X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Weis Impresses Donahoe.

Well, it looks like somebody stepped up and his stock is on the rise, so much so that ESPN Mortensen has Charlie Weis as a favorite to win the Bills job.

Boston Globe reports: 'According to a source familiar with the talks, Weis's interview with Bills president and general manager Tom Donahoe in the Boston area was a smashing success. Weis was described as "very impressive" and "well-prepared." Weis obviously has knowledge of Donahoe's biggest problem: how to fix the offense and quarterback Drew Bledsoe.'

Weis Impresses
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Yeah I posted this story around 7:30 this morning and just got put up. I like Weiss as well.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I like Weiss as a candidate-

The only thing that concerns me was the whole stomach staple incident.

Like Parcells- he's a fat bastard. He decided 2 seasons ago that if he was to be taken seriously for a head coaching job- the appearance of being a fat slob might interfere. Owners might come to the conclusion that if he had no discipline regarding his weight it might make him look like he can't be disciplined enough to run a team.

Well, the surgery to staple his stomach went horribly wrong and it nearly killed him.

I'm concerned about that thought process. Football wise, X's and O's - he's a great choice. He makes up for the lack of HC experience with 20 plus seasons on Parcell's staffs. Many consider him Parcells- light (bad pun intended)

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

This sounds eerily similar to Donahoe's interview with GW three years ago.

"According to a source familiar with the talks, Weis's interview with Bills president and general manager Tom Donahoe in the Boston area was a smashing success. Weis was described as "very impressive" and "well-prepared."
        Last edited by mchurchfie; 01-05-2004, 06:37 PM.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
          Let's Go Buffalo!
          • Mar 2003

Well If he is chosen as head coach, than great I hope TD made the right choice. But, we all know what happened last time a coordinator came in well prepared and impressed donahoe.

Comment

• cordog
            eat, drink, and be merry
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            Yes it does but the difference is GW was only a good interviewer, Weis is gonna be a hell of a coach.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Man- no slack for TD.

Bellicheck, Reid, Fisher, Fox, Marvin Lewis, Brian Billick, ...the list is endless of successful coordinators turned coach. Geesh- no one is allowed a mulligan?

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Yeah TD has to say "well all the candidates we have interviewed so far suck and are underprepared".

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Would everyone feel better if a guy arrived late for the interview, disheveled, confused, and unorganized? Mikey90210 in headphones on the sidelines is a nightmare I don't want to live.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie

"According to a source familiar with the talks, Weis's interview with Bills president and general manager Tom Donahoe in the Boston area was a smashing success. Weis was described as "very impressive" and "well-prepared."
                    OMG, my same thoughts! AHHHHH!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Me neither.

Comment

• baalworship
                        • May 2003

The stomach stapling story actually made me like the guy. Here's a guy that understood that owners want a coach that "looks the part". He wants to be the head coach so bad he almost killed himself. And this is bad how?!

Plus, I like the story of how he got his first job. As a high school coach he just went up to Parcells and said, "I can help you." Having served as o-coordinator for both Parcells and Belichick means this guy ain't a dummy. Neither of those coaches keep losers around. This guy is hungry and I think he has a good chance to play chess with Belichick.
                        Last edited by baalworship; 01-05-2004, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• cordog
                          eat, drink, and be merry
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          Man- no slack for TD.

Bellicheck, Reid, Fisher, Fox, Marvin Lewis, Brian Billick, ...the list is endless of successful coordinators turned coach. Geesh- no one is allowed a mulligan?
                          Exactly. I think HC experience is somewhat overrated. Look what Lewis did his first year, Callahan went to a SB. Fassel made it to the playoffs his first year. If the next coach doesnt have any experience doesnt mean we're gonna go 4-12

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by baalworship
                            The stomach stapling story actually made me like the guy. Here's a guy that understood that owners want a caoch that "looks the part". He wants to be the head coach so bad he almost killed himself. And this is bad how?!

Plus, I like the story of how he got his first job. As a high school coach he just went up to Parcells and said, "I can help you." Having served as o-coordinator for both Parcells and Belichick means this guy ain't a dummy. Neither of those coaches keep losers around. This guy is hungry and I think he has a good chance to play chess with Belichick.
                            I mean i know we hate th Pats, but you gotta love his offensive gameplans. He works to the strenghts on Brady and also covers up his weaknesses. This team is 14-2 and has no ***** running game!!!! He is a offensive mastermind that can turn the team and the O around

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X