PDA

View Full Version : Weekly report on section 122

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 12:24 PM
I would have to say that this was the rowdiest weeks to date. One of my 3 buddies I go with was thrown out of the game for spilling a beer all over a security guard(by accident) I passed out for 10 minute span, and Phil and the helmet guy had everyone touching their helmuts as usual!! GOOD WORK BOYS!:drunks:

Novacane
10-07-2002, 12:30 PM
You did'nt steal any more kegs from Wegmans this week did you?

:tongue:

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 12:31 PM
nope I am no longer in charge of getting the beer LOL!!!!

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 12:47 PM
LMAO!!!

Patrick76777
10-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Dude, who was the giant Neanderthal looking man who stood up for the whole game? He was crazy looking!

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Oh the dude with the buffalo horned hat?? I don't know I was sitting by him for awhile! I have only sat in my seat for like 10 mins so far this season!

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Thurm how far from the staduim do you live?

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Um about 20 mins. I live in Amherst which is north of the stadium.

Patrick76777
10-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Yes.....that dude was crazy.......i was too far away to tell for sure but it looked like the people behind him were too afraid to tell him to sit down

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Um about 20 mins. I live in Amherst which is north of the stadium.

lucky bum!...hehehe....thats not bad at all...I dont even know how many days Im far away from Pro Player....but When they visit Oakland or Frisco then I have to make a 2 hour drive.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Thats cool man. Have you ever been to Miami to see a game??

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 01:31 PM
I actually sit directly behind him or Phil does at least!!! He really didnt' bother me but I was pretty messed up!!! He doesn't seem to be that crazy though.

WCoastFin
10-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Thats cool man. Have you ever been to Miami to see a game??

no :( its so sad ....but I look foward to seeing them for the first time this season :D Im supposed to go when they play the raiders...but Ive been to about 6 away games all in both Frisco and Oakland.....:D and I hope to see them in San Diego also this year;)

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 02:10 PM
It is always best to see your team at their home stadium!!!

JefftheBillsfan
10-07-2002, 02:10 PM
make sure the raiders freaks don't piss on you...that would suck

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey Phil I talked to that dude who was giving you problems and asked him why he was being like that and he said he was just drunk and I told him we were all Bills fans and he seemed to agree. Was he still being crazy?

The_Philster
10-07-2002, 03:37 PM
If you're talking about Bernie, he was cool yesterday....he was giving helmetguy most of the problems last week. I had a talk with him at the last preseason game.....I think his buddies will have to switch him to O'Douls. ;)

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah PHIL!!!!

Creemoredrinker
10-07-2002, 04:24 PM
...4 rows up. I had a sign that I put up when the play was close to our end, but kept it down otherwise. I was there with 3 friends from Canada, SabreAlly and Mikey in Wys' seats. There were a group of season ticket holders behind us in two rows. one of the guys (all in their early 20's) was soooo drunk. I'm 6'2" and 40 years old. Although the guy behind us appeared to be a Bills fan, he was angry at me and all around him. I had words with him a few times.

When the Bills had a huge offensive play in the second quarter, I stood up like everyone else and cheered. The drunk grabbed me by the shirt collar and pulled me back breaking my necklace. I stood up and was on my way to climbing two rows back to kills him and my friends said don't bother he will get thrown out. Well, security threw me out despite one of my friends coming to my defense and some nice older lady who I do NOT know (thank you mame) coming up the stairs to tell security they have the wrong man and that it was in fact the guys behind me.

Security, unfortunately threw out the wrong guy and was incapable of listening. They said well we are NOT sure, but it is easier to throw you out. I will deal with management on that issue.

Apparently, the drunk was thrown out before the second quarter was over.

To the young security guard who pushed me a little too aggressively and acted so smug, I would be willing to meet you any where and anytime one-on-one to "discuss" your treatment of me. If I was resisting in any way, I would have deserved that treatment, but I did not.

To the drunk who caused this problem, I know where you sit for every game and I assure you that there will be a just end to this saga.

To my friends including Sabre Ally and Mikey, I'm sorry I was NOT there all game with you. I saw the game at a bar across from the parking lot.

To the nice lady who came to my defense, thank you very much. I wish more people in society would get involved like you did yesterday.

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Yeah my friend got thrown out cuz someone bumbed him from behind and caused him to spill a beer on a security guard. that sucked!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Phil can you believe my buddy got thrown out?

Earthquake Enyart
10-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Broke your necklace? Did you break a nail too?

The_Philster
10-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Phil can you believe my buddy got thrown out?

