• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Sounds like Levy is desparate to get back in coaching

in a story on the Redskins coaching search

............While the team could expand its search, there are no current plans to do so, and the club will concentrate on the trio of known candidates. Team sources said that Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy, 78, has left messages indicating his interest in the vacancy. Levy told Chicago-area newspapers earlier this week he would like a shot at the Bears' job as well.

The interviews with former New York Giants coach Jim Fassel -- all three of them -- are done, with Dennis Green on deck in the Washington Redskins' coaching search.
    Last edited by Novacane; 01-02-2004, 09:18 PM.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Seeing Vermeil come out of retirement and getting success must be giving Marv an itch. Those four SB losses must be burning a bit deeper in him than we could tell.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

He must be calling everyone with an opening. I wonder how many messages he left with the redskins?

I'd hate to see him come back and coach another team. Thankfully I don't think anyone will even hire him. He's 10 years older than Vermeil

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

he'll get hired!!! i think he can still do it

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
          • Sep 2003

i think Marv would still be a good coach. he's still very smart, as you can see in his articles on NFL.com, and his speeches.

he'll be fine if he gets a job.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

If Marv returns, it had better be with us. I'd hate the thought of him coaching for someone else, especially the ***** Redskins, who beat him in a SB
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

if Marv coaches anyone but the Bills he should be put in jail as a traitor
              Last edited by Bert102176; 01-03-2004, 08:59 AM.
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                If Marv returns, it had better be with us. I'd hate the thought of him coaching for someone else, especially the ***** Redskins, who beat him in a SB

I feel the same although I don't want him returning to coach the BIlls. I hate the thought of seeing "our" hall of fame coach on some other teams sidelines. I still doubt it will happen.

Comment

• Halbert
                  I'm Not Normal
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                  I feel the same although I don't want him returning to coach the BIlls.
                  Ok that made no sense. Unless you think he's too old, which he isn't. He's a spry 80 year old. I'd love to see him back here.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert

Ok that made no sense. Unless you think he's too old, which he isn't. He's a spry 80 year old. I'd love to see him back here.

Yes, I think he is to old. I don't think any NFL GM is going to stake his career on the success of an 80 yr old coach. I'll be suprised if he gets an interview anywhere.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
                      i'll be if he coaches anywhere other than for the Bills.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                        Originally posted by imbondz
                        i'll be if he coaches anywhere other than for the Bills.
                        i agree 110%!

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

this could be a good situation for him. He will not want to be on a team that is rebuilding. There is no question we are pretty close...even though we looked like crap last season. With a few more points scored (umm...some better play calling) and a pass rush...we would have won 12 games.

Comment

Working...
                          X