Which incident was/is worse for players and the game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Which incident was/is worse for players and the game??

This is interesting and was brought up on the local talk yesterday...which events really hurt their sport...

Ray Lewis associated with a murder?
    OJ accused of murder?
    Sosa corking a bat?
    Bonds, McGwire and Sosa possibly doing steroids?
    Rose betting on baseball?

Personally, 1-4 are a lot worse than #5.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

The difference with OJ and Rose is their situations had nothing to do with their in field accomplishments and Simpson's didn't have anything to do with his sport.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Billsouth
      • Jul 2002

I think anytime a high profile player commits a crime like murder that it is bad for the game regardless of whether it occurred on the field.
      "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

IF Rose bet against the Reds then I would say that would of been the worst incident but from what I hear he never did that. As a result, the steroids I feel is the worst because it affected more than one game and could of affected many seasons which tarnishes there accomplishments and the game...Maybe I am naive but I believe Sosa's bad was a one time thing or no worse than only used a couple times. Lewis and Simpson happened off the field so that would tarnish the game the least IMO....

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i think steve howe's numerous drug suspensions are worse than pete rose betting baseball.i agree with don137 if rose had bet against his team.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

tonya harding. i'll never watch figure skating again
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Billsouth
              I think anytime a high profile player commits a crime like murder that it is bad for the game regardless of whether it occurred on the field.
              If it happens on the field its a tragedy, but if it's just accusations 20 years after his career is over how can "FANS" not to mention society turn their back on anyone who has never done anything to stain the integrity of the game. Is there not the posibility of him not being INNOCENT? WHY NOT?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Nobody mentioned Mark Chumura and his babysitter, or Kobe.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Sosa with the cork by far. That was premeditated cheating in the game. The others were off the field antics.

Comment

• LarryBoy
                    The world needs a hero!
                    • Apr 2003

All were bad for their sport, but Rose hurt the crediability of the sport, the others were indivuidual, where Rose made his whole team look bad.
                    Bills Rock!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      Sosa with the cork by far. That was premeditated cheating in the game. The others were off the field antics.
                      What about the use of steroids...is that premediated cheating??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        What about the use of steroids...is that premediated cheating??
                        Steroids aren't illegal (or they haven't been until now). Bat corking, by one of the games biggest stars, surely is.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                          My IQ Test results came back negative
                          • Oct 2002

i dont think the pete rose issue is as bad as people make it. i mean all he did was bet on baseball. he was still one of the greatest who ever lived. all betting on his own team did was make him better. he wanted it more. and you know how many pople bet on sports that play. ALOT.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            Steroids aren't illegal (or they haven't been until now). Bat corking, by one of the games biggest stars, surely is.
                            They are not illegal but they are a way of cheating, imo...and fans have done nothing to call these guys on the carpet...for steroids or for the corked bat.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              They are not illegal but they are a way of cheating, imo...and fans have done nothing to call these guys on the carpet...for steroids or for the corked bat.
                              It's not cheating if there are no rules against it. Anyone can take steroids.

Corking a bat is cheating. There are rules against it.

Comment

Working...
                              X