PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Fans, you'll like this

OpIv37
01-04-2004, 04:25 PM
My wife is from Puerto Rico and we went there to visit her family for the holidays. We went to visit her uncle and cousins, who live in the mountains in the center of the island- basically the middle of nowhere.

I was surprised that one of her cousins was wearing a Sabres jersey. He's never been to Buffalo or lived in the US, so I have no idea how he even heard of the Sabres or where he got the jersey. But someone in the mountains of a tropical island 2500 miles from Buffalo roots for the Sabres.

JD
01-04-2004, 08:27 PM
That is awesome!

Newer or old one?

OpIv37
01-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
That is awesome!

Newer or old one?

It was a newer one, but it didn't have a player name on the back so it could have been from anytime after they switched logos a few years back. But it was in good shape, so it couldn't have been too old

SabreEleven
01-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Don't they get clothes donated to them? I didn't know the Sabres opened a store in Puerto Rico.

JD
01-04-2004, 10:00 PM
ahahhahhaha

Donated by salvation army to places there I would imagine, not to be an ass or anything.

OpIv37
01-04-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm sure he bought it off the internet- there's no Salvation army stores in PR that I know of. And who the hell donates a new $60 hockey jersey anyway?

SabreEleven
01-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
I'm sure he bought it off the internet- there's no Salvation army stores in PR that I know of. And who the hell donates a new $60 hockey jersey anyway?

DozerDog?

Capt.Karacho
01-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Nice story, but I know what it's like to be the only one who knows and loves the Sabres here in northern Germany!
Not many NHL Fans and less Sabres fans here in Germany.
Sad but true...

SabreEleven
01-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Capt.Karacho
Nice story, but I know what it's like to be the only one who knows and loves the Sabres here in northern Germany!
Not many NHL Fans and less Sabres fans here in Germany.
Sad but true...

Capt, Are you in the military there in Germany?

Myers57
01-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Thats awesome, and if anybody throws Sabres jerseys in the Salvation Army boxes, I will be their number one customer!!!

Capt.Karacho
01-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Sabre11

Capt, Are you in the military there in Germany?

Why,SIR?:D

JD
01-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Capt. were proud to have you on the wagon, can I ask why you started to like the Sabres?

SabreEleven
01-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Why,SIR?:D

Because I'm in the military and don't call me sir, I work for a living. :snicker:

alyson
01-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I saw this young black kid in this really bad neighborhood near where I live wearing a Hasek Sabres jersey. I thought that was so funny and I tried to make my friend pull over so I could ask the kid if he knew what he was wearing, but he wouldn't pull over. I have to think that was just a fashion statement, but who knows?
The sad part about living in Baltimore is that, if you can find a hockey fan, they like Philly or the Rangers/Islanders or the Caps. Although my favorite bar is owned by a guy from Buffalo so it's always fun to hang out there during the season.

SabreEleven
01-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by alyson
I saw this young black kid in this really bad neighborhood near where I live wearing a Hasek Sabres jersey. I thought that was so funny and I tried to make my friend pull over so I could ask the kid if he knew what he was wearing, but he wouldn't pull over. I have to think that was just a fashion statement, but who knows?
The sad part about living in Baltimore is that, if you can find a hockey fan, they like Philly or the Rangers/Islanders or the Caps. Although my favorite bar is owned by a guy from Buffalo so it's always fun to hang out there during the season.

That is the kind of neighborhood you don't drive through with the windows rolled down...I can't blame your friend...

Capt.Karacho
01-05-2004, 03:34 PM

Because I'm in the military and don't call me sir, I work for a living. :snicker:

I'm sorry Sabre11, i didn't want to offend you.
I've got nothing to do with the military and I simply did not have a slight idea why you thought i would.
Oh dear..., my English is so bad..., that's why I usually do not post a lot here in the forum, but it's the only place to go if iI want to talk about the Sabres and the latest News/Impressions.
:phew:

Capt.Karacho
01-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
Capt. were proud to have you on the wagon, can I ask why you started to like the Sabres?

