PDA

View Full Version : I feel a draft coming !!

Bmax
01-05-2004, 05:10 PM
After watching countless bowl games here are my thoughts ...

The bills pick 13 and their chances of picking up a quality player in april have improved dramaticly with the recent entry of several high impact jr's

Ok Bills fans forget about the following players unless we trade up in the draft

1. eli manning
2. b. rothesberger
3. roy williams
4. k. winslow
5. sean taylor
6. r galley-t iowa

Guys who may be their w. smith de ohio st, r. williams -wr washington-6-4 225 big strong guy who catches everything ...r. woods -eric moulds clone...great hands great cotton ball game
chris gamble -cb ohio st yes another buckeye corner he also returns punts and kicks needs seasoning will be on board until pick 20...

Lee evans wr- wisc. great hands good routes-4.4 guy not sure where he will be could go from 15-25........

Guys who looked good in bowls
1. josh harris -qb senoir bowl will determine if he is a 2nd or 5th round pick.
2. marcus spears -wow big strong jr 6-4-295 great athlete who is better than ryan denney right now ...but will he come out this year..
3.kenechi udeze--USC-WoW.......THIS ALL AMERICAN CAN PLAY-He has all the tools big 6-4-285 strong and quick pass rusher who had 3 sacks against michigan.....only a jr will he enter the weak de draft likely a top 15 pick maybe top 10 his entry would move down smith to land may at pick 13.....

Nick lecey-c kansas st....probaly a 1st rounder could be their in round two for buffalo..

Phillip rivers -big side armer has started for four years and is a proven winner....if delivery could be ajusted may be a early 2nd rounder worth looking at...

casey clausen tenn-qb 6-3-230- four yr starter ....3rd to 5th round pick who needs good senior bowl week to move up in draft.

These are early observations.. the bowls and combine will start to show who the top 15 really are....

BMAX.......

ArcticWildMan
01-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Not another CB with the first pick, please. :(

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Not another CB with the first pick, please. :(

Nate Clements has seemed to workout and we moved down to get him too.

Jeff1220
01-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Why is delivery such an issue with pro teams (Rivers)? The way I see it is, if it gets the job done, then fine. If it gets the job done well, then awesome.

nolimit
01-05-2004, 06:18 PM
spears intrigued me last night! anyone know where he is projected to go?

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

Is he a Senior?

cordog
01-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I think Spears will be a 1st Rounder. Im really pulling for him, I also wouldnt mind seeing udeze. Is Fitzgerald gonna be grated permission to go in the draft? If so a guy lik Roy Williams might fall into our lap

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Spears is a JR. and not sure if he declared for the draft or not.

ArcticWildMan
01-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Fitzgerald will most likely be allowed to enter the draft. That is gonna help us a lot by bumping everybody down the board one slot :D

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Fitzgerald will most likely be allowed to enter the draft. That is gonna help us a lot :D

We need all the help we can get!:pray:

Tatonka
01-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Why is delivery such an issue with pro teams (Rivers)? The way I see it is, if it gets the job done, then fine. If it gets the job done well, then awesome.

you know..i wondered the same thing... why the hell do i care if he throws a bit side armed???? if the ball gets in the receivers hands then it is good right? he has great accuracy... and he has great size at 6-4.. screw what the "experts" say.

Originally posted by nolimit

he has not declared yet. junior. one great game doesnt make him a stud though.. imho.. a first rounder on him is way too much imho.. second or third rounder tops.

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 07:49 PM
you know..i wondered the same thing... why the hell do i care if he throws a bit side armed???? if the ball gets in the receivers hands then it is good right? he has great accuracy... and he has great size at 6-4.. screw what the "experts" say

:up:

Mud
01-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Who do you guys want? Winslow? The thug? If you can get him to control his attitude and not end up drinking or smoking pot, he could be nice.

That is, of course, if Winslow miraculously breaks the Top 10 which isn't going to happen imo.

Mud
01-05-2004, 07:51 PM
I agree, if the Dolphins have him on the board in the 3rd (really stretching), Dolphins should draft him.

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Mud
Who do you guys want? Winslow? The thug? If you can get him to control his attitude and not end up drinking or smoking pot, he could be nice.

That is, of course, if Winslow miraculously breaks the Top 10 which isn't going to happen imo.

Who's the next Eddie Moore for you guys?:ebenezer: :drunked:

Mud
01-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Dude, that's not funny. Laughing at a player's injury. That guy was going to replace Seau next year when he retires.

I'm playin' along of course.:bart:
I may be a Nole, and I'm not denying he's going to be good, but the guy needs some help. The solider crap, the hitting he does, it's all wrong. NCAA lets players get away with things, but it won't work in the NFL. If he cleans up his act, he'll be a great TE for you.

