PDA

View Full Version : Trading Up In The Draft

R. Rich
01-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Anyone think it's likely this year? If so, who would you like to see the Bills trade up for? Manning? Roethlisberger? Gallery? Taylor? Wilfork? Fitzgerald? How 'bout it, people?

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 09:47 AM
I not sure if it is likely but if we do it better be for Manning or "Big Ben" or even Taylor!

Novacane
01-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Only if TD is absolutely sold on EM or BR as can't miss franchise QB's

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 10:43 AM
if he trades up for anyone other than taylor, i will kick him in the nuts.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
but if he actually traded up for taylor.. i will send him a nude picture of my wife..

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

You wouldn't want a Manning or "Big Ben"?:beer:

zone
01-06-2004, 10:52 AM
but if he actually traded up for taylor.. i will send him a nude picture of my wife..

nice....

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You wouldn't want a Manning or "Big Ben"?:beer:

no way... i dont ever agree with taking a qb that high.. the difference between manning and rivers to me is minimal.. and first round qbs suck more often than not.. like i was saying the other day.. there is only a small handfull of guys that were first round qbs that are doing well.. al the rest are later round guys or fa scrubs.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 10:56 AM

no way... i dont ever agree with taking a qb that high.. the difference between manning and rivers to me is minimal.. and first round qbs suck more often than not.. like i was saying the other day.. there is only a small handfull of guys that were first round qbs that are doing well.. al the rest are later round guys or fa scrubs.

I do agree with that but then comes into the question what if it was for a good price?

R. Rich
01-06-2004, 11:05 AM

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the players in this draft, I'd love to see Sean Taylor end up a Bill the most.

casdhf
01-06-2004, 11:07 AM

http://www.dreamlandnews.com/cast/images/edith_card.jpg

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

http://www.dreamlandnews.com/cast/images/edith_card.jpg

:confused: :ontome:

SABURZFAN
01-06-2004, 12:30 PM
if we do trade up,i hope it's for gallery.it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we went after taylor either.i'm a firm believer in drafting linemen(either side of the ball) so i favor gallery over taylor.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
if we do trade up,i hope it's for gallery.it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we went after taylor either.i'm a firm believer in drafting linemen(either side of the ball) so i favor gallery over taylor.

please dont tell me you want to trade up to get a tackle when we have 2 already.. that is the only position we are ok at on the line.. with jennings and williams, and price and sullivan as good back ups..

there is no way gallery is a bill. we are already paying williams left tackle money, as well as number 4 overall pick money.. no way we do it twice.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 12:41 PM

please dont tell me you want to trade up to get a tackle when we have 2 already.. that is the only position we are ok at on the line.. with jennings and williams, and price and sullivan as good back ups..

there is no way gallery is a bill. we are already paying williams left tackle money, as well as number 4 overall pick money.. no way we do it twice.

Here Here. Not only that but Taylor would bring more "playmaking" abilty than an o-linemen would.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Eli Manning would be a great fit in Buffalo. He'll already have weapon's Moulds and McGahee like his brother does in Harrison and James.

Manning
McGahee
Moulds
Morris

The M&M Boys.

ShadowHawk7
01-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Morris?? I like him and everything but as a serious weapon??

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Yes, as a special teams guy.

Earthquake Enyart
01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Trade McGehee and our pick to Washington or Detroit at 5 or 6. It may not be high enough to get Taylor, but we could get Big Ben.

ShadowHawk7
01-06-2004, 01:55 PM
wait, how high is Taylor going to go? I was think sumwhere b/w 8 and 13...

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
wait, how high is Taylor going to go? I was think sumwhere b/w 8 and 13...

I think he will be in the 5-10 range.

SABURZFAN
01-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Trade McGehee and our pick to Washington or Detroit at 5 or 6. It may not be high enough to get Taylor, but we could get Big Ben.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!:down:

Brian Griese Rulz
01-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Trade McGahee ? You nuts? He's the next LT. Trade Henry if anyone.

The_Philster
01-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Trade McGahee ? You nuts? He's the next LT. Trade Henry if anyone. Henry is a proven back. McGahee has proven nothing. We trade Henry and watch...McGahee turns into the next Ki-Jana Carter. :shakeno:

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 06:29 PM
It's hard to say but if there's only one guy we like at #10, I really hope we trade up.

I think this team has enough good players - we need more great ones.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Henry is a proven back. McGahee has proven nothing. We trade Henry and watch...McGahee turns into the next Ki-Jana Carter. :shakeno:

Or he cold be the next L. Tomlison, Duece McAlllister which I would rather have.

mypoorfriendme
01-06-2004, 11:30 PM
wonderfully said, we need more great players. i dont see us getting taylor as much as id like to see it, just because of the fact that our defense was not the problem this year. although taylor, milloy, clements and _______ would make one HELLUVA secondary :drool:

Drewpac
01-07-2004, 11:28 AM
I really think that Ben R. is the only guy we should trade up for. This guy will be the real deal. If he hadn't played at a mid-major he'd probably go #1 in the draft. Also, many QB's from lesser college programs have done well in the NFL (Gannon, McNair, Leftwich, Garcia)

R. Rich
01-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
wonderfully said, we need more great players. i dont see us getting taylor as much as id like to see it, just because of the fact that our defense was not the problem this year. although taylor, milloy, clements and _______ would make one HELLUVA secondary :drool:

It's not about retooling the defense. I would love to see Taylor here (I agree with you that it probably won't happen, though) to make a good defense BETTER! He's not just a highly rated prospect at FS, he's one of those STUD players that don't come along every year. The bio of him in The Huddle Report hits the nail on the head: he's the Michael Vick of the defense!

Originally posted by Drewpac
Also, many QB's from lesser college programs have done well in the NFL (Gannon, McNair, Leftwich, Garcia)

We've also seen, in recent years, lower round draft picks do well at QB. Given the right environment, good coaching, and ability, a QB has a great chance to succeed.

HenryRules
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
I really think that Ben R. is the only guy we should trade up for. This guy will be the real deal. If he hadn't played at a mid-major he'd probably go #1 in the draft. Also, many QB's from lesser college programs have done well in the NFL (Gannon, McNair, Leftwich, Garcia)

Did you mean Pennington?

Leftwich did well for a rookie, but I think that Pennington has done a lot better - and Marshall was much lesser known when Pennington was there.