Well, I was always interested in hockey and especially the
NHL-Series by EASports.
The first team that caught my attention were the Oilers. Guerin, Smyth and of course Weight were my favorite players/line.
So i started to get more and more information about the team and the players, but we all know waht happend...
Guerin and Weight were traded because they wanted to earn more money, what really pissed me off :scared:
At this time the Hockey and the NHL were very important for me and I asked my friends if they could record some NHL games (Which are only shown on a paychannel early in the morning).
The next team I got into were the Sabres. I checked for News, Stats,Scores... of the Sabre and Oilers each and every day.
Brown,Barnes,Peca and SATAN were the players i really admired.
Not long ago I bought a Jersey:Satan 81 for 160 Euro(more than 160 Dollar; shipped from Canada) and became a true fan.
Furthermore I found this forum and checked the messages about the different topics to see what really happening "over there".
It's always great to check the scores when I get home from school and after that, reading your posts.
Thanks for letting me on the wagon... :fab:
I found my team!:bf1:

Myers57
01-06-2004, 10:22 AM
David Deboudt is French but he is a bigf part of the forum, feel free to post as often as you wish and believe me, your english is better than half the people here! (I shall include myself in that one)...

SabreEleven
01-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm sorry Sabre11, i didn't want to offend you.
I've got nothing to do with the military and I simply did not have a slight idea why you thought i would.
Oh dear..., my English is so bad..., that's why I usually do not post a lot here in the forum, but it's the only place to go if iI want to talk about the Sabres and the latest News/Impressions.
:phew:

I'm not offended at all. I was just joking with you. I just thought you might be in the U.S. military because you were in Germany. Your English is just fine....I couldn't even tell.

fushetti
01-06-2004, 09:53 PM
HERE WE GO SABRES, HERE WE GO. (CLAP CLAP) HERE WE GO SABRES HERE WE GO (CLAP CLAP)

I really miss the Aud. The nachos there were fantastic.

SabreEleven
01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
HERE WE GO SABRES, HERE WE GO. (CLAP CLAP) HERE WE GO SABRES HERE WE GO (CLAP CLAP)

I really miss the Aud. The nachos there were fantastic.

The Peanut guy outside the aud. 1,2,3,4,5 We want 6....:candle:

SabreEleven
01-06-2004, 10:30 PM

What I mean by this i'm an enlisted man, not an officer. Officer don't work and in our military the enlisted call officer's sir. The enlisted do all the work. Make sense.:patriot:

hurls
01-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
My wife is from Puerto Rico and we went there to visit her family for the holidays. We went to visit her uncle and cousins, who live in the mountains in the center of the island- basically the middle of nowhere.

I was surprised that one of her cousins was wearing a Sabres jersey. He's never been to Buffalo or lived in the US, so I have no idea how he even heard of the Sabres or where he got the jersey. But someone in the mountains of a tropical island 2500 miles from Buffalo roots for the Sabres.

You sure they don't have relatives here in Dunkirk?

Capt.Karacho
01-07-2004, 04:02 AM

I'm not offended at all. I was just joking with you. I just thought you might be in the U.S. military because you were in Germany. Your English is just fine....I couldn't even tell.

Thanks, Sabre11!:)
I've never been to America or Canada before, but I hope I'm able to meet some of you Guys(Especialy Bironsgirl)someday.
Maybe during this years summer holidays.
It would be grat to visit a sabres game and to meet the forum members.

fushetti
01-07-2004, 08:22 AM

The Peanut guy outside the aud. 1,2,3,4,5 We want 6....:candle:

YEAH!! The guy who used to be outside on the steps on the side near the Metro stop. I think he still sells outside the Pavilion at HSBC.

The other day we had the count going too against Washington. WE WANT 8!!!

I also really miss Milt Ellis, The Voice of the Aud. This new guy sounds like such a dork.. He was fine for the first 3 or 4 yrs he did it, now he sounds like such a cheerleader. SABRREEEEE GOALLLLL SCORREED. oh shutup and just tell me who scored please.

SabreEleven
01-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Sabre11!:)
I've never been to America or Canada before, but I hope I'm able to meet some of you Guys(Especialy Bironsgirl)someday.
Maybe during this years summer holidays.
It would be grat to visit a sabres game and to meet the forum members.

You and every other guy on this forum wants to meet her...:snicker2:

Myers57
01-07-2004, 11:38 AM
You and every other guy on this forum wants to meet her...:snicker2:

:lol:

hurls
01-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by fushetti

YEAH!! The guy who used to be outside on the steps on the side near the Metro stop. I think he still sells outside the Pavilion at HSBC.

The other day we had the count going too against Washington. WE WANT 8!!!

I also really miss Milt Ellis, The Voice of the Aud. This new guy sounds like such a dork.. He was fine for the first 3 or 4 yrs he did it, now he sounds like such a cheerleader. SABRREEEEE GOALLLLL SCORREED. oh shutup and just tell me who scored please.

I agree. I also miss the old Maple Leaf Gardens announcer. I could imitate his nasally "Toronto Maple Leaf goal, his 20th of the year, scored by #27, Darryl Sittler, assists to #2 Lee Fogolin, and #9, Lanny McDonald.