PDA

View Full Version : Taylor is the guy we need!!

ShadowHawk7
01-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Sean Taylor would be awesome as a Bill! Some say he might be better than Ed Reed. He would truly be the playmaker the Bills sorely need on D. I think the secondary is over-rated in 2 ways: lack of turnovers, and beating teams on 3rd down. Some of this problem is on the pass rush but we did a pretty good job in the last 6 or 7 games. I would definitley trade up for Taylor. We could use R Brown. We could get OG Woody, DE Hicks, resign Winfield or get Bailey, restucture Bledsoe's contract, and get WR Northcutt in the offseason, and draft a 3rd round C/OG,(keaomatoe or wutever?) and a 2nd round QB.(Rivers?) I'd prolly lean towards a TE in the 4th.
Comments are welcome

Walk the !@#$%^ plank already Gilbride!! :cas:

The Natrix
01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
If he is there, and they don't take him, I will lose all faith in TD.

He won't be there, so we have nothing to worry about. It's almost not worth taking about.

The Natrix
01-06-2004, 02:00 PM
what exactly would you be willing to give up to trade up? I don't think our first and R. Brown would move us up enough, plus I think we need Brown. Another hole on the O-line is all we need.

Devin
01-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Offense first fellas, D help is needed but far from priority.

The Natrix
01-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Devin

It is only one pick. Virtually every other pick and all the $$ can be used on the O.

Taylor could potentially make this the undisputed #1 defense in the NFL. That will always give you a chance. See Ravens and Bucs.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Knowing TD, he'll take the "best available player" regardless of offense or defense. Look we needed D last season and we got McGahee.

R. Rich
01-06-2004, 02:30 PM
I would rather see the Bills end up with Sean Taylor than any other player in this draft. This guy is going to be AWESOME in the pros if he stays healthy, because he has no real weaknesses to his game.

But don't take my word for it! (http://www.thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/SeanTaylor.htm)

The Natrix
01-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Look we needed D last season and we got McGahee.

Yeah, and the D turned out terrible :rolleyes:

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

Yeah, and the D turned out terrible :rolleyes:

I don't think he is knocking the pick just pointing out what happened and how TD operates.:beer:

The Natrix
01-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I don't think he is knocking the pick just pointing out what happened and how TD operates.:beer:

I guess you're right. I am just a little fiesty because of how crappy this early offseason has been.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 03:01 PM

I guess you're right. I am just a little fiesty because of how crappy this early offseason has been.

I think we all are at least a little bit.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2004, 03:06 PM

Exactly. :miyagi:

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I am just a little fiesty because of how crappy this early offseason has been.
We had a great offseason last year with Posey, Spikes, Adams and Milloy, and we ended up sucking.

Hopefully this time around we'll have a quieter offseason and we kick ass in the season. :up:

ArcticWildMan
01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm all for trading to get him. Look what Roy Williams did for Dallas and Taylor is supposed to be even better than him!

I still think that TD should have passed on big Mike and drafted Roy. This would be a chance to make up for that mistake.

BuffaloRanger
01-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Big Mike is the only attention TD has paid to the O-line since he's been here. Which is absolutely criminal considering the Bills have an immobile QB. Could that be why it's been the team's biggest weakness?

TD is not the genius people think he is.

The_Philster
01-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Big Mike is the only attention TD has paid to the O-line since he's been here. Which is absolutely criminal considering the Bills have an immobile QB. Could that be why it's been the team's biggest weakness.

TD hasn't done much, true..but Marcus Price was an excellent addition. :up:

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

TD hasn't done much, true..but Marcus Price was an excellent addition. :up:

Didn't he fraft Mike Williams, Marques Sullivan, Jonas Jennings......Mike Pucillo?

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
As well as acquie Marcus Price and Trey Teague via free agency?

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Big Mike is the only attention TD has paid to the O-line since he's been here. Which is absolutely criminal considering the Bills have an immobile QB. Could that be why it's been the team's biggest weakness?

TD's paid plenty of attention to the OL while he's been here (TT was a FA, Jennings and Big Mike were first-day picks and he's spent a minimum of 2 2nd day picks on OL as well).

His problem isn't that he doesn't try to fix the OL, it's that he isn't good at fixing the OL.

The_Philster
01-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Didn't he fraft Mike Williams, Marques Sullivan, Jonas Jennings......Mike Pucillo?

:scratch: Come to think of it, yeah...he did draft Jennings and Sullivan as well....Pucillo I wouldn't brag about, though.
I'd forgotten they've been in the league such a short time.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm not bragging about Pucillo either that's why I put .......Pucillo:) So yeah I think he has tried to get players to help.:beer:

The_Philster
01-06-2004, 07:48 PM
I think a lot of people are upset we did virtually nothing to the O-line last offseason and quick to point fingers saying nothing gets done.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I think a lot of people are upset we did virtually nothing to the O-line last offseason and quick to point fingers saying nothing gets done.

that is unfair.. going into last season A LOT of us and the experts thought we had an up and coming oline.. it didnt look like we needed alot of help.. so that is not a fair judgement i dont think.

on a side note.. god, look at their review.. lol..

"An impact player is an impact player.
Sean Taylor is an impact player. He will be able to free up a Linebacker
for the rush because he is big enough to handle the TE by himself. He
can play single deep coverage because he has the speed to go sideline to
sideline. He can be brought up to the line of scrimmage and used as an
extra linebacker in run-downs. He hits like a coin dropped from the Empire
State Building. The biggest problem that I see with Sean is if he gets
injured, the coaches will have nobody on the team that can even come close
to replacing him. The Head Coach will lock up with fear and worry, and the
defense will become average at best. This kid is the Michael Vick of the
defense. He is a beast, the beast of the east"

just for the record.. i was the first to start pimping for sean taylor.. the article proves it! :D

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

that is unfair.. going into last season A LOT of us and the experts thought we had an up and coming oline.. it didnt look like we needed alot of help.. so that is not a fair judgement i dont think.

Only problem is that TD is the only one that is paid to manage the Bills.

So-called experts are paid to say controversial things - saying that an OL that allows the most sacks and is in the bottom of the league in yards rushing will be one of the best OLs without any upgrades is a pretty controversial thing.

Fans are paid to do a variety of different things, but very few are actually paid to do anything related to build football teams.

Nope, only TD was being paid to build a football team. So the fact that he didn't do his job definitely makes him fair ground for criticism.

Think of this in other terms ... if your wife makes you go to the hospital because you're complaining about chest pains and the doctor says, "don't worry, it's just indigestion" and you agree with him ... does that let him off the hook when you die of a heart attack a few hours later?

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 10:38 PM
our line played well enough the season prior to get us a 4500 yard passer, 2 thousand yard receivers, and a 1400 yard rusher.. i can understand why td and the coaches would think that things would get better with the young line, not worse.

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
our line played well enough the season prior to get us a 4500 yard passer, 2 thousand yard receivers, and a 1400 yard rusher.. i can understand why td and the coaches would think that things would get better with the young line, not worse.

The product on the field this year was all that counted though ... and it can only be said that they misjudged their talent. Whether others misjudged along with them is irrelevant.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

The product on the field this year was all that counted though ... and it can only be said that they misjudged their talent. Whether others misjudged along with them is irrelevant.

The coaches misused and misjudged the talent on this team all season!:mad: