:

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jul 2003

Jesus F#$%^ing Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we have 1 thread just 1 F$^%ing thread that doesnt involve Bledsoe bashing!!!!!!!!! You people are obsessed.

Comment

• Halbert
                            I'm Not Normal
                            • Jul 2002

You spelled F$^%ing wrong.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                              If Tom Donahoe mortgages the Bills future to try to revive a QB that is clearly on the downside of his career we need a new GM. I want to win next year and Bledsoe has to go. Any coach that doesn't suck will see the same any casual fan can see. TD says Bledsoe looks good in warmups. Yeah, so did Rob Johnson. Unfortunately for us, the game is different when DE's and LB's are trying to separate you from the ball. Bledsoe sucks and I think Donahoe will let the new coach axe him.

If TD forces Bledsoe on a coach that coach will fail just like Gdub.

:firehead:
                              Darn glad you're not our GM.

Comment

Working...
                              X