No....your group is pretty good in our section....you remember which security guard it was? Thomas I know is up next to the luxury box but Kelly (big black man) and Michael are down in the section...if it had been either of them, your buddy might have been able to just let them know he knew me and helmetguy and apologize

Creemoredrinker
10-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Broke your necklace? Did you break a nail too?

...a tree limp in your a**?

It was my pen on a rope that has the bubble maker on it. The girls at Sundowners like me to blow bubbles when I am lying on my back on stage waiting for them to take my five dollar bill from my mouth with their t*ts.

Does that help you visualize the situation more or would you like my description of the tree limp I will be using on/in you?:punch:

Michael82
10-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

It was my pen on a rope that has the bubble maker on it. The girls at Sundowners like me to blow bubbles when I am lying on my back on stage waiting for them to take my five dollar bill from my mouth with their t*ts.

Does that help you visualize the situation more or would you like my description of the tree limp I will be using on/in you?:punch:

So, that is what? $1.50 American? :lol:

Sabre Ally
10-08-2002, 02:29 AM
Geez, now see? I didn't get to see the bubbles getting blown when we were at Sundowners after the game. :sadwalk:

BTW, how do you blow bubbles when you have money in your mouth? You can't do both at once, eh? :rofl:

doug45
10-08-2002, 06:40 AM
I thought you guys got season tickets so you could watch the Bills? If you are drinking so much you are passing out you are better off watching the game at home and saving the money. I guess I am one of the few that comes to see Football and not to just get drunk every game. How do you guys drive home after drinking?

I have a lot of friends that don't come to games anymore because they will not bring thier families and subject them to all the drunks.

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker

Seems pretty limp to me.

Herdwatcher
10-08-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Geez, now see? I didn't get to see bubbles getting blown when we were at Sundowners after the game. :sadwalk:

BTW, how do you blow bubbles when you have money in your mouth? You can't do both at once, eh? :rofl:

Michael Jackson started bringing his monkey on tour with him eh?
Why not, I'm sure they worked on the routine back at never never land. Or what ever it's called.

10-08-2002, 07:22 AM
looks like you are a marked man. Security probably didn't want to look like they made an error thus toss, toss

I had a great game. The only bad part was the loss.:party:

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Sorry Doug I guess I will no longer drink anymore so 4 year olds can come to the game. Ask Phil I am not an angry young man just an intoxicated happy Bills fan.

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 09:32 AM
Cmon, TT. It's one thing to be drunk. It's another to be an a$$hole. You can be one without being the other.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2002, 09:45 AM
I agree EE!!! I am always in a good mood!!! So I am not a A hole!!

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Geez, now see? I didn't get to see the bubbles getting blown when we were at Sundowners after the game. :sadwalk:

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:49 AM
Sorry Doug I guess I will no longer drink anymore so 4 year olds can come to the game. Ask Phil I am not an angry young man just an intoxicated happy Bills fan.

Perhaps we can sit together and hold hands while humming religous hymes. What a party!

:shake:

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Cmon, TT. It's one thing to be drunk. It's another to be an a$$hole. You can be one without being the other.

:10:

Valerie
10-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart Cmon, TT. It's one thing to be drunk. It's another to be an a$$hole. You can be one without being the other.
But some people are just naturally @ssholes, with loud, obnoxious mouths and egos. Sad but true.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Yeah Creem I will save you a seat for next game!!! Seriously though The guy behind you sounds like an a hole!

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 09:53 AM
What's a hyme?

doug45
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM

Exactly!!!!!! And if the only way someone can enjoy a game is to be drunk and rude, that is another problem all together.

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Yeah Creem I will save you a seat for next game!!! Seriously though The guy behind you sounds like an a hole!

They were Wys season ticket seats and the drunk is a season ticket holder. So I'm I. It will be taken care of before the end of this season.

:bones:

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by doug45

Exactly!!!!!! And if the only way someone can enjoy a game is to be drunk and rude, that is another problem all together.

:calm:

Is that allowed? I was neither drunk or rude. I did call the sideline reporter for CBS who was trying to talk in our end zone -- fool -- a "beautiful black man". Rude? I don't think so. Loud? Definitely. Does the above distinction involve too much thinking for the average Bills fan or security?

:patriot:

Dozerdog
10-08-2002, 10:01 AM
Creem- that block of tickets are a part of mine as well , Wys and I share them. I know the people ypou are reffering to. The simplest thing would have been to get up, walk to the usher, and point it out.

My wife and I brought a 6 yrear old nephew to ther Bears game and the Aholes behind us (who were aholes during the Jets game as well, )were up to their usual obnoxious selves. My wife pointed them out before the game started to the ushers, and they said they would keep an eye on them. They lasted 5 minutes before getting tossed.

