PDA

View Full Version : Fassel Interviews With Bills, Talks Exclusively With Channel 2

deathadder
01-06-2004, 06:03 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/storyfull.asp?id=18357

FASSEL INTERVIEWS WITH BILLS, TALKS EXCLUSIVELY WITH CHANNEL 2

Former New York Giants head coach Jim Fassel was in Western New York Tuesday, discussing the vacant Bills head coaching position with general manager Tom Donohoe.

Channel 2 News talked exclusively with Fassel following the meeting. Fassel said things went well.

"It was a good day," Fassel told Channel 2's Adam Benigni. "I've always had a lot of respect for this organization, so it was a good day to come and visit with everybody."

The Bills are expected to be the last stop on Fassel's itinerary. He interviewed for job openings with the Cardinals and Redskins this past weekend. Fassel is also expected to round out the initial list of candidates for the Bills, one of seven teams in the midst of a coaching search.

"I'm keeping an open mind. I don't have a place that I specifically want to go. At some point in time, we'll get down and talk specifics, but right now I have a totally open mind."

As for a time frame, Fassel backed away from earlier reports that said he wanted to have something finalized by the end of the week.

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Is it just me, or are there very few coaching candidates this year?