PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Coughlin Officially a Giant

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Giants | Coughlin Agrees to Four-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:53:07 -0800

ESPNews reports the New York Giants have agreed to a four-year contract with Tom Coughlin, a former head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 12:05 PM
coughlin used his visit with the bills as leverage.. no question.. giants got nervous and finished the deal..

god i hope this doesnt mean that TD gets all antsy and goes with fassel today.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Wow. Well I guess it's down to Fassell and Weiss hopefully. I want Weiss more for our team though.

RedEyE
01-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Bummer

Michael82
01-06-2004, 12:18 PM
SOB! Oh well...time to turn to Fassel. :D

JJamezz
01-06-2004, 12:20 PM
I guess Fat Pat can wipe the sweat off his brow now..

That's one gone from my 'list' - Ferentz and Weis remain. Whatever you do TD, just say NO to Fassel!!

Ebenezer
01-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Prediction: NYG win a Super Bowl under Coughlin. Look for them to sign Brunell also.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Prediction: NYG win a Super Bowl under Coughlin. Look for them to sign Brunell also.

What would they do with Collins? Would Collins except being a backup. WOuld this create a QB contrversy?:scratch:

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
I guess Fat Pat can wipe the sweat off his brow now..

That's one gone from my 'list' - Ferentz and Weis remain. Whatever you do TD, just say NO to Fassel!!

my thoughts exactly.

Michael82
01-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

No way will they win a Super Bowl with him. I think the NY Media is going to tear him a new one and he will only last 2 or 3 years out of the 4. If he hasn't changed, there will be a bunch of players trying to get traded from that team. Just imagine Michael Strahan or Tiki Barber or even Mike Hollis....

SABURZFAN
01-06-2004, 12:32 PM
well........that scratches one name off the list.who will be the next HC signed?

Michael82
01-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
well........that scratches one name off the list.who will be the next HC signed?

Jim Fassel by Buffalo. :snicker:

nolimit
01-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

No way will they win a Super Bowl with him. I think the NY Media is going to tear him a new one and he will only last 2 or 3 years out of the 4. If he hasn't changed, there will be a bunch of players trying to get traded from that team. Just imagine Michael Strahan or Tiki Barber or even Mike Hollis....

agreed, nice post! By the Way Tonk u r gonna eat your words about fassel!

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
agreed, nice post! By the Way Tonk u r gonna eat your words about fassel!

hey man.. believe me.. i hope i do... nothing would make me happier than to have to feel bad about dogging fassel because we won the superbowl with him..

all this stuff is just opinion anyway.. hell, i dont know more than TD.. none of us do.. he will pick the right guy i hope.. weiss may turn out to suck.. ferentz may too.. only time will tell.

nolimit
01-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

hey man.. believe me.. i hope i do... nothing would make me happier than to have to feel bad about dogging fassel because we won the superbowl with him..

all this stuff is just opinion anyway.. hell, i dont know more than TD.. none of us do.. he will pick the right guy i hope.. weiss may turn out to suck.. ferentz may too.. only time will tell.

Agreed! I have faith in TD! He will find the right guy cuiz if he doesnt that will be the end of TD in Buffalo!

cordog
01-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Totally agree. Theres a reason TD gets paid well to do this stuff and we dont

JJamezz
01-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Agreed, its all just opinion. Part of the reason the thought of Fassel turns my stomach is that I live in the middle of Jet/Giant country, so I've been bombarded by the notoriously brutal media down here with Fassel stories for the last 7 years.

Beyond that, I see some positives in him - his teams almost always finished strong (with the obvious exception of this season), and he doesn't have a problem delegating responsibilty with his staff - for example when he pulled Sean Paytons play calling duties mid season. But there are some BIG negatives with him as well - mainly, he seems VERY much like our last staff in that his teams had not much of an offensive identity, passed too much with a QB similar to Bledsoe (immobile, holds the ball too long). I believe his offenses were always ranked toward the bottom of the league as well, but don't quote me there.

Granted, the Giants have not drafted well offensively - can you say Ron Dayne? LOL - so that was definitely part of the problem. He did seem to get good play out of very mediocre talent over the years, so maybe he would work out here where talent evaluation is more of a strength - I don't know. My gut feeling though is we'd be in store for another 3 years of mediocrity, and then another HC (and most likely another GM) if Fassel is brought in to Buffalo.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2004, 12:58 PM
This sucks. :mad:

Michael82
01-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
Agreed! I have faith in TD! He will find the right guy cuiz if he doesnt that will be the end of TD in Buffalo!

That's EXACTLY my thoughts. TD knows that he has to hit a home run if he wants to keep his job. If this team doesn't make the playoffs in the next year or two, TD might be looking for a new job.

Ebenezer
01-06-2004, 01:24 PM
No way will they win a Super Bowl with him. I think the NY Media is going to tear him a new one and he will only last 2 or 3 years out of the 4.

He was an assitant there...I have a feeling he knows what it is like.

Jim Fassel by Buffalo. :snicker:

Remember, you were the one who wanted DB so badly...