Are you sure you were completely innocent? You didn't shove back? You didn't yell obscenities?

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Creem- that block of tickets are a part of mine as well , Wys and I share them. I know the people ypou are reffering to. The simplest thing would have been to get up, walk to the usher, and point it out.

My wife and I brought a 6 yrear old nephew to ther Bears game and the Aholes behind us (who were aholes during the Jets game as well, )were up to their usual obnoxious selves. My wife pointed them out before the game started to the ushers, and they said they would keep an eye on them. They lasted 5 minutes before getting tossed.

Are you sure you were completely innocent? You didn't shove back? You didn't yell obscenities?

He was two rows back. All I did was get up and put one foot on my seat to go back there and get him before my friends pulled me down. I never shouted obscenities, but I did tell the drunk to sit down and shut up before the shirt pulling incident.

I agree I should have told the ushers earlier, but I did nOT expect anyone to grab th eback of my shirt and pull me. Where I sit in 335, this ***** does NOT happen.

No, I think a beating is in order.

:bones:

doug45
10-08-2002, 10:08 AM

Dozer, you handled that perfectly. No one should be able to ruin another fans time at the game.

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 10:10 AM

Dozer, you handled that perfectly. No one should be able to ruin another fans time at the game.

casdhf
10-08-2002, 10:13 AM

I bet by reporting to the usher, Dozer ruined the drunk's time :D

doug45
10-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

I bet by reporting to the usher, Dozer ruined the drunk's time :D

But he was so drunk he will not remember, so he didn't miss anything.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2002, 10:45 AM
We are all family in section 122!!! :drunks:

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey I totally agree that if people are being jerks and beligerent to throw them out!! I am just saying that if I would like to be intoxicated and cheer very loudly for my team it is my right. If I am bothering people around me they can just tell me and I will chill out! If I want to take a nap in the stands during halftime that is my choice also!!! LOL

Earthquake Enyart
10-08-2002, 11:17 AM
I don't know if I'd be sleeping in that crowd. Who knows what might happen.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2002, 11:22 AM
I wasn't sleeping I was just resting my eyes!

Creemoredrinker
10-08-2002, 01:17 PM
Hey I totally agree that if people are being jerks and beligerent to throw them out!! I am just saying that if I would like to be intoxicated and cheer very loudly for my team it is my right.....LOL

:usa:

Sabre Ally
10-09-2002, 02:38 AM
You didn't shove back? You didn't yell obscenities?

No, he didn't.

Sabre Ally
10-09-2002, 02:41 AM
We are all family in section 122!!! :drunks:

Does that include Bernie? :D

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 08:41 AM
not if he is being mean alley!

Crinoline
10-09-2002, 01:14 PM
What a co-inky-dink. I was sitting in section 122 for the game and did indeed touch helmet-guy's helmet for luck (That doesn't sound quite right). I was a few rows in front of a REAL rowdy Raiders fan who kept yelling things like 'bring back Kelly' and 'Bledsoe's done!'.

I was also near that female Raider fan who was thrown out for mooning the crowd.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 01:23 PM
I must have been in front of those dudes!

WG
10-09-2002, 01:52 PM
"My wife and I brought a 6 yrear old nephew to ther Bears game and the Aholes behind us (who were aholes during the Jets game as well, )were up to their usual obnoxious selves. My wife pointed them out before the game started to the ushers, and they said they would keep an eye on them. They lasted 5 minutes before getting tossed."

Thanks for the heads-up y'all! I'll keep an eye on it when I'm there. If this continues, then I will write a letter to stadium security, the ticket office, and copy the front office as well.

I have little patience for that type of stuff. It usually occurs in the opposite endzone which is not primarily season tickets.

I have issues w/ the security however. You must first realize that they are in general not intelligent people. They are not cops, they are paid security, presumably w/ only nominal training. They usually need lots of backup to handle even the most nominal of situations.

About 10 years ago at a Monday Night Game, I had a horrendous experience w/ them. There were some guys there, ie. scalpers from Detroit who for some reason came to Buffalo simply to sell tix. They weren't from Buffalo, but from Detroit. Well, they were tripping some of the girls we were sitting w/ as they went up and down the stairs and causing other problems in the upper deck.

At one point all 8 of them came over to near where we were sitting for some reason and started threatening us. Something related to the girls and something that some guys we were with yelled over to them or something like that. Well, one thing led to another. One of the guys in our group of like 40, pushed the main "mouth" down the seats in front of us. One of them then started to make motions as if he was grabbing a gun out of his jacket and 2 or 3 people yelled "he's got a gun." We couldn't tell, but he kept his hand in his pocket as if he did and was going to pull it out.

