• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

D where are you?- blame TD for that 1

The D is horrendous.

Stating the obvious, I know, but it isn't doing anything. Not stopping anyone, not making any key T/O's to help the offense a little.

Hindsight is 20-20, and I know I have said it before, but blame has to go on TD for not getting more DL help in here. He isn't afraid to make the tough decisions, and cutting Jerry O earlier, and maybe Jay Riemersma (outplayed 2 straight weeks by Dave Morre) after Moore signed could have freed up $$ to get some help up front.

W/O a pass rush, the pass coverage breaks down and the big plays will follow.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • Drewpac
    • Jul 2002

I think he did alot in the offseason. There was no way we were going to be able to address all of our needs in the offseason. We were a very unimpressive 3-13 last season. This year I can't see us being any worse than 7-9. That's a pretty big improvement. Next year will be the year we make the playoffs.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

seriously get off the guys back!!! This takes time. Look what he did with our offense! Now next season he will focus on defense and we will be off and running!

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
        I think he did alot in the offseason. There was no way we were going to be able to address all of our needs in the offseason. We were a very unimpressive 3-13 last season. This year I can't see us being any worse than 7-9. That's a pretty big improvement. Next year will be the year we make the playoffs.
        The problem is that this offense is something special- could be a record-breaker. And the D will prevent the TEAM from taking advantage of it.

TD did alot, but he could have done more. He got rid of fan favorites and purged salary his first year, so he has shown he isn't afraid. He could have and should have done more: Riemersma refused to renegotiate? He should have been CUT. Jerry O was in bad physical condition? Talk him into retiring earlier, or CUT him.

TD's own successful offseason has to be the source of questioning, too- if you do THAT much to improve, then why stop if there's clearly more that could be done?
        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          seriously get off the guys back!!! This takes time. Look what he did with our offense! Now next season he will focus on defense and we will be off and running!
          There's no time in the NFL. You can go from 3-13 to 13-3 overnight.

Next year, Peerless Price could very well be gone, Drew will be a year older, etc. This could have been the big year for this team b/c of the offense.

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

This is the 81st time I will say this: We should have cut Centers and JR. They are worthless. If anyone gives me the Bledsoe to Coates argument I will attack the poster and not the post.

Byrd.

Comment

• Judge
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
              This is the 81st time I will say this: We should have cut Centers and JR. They are worthless. If anyone gives me the Bledsoe to Coates argument I will attack the poster and not the post.
              Centers has been better this year than I expected him to be, but you have great points. Bledsoe could have a better connection w/ Dave Moore at this oint, anyways.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                I have the arms of a new born baby!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

There's no time in the NFL. You can go from 3-13 to 13-3 overnight.

Next year, Peerless Price could very well be gone, Drew will be a year older, etc. This could have been the big year for this team b/c of the offense.
                oh ya? tell the rams and ravens that....
                We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin

oh ya? tell the rams and ravens that....
                  Exactly. That's my point, Einstein! The Rams and Ravens went from last to first.

Try reading for a change.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                    • Jul 2002

Signing a guy like Sam Adams to a one year contract like the Raiders did would have been worse for the Bills than not signing him. It's a mercenary move by the Raiders. Yes, we would have been better on D this year, yes perhaps we win a game or two more than we will, no we are not going to be a Super Bowl winner with just him and yes, next year we are worse off because the guys we have had less experience and we need to spend the money anyway. We're asking too much to fix every problem and what TD has done have not been quick fixes. Drew is here for years. So will Coy Wire and Prioleau. So will Fletcher and Mike Williams and Josh Reed. Quick fixes are for teams like the Raiders giving it one last shot like they are doing this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X