PDA

View Full Version : Watching Carolina last night...

Historian
01-04-2004, 11:44 AM
I gotta believe that Tom Donahoe got his interview notes mixed up three years ago. "Bright, young defensive coordinator, stresses a solid defense, and disciplined play." That had to be in his notes about John Fox, not gregg Williams.

Last night the panthers won without committing a single penalty.

I have to believe that Mr. Donahoe got his notes mixed up.:scratch:

shelby
01-04-2004, 12:07 PM
i was having a :wail: moment, thinking that he could have been our HC for the past three years.
:madcurse:

baalworship
01-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Yep. Bills would have been playing this weekend if John Fox was our coach. I sure hope TD lets Modrak help him this time. John Fox is impressive when they interview him on TV as well. The media LOVE to interview him because he has great presence and football knowledge. How did Gdub beat him in an interview?!

baalworship
01-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Plus, Dan Henning called a sweet game. Henning made the Dallas D look bad. Of course Delhomme made some nice throws too...It sure must be nice to have a QB that can make plays in a big game.

The_Philster
01-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
Plus, Dan Henning called a sweet game. Henning made the Dallas D look bad.

You have to wonder why he didn't do that here. :scratch:

Tatonka
01-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
You have to wonder why he didn't do that here. :scratch:

he is a run first coach.. and his running back was antwain smith.. that is why it didnt work.. we could be so lucky to have a OC with his philosophy here now with our personell.

The_Philster
01-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he is a run first coach.. and his running back was antwain smith.. that is why it didnt work.. we could be so lucky to have a OC with his philosophy here now with our personell.

Actually, in 1997, we had Thurman Thomas as the starter. It was Antowain's rookie year...a rookie year in which he was coached by Thurman Thomas and he did a good job for us as Thurman's backup.
The problem Henning had here was that he refused to adapt his systems to our personnel. He ran primarily a 2-TE set and the TEs on the roster were Lonnie Johnson, Tony Cline, Robert Coons, and a young Jay Riemersma.

Tatonka
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
his offense was ok that year though.. that was thurmans last year right?

on a side note.. can you imagine having a game, let alone a PLAYOFF game.. where your team has NO penalties and NO turnovers???

The_Philster
01-04-2004, 08:23 PM
his offense was ok that year though.. that was thurmans last year right?

Actually, it sucked copious amounts of ass. :puke: We were ready to string up Henning at the end of the season. Of course, our QB situation sucked beyond belief as well that season. Todd Collins was the starter. Billy Joe Hobert was the #2 until he failed to study the gameplan going into the game in New England, AVP was playing with a partially separated shoulder all year long. (That part still pisses me off :madcurse:...they talked all offseason about Todd vs Billy Joe and I figured AVP would smoke them both..but he was injured on his second play of the preseason in Denver).
on a side note.. can you imagine having a game, let alone a PLAYOFF game.. where your team has NO penalties and NO turnovers???

unreal. The way some of the officiating has gotten the past few years, I think the rate of flags per game has gone up.

The_Philster
01-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Oh, and Thurman, Andre, and BRUCE played for the Bills through the 1999 season. Their final game was the Music City Fiasco. 1997 was the final year for Tasker and Levy, though.

Billsouth
01-04-2004, 08:42 PM
hey... with henning we made the playoffs but with gilbride we r losers...

i would much rather have henning over gilbride any day of the week

The_Philster
01-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
hey... with henning we made the playoffs but with gilbride we r losers...

i would much rather have henning over gilbride any day of the week

:huh: we went 6-10 in '97 and missed the playoffs