All of a sudden about 10 rows cleared out around us. Security finally came up while the scuffle continued. Me and my buddy told this stiff that if he had a gun to take it out and use it or get his hand out of his pocket. He didn't do either. He was right in front of me and I can honestly tell you that if he had shown me a gun, he wouldn't have left the stadium alive or at least not consciously!! Truly. The two of us were poised to swallow this guy who was right in front of us.

In any case, when security arrived, many people told them that these guys had a gun! What was their solution?

They sent them back to their seats! We had our eyes on them for the rest of the game and I went down to talk to the police who said "they'd 'keep an eye on it!' "

Can you believe that B.S.???

After the game, I went down to the police office in the bottom of the stadium and shouted to the entire room which had probably 20 or 30 police officers in it that if they EVER did that again, and not at least checked whether or not it was true when someone threatens to not only have, but use a gun at the stadium, then I would start bringing mine to games as well if that was my only measure of protection. Not one of them said a word. They just looked at me after I totally raged about the incompetence of the security guards and the police following. Some Troopers were there as well.

Bottom line: The security guys are idiots who don't care. They act first and think secondly. I could not believe, and to this day, cannot believe that that entire thing actually happened. Only security, three of them, came up. No police.

But their solution when there was reason to believe that one of those guys had a gun was to "send them back to their seats." The did remove one or two of them, but the other 6 went back, the guy who threatened the gun among them. They didn't even check him or even ask him if he in fact had a gun!

Unbelieveable!

So don't trust the security guards. For serious stuff, go see the police. They're scattered around and if you ask the SGs, they should know where the closest one is.

I will pay particular attention when I'm at the Pats and Phins game. If those guys behind our seats cause a rucus, then I will let the police at the top know and make it clear to them, as I always do, that they've been warned and that I will no allow myself to be manhandled, nor my wife or my friends, and that if given this info, something happens and they do not handle it when it's appropriate, then I will be happy to take care of it myself. They don't want that to happen.

Rule of thumb: Avoid fights and melees at ALL costs. Run if necessary. It's not worth pride. But when it's clear that you have no choice, end it quickly! VERY quickly. If it goes beyond 5 seconds, it's too long. 7 or 8 and it's a fight. Those aren't good.

But people, drunk or sober, who cannot behave themselves in a civil fashion at games, have no business being there. If the drinking is the problem, then they shouldn't be drinking.

Anyway, just don't trust those guards. Go higher whenever possible.

WG
10-09-2002, 01:52 PM
To this day I'm still a bit miffed over that MNF situation btw.

It certainly hasn't given me any reason to be confident the way that security handles serious situations there.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Now I need to bring my gat to games?

WG
10-09-2002, 02:13 PM
I'll tell you what, if something like that EVER happened again, I certainly would.

I'll trust my security to others as long as they prove that they are up to the task. Otherwise I'll handle it myself. I would offer that advice to everyone across the country.

THATHURMANATOR
10-09-2002, 02:21 PM
That was pretty bad man! You should have beat his ass!

Creemoredrinker
10-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
...I have issues w/ the security however. You must first realize that they are in general not intelligent people. They are not cops, they are paid security, presumably w/ only nominal training. They usually need lots of backup to handle even the most nominal of situations.....
Anyway, just don't trust those guards. Go higher whenever possible.

:injured:

The_Philster
10-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
To this day I'm still a bit miffed over that MNF situation btw.

It certainly hasn't given me any reason to be confident the way that security handles serious situations there.

That section does seem to have its share of problems. Except for this past Sunday, our side of the tunnel is usually pretty good. Michael, Kelly, Thomas, and the rest of the security team there keep a pretty sharp eye on things. Kelly stepped right in after Bernie started trouble with helmetguy last week.

WG
10-09-2002, 08:28 PM
Philster,

What I was referencing was about a MNF game a decade ago. Not even sure what year. I think it was a Cincy game, but I'm not even sure.

I've not had any troubles in our section, 123. But I've only been there for one PS game so far this year due to my knee injury. The guys behind us could be new ST holders. I don't remember any issues last year.

I'll have my eye on the situation at the Pats game.

The_Philster
10-10-2002, 03:12 AM
Well, I can only say that I know our security guards usually get called away at times to go reinforce other sections when there are problems....I've seen stuff happen on the other side f you guys back towards the corner of the end zone. Must be Elvis' influence. :D