The Spaz
01-05-2004, 07:58 PM
I wasn't laughing at his injury just that this guys name came out of nowhere. I guess I wouldn't mind Winslow as long as he puts up and is productive.

Bmax
01-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Scouts are concerned about rivers delivery because it makes 6-0 in stead of 6-4........passes are easier to block at the line of scrimmage.....also sammie parker had a great game for oregon 16 receptions 5-11- 180- keep a eye on him for 3-5 th round wr ...

HenryRules
01-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Mud

I don't want him to fix his attitude - I think that's part of what makes him great.

Look, the guys an arrogant, self-centered jackass half the time ... guess what, so were/are Michael Jordon, Larry Bird, Joe Montana, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice, etc.

Greatness takes ego and attitude, and we really need a lot more greatness on this time.

R. Rich
01-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
Ok Bills fans forget about the following players unless we trade up in the draft

5. sean taylor

Guys who may be their w. smith de ohio st, r. williams -wr washington-6-4 225 big strong guy who catches everything ...r. woods -eric moulds clone...great hands great cotton ball game
chris gamble -cb ohio st yes another buckeye corner he also returns punts and kicks needs seasoning will be on board until pick 20...

Lee evans wr- wisc. great hands good routes-4.4 guy not sure where he will be could go from 15-25........

Guys who looked good in bowls
3.kenechi udeze--USC-WoW.......THIS ALL AMERICAN CAN PLAY-He has all the tools big 6-4-285 strong and quick pass rusher who had 3 sacks against michigan.....only a jr will he enter the weak de draft likely a top 15 pick maybe top 10 his entry would move down smith to land may at pick 13.....

Nick lecey-c kansas st....probaly a 1st rounder could be their in round two for buffalo..

Phillip rivers -big side armer has started for four years and is a proven winner....if delivery could be ajusted may be a early 2nd rounder worth looking at...

casey clausen tenn-qb 6-3-230- four yr starter ....3rd to 5th round pick who needs good senior bowl week to move up in draft.

These are early observations.. the bowls and combine will start to show who the top 15 really are....

BMAX.......

If I could have my way (and I know I can't), I would do what it takes to trade up to draft Sean Taylor. He's arguably the best athlete in the entire draft (The Huddle Report referred to him as "the Michael Vick of defense") and would help in one of the two glaring weaknesses with this team-turnovers (the other, of course, being lack of a pass rush). I would be ecstatic if we traded up for him, but I don't hold out much hope of this.

I do NOT want to see the Bills draft Will Smith, who I feel is more of a LB in the Terrell Suggs/Peter Boulware mold. We're set at LB; we don't need another one.

None of the top WRs, except for Fitzgerald, who will probably go 2nd overall, excite me that much. We can do just as good as any of the others in free agency, and if we do nab a WR, I'd hope that's what we do. If not a free agent, then look for a guy in the later rounds, like Michael Jenkins of Ohio State or Darius Watts of Marshall (who has been projected to be taken by the Bills in some mock drafts).

Udeze is a very good young player and if the Bills decide to use the 13th pick on him, I'd be happy. He gives you a big, tough pass rusher who can also give us run support on the outside, which we do not have now. I had hoped that if we were to draft Udeze, we'd trade down and acquire an additional 2nd round pick. With the outstanding finish he had to the season (including 3 sacks in the Rose Bowl), that's probably not an option. Plus, he still has the combine to further impress the scouts.

I really hope we're not thinking of drafting a center with our first round pick! That would be grossly overpaying for one. Leckey is a good prospect, but we can use free agency to get a very good center also. Guys like Mike Flynn, Gennaro DiNapoli, Jason Starkey, Cory Withrow, and Brock Guiterrez would upgrade the position and not bankrupt the team. Plus, unlike Damien Woody, there's no lingering injury questions.

Rivers would be a nice choice if available in either the 2nd or 3rd round. I like him and would be happy to see him drafted by the Bills.

As for Clausen? No thanks. He had a horrible performance in the East-West Shrine game, where he looked totally clueless. The guys get bigger and faster in the pros; if he couldn't handle that game, what will he do at the next level?

Bmax
01-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Smith is no lb ....the is a de all the way.... We we need and want is a outside speed rusher who disruptas the backfield ... And smith can do that.... At 6-3.5 and 255 he is a smaller de but he well capeable of being a situational pass rusher his first year...

Plus remember freeney from indy weighed only 250 when drafted his stats 24 sacks in two seasons.

Speed on the edge is where the game is at now...

Bmax

The_Philster
01-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Freeney plays RDE, though. We already have a productive Aaron Schobel at that spot. The LDE is usually expected to be pretty stout against the run as well as be a decent pass rusher. That usually requires someone in the 270-280 range at least.