PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Prediction #1-1/5/04-Ruben Brown

Ebenezer
01-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Just going to list some of the things that might happen during the offseason...let's see what folks think...

I predict the Bills will renegotiate Ruben Brown's contract to make it a little bit more cap friendly. However, should he get cut I believe his destination will be Baltimore. Why? They have cap, his brother plays there and they have made quite a turn around from a team that was cap-decimated to a team that is on the verge of a little run.

:feedback:

casdhf
01-05-2004, 08:12 AM
He'll hang around Buffalo for 3 or 4 more years then retire.

SABURZFAN
01-05-2004, 08:21 AM
ovepaid and undeserving to be named to the Pro Bowl makes me wonder if he will renegotiate his contract.

Novacane
01-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
ovepaid and undeserving to be named to the Pro Bowl makes me wonder if he will renegotiate his contract.

He was on the radio last week and said it's not about the money "anymore" for him.

He made it sound like he would take some kind of a paycut to stay here.

Tatonka
01-05-2004, 09:06 AM
i dont know that he would go to baltimore for his brother... his brother has been cut twice already by the ravens.. it is not liek the guys job is secure there.

eyedog
01-05-2004, 09:51 AM
His status will depend on what the new coach wants. If he does stay at will be at a renegotiated number. If the new coach thinks his little outburst and disruption is not worth his talent output, then they will bite the bullet with his cap number and let him walk.

mchurchfie
01-05-2004, 11:17 AM
He will be cut and will end up in Miami with Jamie Nails and the rest of our rejects.:up:

R. Rich
01-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont know that he would go to baltimore for his brother... his brother has been cut twice already by the ravens.. it is not liek the guys job is secure there.

It may be a third time also. They are none too happy with Orlando Brown after his exploits contributed to the Ravens' loss.

Side note: after taking my wife to the Steelers-Ravens game last week and witnessing the crass way their fans behaved after the game, that Gary Anderson FG was very sweet. It couldn't have happened to a nicer group of fans.

Ebenezer
01-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Side note: after taking my wife to the Steelers-Ravens game last week and witnessing the crass way their fans behaved after the game, that Gary Anderson FG was very sweet. It couldn't have happened to a nicer group of fans.

I hate Gary Anderson...bass-tard was drafted by the Bills...shanked 5 preseason attempts because he didn't want to play here and goes on to a great career.

mchurchfie
01-05-2004, 11:38 AM
I
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I hate Gary Anderson...bass-tard was drafted by the Bills...shanked 5 preseason attempts because he didn't want to play here and goes on to a great career.

I remember that...I always think about that when the commentators are giving him all kinds of props about how great he is...they never mention that. What a loser.:down:

Ickybaluky
01-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Baltimore is set at OG. Bennie Anderson is a 3rd-year player who is a very good player for them. Edwin Mulitalo was just resigned to a long-term deal by them before this season. They like both guys and aren't likely to pay big money to replace either.

clumping platelets
01-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by NE39
Baltimore is set at OG. Bennie Anderson is a 3rd-year player who is a very good player for them. Edwin Mulitalo was just resigned to a long-term deal by them before this season. They like both guys and aren't likely to pay big money to replace either.

And the Ravens are in good cap shape to match any offer Anderson gets as a RFA.

The_Philster
01-05-2004, 04:23 PM
He'll be sticking around with a contract renogotiation of some sort, IMO.

casdhf
01-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich

It may be a third time also. They are none too happy with Orlando Brown after his exploits contributed to the Ravens' loss.

His brother is a scrub LB, not that Tackle.

The_Philster
01-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Ruben's brother Cornell starts at LOLB. He got the starting job after Jamie Sharper went to Houston.

mchurchfie
01-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Ruben's brother Cornell starts at LOLB. He got the starting job after Jamie Sharper went to Houston.

How many times per game does he jump offsides..just curious??:huh:

Ickybaluky
01-05-2004, 08:54 PM
I could see Brown taking a cut and staying, because he legitimately wants to stay in Buffalo.

Fred Smerlas (yeah, I know, consider the source) said on WEEI in Boston that Brown told him that Tom Donohoe is trying to set him up to cut him or force him into a big paycut. He says Brown believes the team set up him to take a lot of bad press based on his missing the last game. He says Brown believes he should have been fined (he was late early in the week), but the team told him to take the rest of the week off and then set him up to look like a quitter. He thinks the whole thing was orchestrated.

Fred went on to say he tried to get Brown to come on his radio show in Buffalo (he does a show out there?) and talk about it, but Brown didn't want to stir the pot because he thinks he would only come out looking bad.

I know Fred is something of a goofball, so don't kill the messenger, but I figured I'd pass that along.

socalfan
01-05-2004, 10:45 PM
TD comes off like a humble servant except on those occassions that he bares his teeth....."save the Postage"...."I'm embarassed by...."

GW's goodbye speech makes him look like a great guy to hire 'cause he won't casue you any problems when you fire him...."I'd like to thank..."....."and I'd like to thank"....."and I'd like to thank"....

All this makes me think that One Bills Drive has become way too political and that Brown could very well be getting the shaft on this one.

SABURZFAN
01-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

He was on the radio last week and said it's not about the money "anymore" for him.

He made it sound like he would take some kind of a paycut to stay here.

we'll see.