PDA

View Full Version : Will, and should Marv get a interview?

zone
01-06-2004, 10:37 AM
any thoughts? I think he should get a listen.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 10:38 AM
I bet he doesn't!

clumping platelets
01-06-2004, 10:39 AM
I think Marv should stay on TV

Novacane
01-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I doubt he will get an interview. I can't see any GM hiring a 78 yr old coach. Why interview him if you have no intention of hiring him.

zone
01-06-2004, 10:58 AM
maybee marv would bring back the hurry up.... it will take teams another six years to figure it out agian!

Ð
01-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Ralph will hire Marv in hopes that he croaks before he does.

Halbert
01-06-2004, 02:22 PM
No and definitely.

Pride
01-06-2004, 02:28 PM
My opinion is, marv is too old to coach. For marv to get hired, I wanna see which OC and DC he already has planned out.

If he wants to be the Vermeil type, who motivates, and manages the other coaches, fine by me.. but he is too old to be a Gruden type of coach.

Jeff1220
01-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by zone
any thoughts? I think he should get a listen.

I thought he was being interviewed, tomorrow night, by BrianH?

:D

LarryBoy
01-06-2004, 02:39 PM
I say yup he should, who cares how old he is if hes in good health and more importanly, can get the job done.

Halbert
01-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Pride
If he wants to be the Vermeil type, who motivates, and manages the other coaches, fine by me..
I think that's exactly what he wants to be. Marv had his own type of magic and I'd love to see him ply it again here. But they'll never go for it. Somebody else probably will and two years from now we'll wish we had.

Forget I said that.

G. Host
01-06-2004, 09:28 PM
No and I think he should respected enough to get an interview.

Nighthawk
01-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Please people, get over the 90's!!! He will not and should not get an interview. Period!!!

superbills
01-06-2004, 09:48 PM
It's pretty tough to get over the '90s when we have had to watch this drivel this whole millenium so far. Thinking about the early '90s keeps me sane I tell ya!

Dozerdog
01-06-2004, 09:51 PM
If Marv want s back so bad- the Bills could give him a job - sort of a figurehead "consultant"

The 49ers did it with Walsh- advising on some coaching and player matters-

But not a HC

Turf
01-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Marv looked like he lost his car 8 years ago. Why would we bring him back now? We already have a fight song.......

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
No and I think he should respected enough to get an interview.

I think it would be very disrespectful to give Marv an interview and not seriously consider him for the job (not what you said, but it might be what you're thinking).

Marv is a hall of fame coach, he doesn't need pity interviews to make him feel better. He's a man so we should treat him like a man. If we're not interested, tell him so and tell him why ... don't pussyfoot around it.

If we're genuinely interested, then I say interview him - but since he's been out so long, I don't know if he'd be all that good at putting a staff together - the major falling of our last HC - so I don't think I'd interview him.

The_Philster
01-07-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Marv looked like he lost his car 8 years ago. Why would we bring him back now? We already have a fight song.......

Go Bills...For we are here to cheer for you

Halbert
01-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Please bring Marv back. I'll buy seasons tickets if you do. I only might buy them if you don't.

OpIv37
01-08-2004, 02:18 PM
I'd love to see Marv back, but realistically I doubt TD will interview him. Everyone's so down about his age, but who friggin cares? IMO he's better than anyone else available. The man knows the game- trends change but the basics don't, and Marv always handled the trends well.

Marv has had far more success than any other coach for this team, and if he wants another shot at his ring, I say give it to him.

mchurchfie
01-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Marv is second to none when it comes to delegating and putting a staff together. He also has a way of instilling intelligence and pride into a team and he is a great motivator. This should be a no-brainer...bring him back, he would put a lot of fannies back in the seats.:up:

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2004, 02:31 PM
He is 78 years old
He was outcoached in all 4 superbowls
stay on tv marv

mchurchfie
01-08-2004, 02:41 PM
You have to know how to get there to be outcoached there.:up: I would rather have a coach that got outcoached in 4 SBs than to have an unproven coach that has barely been there anyday.:idunno:

socalfan
01-08-2004, 02:51 PM
We all know that Marv can put together a staff that will get the Bills into the playoffs if TD and TM can find the players.

We don't know that Weiss and Crennel can put together a staff to get the Bills to the playoffs.

I think Levy should let RW know whether or not he wants the job. If Levy does, then the Bills should give him the same opportunity as they have given Gray and Juron. Then once he is in the mix, the Bills should decide who the heck they want.

doug45
01-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
No and definitely.

Ditto

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
You have to know how to get there to be outcoached there.:up: I would rather have a coach that got outcoached in 4 SBs than to have an unproven coach that has barely been there anyday.:idunno:

NO

I want a coach that can get there and win one.

NOTHING LESS!!!

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Also I think I could have coached those early 90s teams in a weak AFC.

No offense I like Marv but he had his chance.

Come on in the Giants superbowl did Thurman even get 15 carries. They had 3 down lineman and we continued to pass and pass. If we started to pound it out they would have never stopped us. It would have opened up the passing game too. I was only a kid then and I was yelling that at the tv.

mchurchfie
01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
:idunno::sadwalk:

mchurchfie
01-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Also I think I could have coached those early 90s teams in a weak AFC.

No offense I like Marv but he had his chance.

Come on in the Giants superbowl did Thurman even get 15 carries. They had 3 down lineman and we continued to pass and pass. If we started to pound it out they would have never stopped us. It would have opened up the passing game too. I was only a kid then and I was yelling that at the tv.

It was Jim Kelly and Ted Marchibroda's fault...Marv wasn't calling the :angry:ing plays.:hammeru:

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2004, 03:46 PM

It was Jim Kelly and Ted Marchibroda's fault...Marv wasn't calling the :angry:ing plays.:hammeru:

He is the coach and he has the final say. I think anyone could see what needed to be done.

Also wasn't he the one who decided to go for it on 4th down against dallas where kelly tore his knee and was intercepted. TAKE THE POINTS. I also thought he called those shovel pass plays too.

Someone talk to Thurman after the fumbles and get him back in the game. All I can remember was watching him sitting on the bench by himself.

All things My clouded memory can recall.

mchurchfie
01-08-2004, 04:18 PM
The Bills had there best chance the first SB...they were the best team in the NFL at the time. That one Marv should have intervened in....The "Big Tuna" should have been arrested for Grand Larceny in that one because he stole the "Vince Lombardi" right out from beneath their very noses.:shakeno: The last three SBs they were beat by superior teams, that was very clear to see.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2004, 04:37 PM
The Bills had there best chance the first SB...they were the best team in the NFL at the time. That one Marv should have intervened in....The "Big Tuna" should have been arrested for Grand Larceny in that one because he stole the "Vince Lombardi" right out from beneath their very noses.:shakeno: The last three SBs they were beat by superior teams, that was very clear to see.

If marv was such a great coach maybe he could have stolen one of the last 3 like Parcells did to us!

saviorbledsoe
01-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Blastphomy!!!!!!!! (sp)?

BRING BACK MARV!!!!!!!!!! Come on TD....look what its doing to morale in Washington! THINK OF THE TICKET SALES MY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE THE CALL TD MAKE THE DAMN CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If not, take Fassel.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Ticket sales will be fine either way. Bring in a coach who will win. I have heard that he would be willing to accept an assistant head coach position for which I am all for.