What's your story? How did you become a Sabres' Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

What's your story? How did you become a Sabres' Fan?

MY STORY:
    Well let's see here, I was born and raised in Buffalo. I attended my first game at 7 months with my parents who are also big fans.

For some reason I used to love the old goal horn at the aud, being that young and all Im surprised it didnt scare me. So for me I guess I just got hooked to the team. I've been a fan my whole life, really never followed any other team like I do the Sabres. Usually I try to attend at least 4-8 games a year.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I was born in Buffalo, there really is no story I always rooted for the home teams no matter how badly they sucked.

Comment

• alyson
      Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!!
      • Sep 2003

It's trying to be a Sabres or Bills fan, isn't it? I STILL have people say to me "Wide right" when they mention the Bills' four Super Bowl losses! However, isn't it just an accomplishment that they got there four times?
      I have become an adopted Ravens fan. They are really fun to watch, and they get really involved in the community and with the fans, so it's really fun to root for them. I was crushed after their loss on Saturday. I have no interest in football anymore this season!
      I am a Sabres fan through and through, obviously because I'm from Rochester, but I also just really like watching them. I do like other teams (Canucks, St. Louis, whoever is playing against the Devils in the Stanley Cup!) but never as much as the Sabres.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

I lost a bet.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

I was 7...I was introduced to hockey in 1972 by my grandfather (canadian)...he was trying to watch the Canada Cup series on a 10" B&W television with no attenna...Later that year the Sabres made the playoffs...the rest is history.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• fushetti
            President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by alyson
            It's trying to be a Sabres or Bills fan, isn't it? I STILL have people say to me "Wide right" when they mention the Bills' four Super Bowl losses! However, isn't it just an accomplishment that they got there four times?
            I live in Albany now, and at a Dave Matthews concert in Saratoga Springs this past summer I was wearing a Bills hat.. This kid who we were playing beer pong with kept calling me Norwood all day. It got old fast. hehe
            "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
            Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

Was Born in Washington State... Got Flown From the Birth Canal to Niagra Falls, well i guess i few side trips from the Canal to the Chopper (UH-1 Huey).

Spent 5 years there..
              then Parents Got Re-Assigned to NAS Oceana In Virginia Beach,

watched The Sabres On TV, or Listened for a few on the net (after it became availible)

went to a few games in 1998/99 when i went up to look at colleges (my Freshmen year of H.S.)

Went to 2 games this past week.

Not to Mention "Biron's Girl"
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Makaveli
                #1 Noronen-Satan Fan
                • Sep 2003

well for much of my life i was never really into hockey at all, the only times i would watch a game was when i was at a friends house, these were the days when i had no idea about anything so I liked the Ducks, probably because they had a cool logo and because of the movies i guess yea so after renting video games i got to learn names like Kariya and Hebert, in 2000 I bought my first PC game, NHL 2001, this is where my obsession and knowledge of hockey began! aaaand well this is totaly off topic, and although i really don't remember why i started to like the Sabres, they seemed to be my favorite team since then, I think it's because Hasek was one of my favorite goalies always so I got to know the team!

Comment

• Capt.Karacho
                  • Jan 2003

I allready posted this at another thread, but it's all about my way becoming a NHL and Sabres fan.
                  Well, I was always a bit interested in hockey and especially the
                  NHL-Series by EASports.
                  The first team that caught my attention were the Oilers. Guerin, Smyth and of course Weight were my favorite players/line.
                  So i started to get more and more information about the team and the players, but we all know waht happend...
                  Guerin and Weight were traded because they wanted to earn more money, what really pissed me off
                  At this time the Hockey and the NHL were very important for me and I asked my friends if they could record some NHL games (Which are only shown on a paychannel early in the morning).
                  The next team I got into were the Sabres. I checked for News, Stats,Scores... of the Sabre and Oilers each and every day.
                  Brown,Barnes,Peca and SATAN were the players i really admired.
                  Not long ago I bought a Jersey:Satan 81 for 160 Euro(more than 160 Dollar; shipped from Canada) and became a true fan.
                  Furthermore I found this forum and checked the messages about the different topics to see what really happening "over there".
                  It's always great to check the scores when I get home from school and after that, reading your posts.
                  Thanks for letting me on the wagon...
                  I found my team!

Comment

• Myers57
                    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                    • Sep 2003

One sunday afternoon 4 or 5 years ago I turned on the radio and heard Rick yelling SCCCCCCCCCCOOOOORRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I was immediately addicted and followed the Sabres ever since. We didn't have satellite or cable at the time so I could never watch the games but when the Sabres went to the Stanley Cup I was on our 6th Grade Whale Watch trip in Boston MA and I was able to watch the game in my hotel room...

It was the most exciting thing ever. Finally we got DirecTV in 2001 and my entrance into the coolest game on earth began...

GO SABRES!!!

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                      • Feb 2003

I was born.
                      "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                      We are the Rockpile
                      We are the Rockpile
                      BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                        Not to Mention "Biron's Girl"
                        Yup, that would make a guy a fan!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

Ahahahha AGREED!
                          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• fushetti
                            President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                            • Feb 2003

i haven't scoped out Birons Girl yet. links anyone?
                            "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                            Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Makaveli
                              #1 Noronen-Satan Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X