PDA

View Full Version : Is Weiss our new coach?

ArcticWildMan
01-06-2004, 08:11 PM
More and more I think Charlie Weiss will be the next coach in Buffalo.

TD passed on Coughlin, appears to be passing on Fassel and Jauron, and hasn't shown any interest in other ex-coaches. That leaves just coordinators. Out of that bunch, 3 are still actively coaching teams in the playoffs.

With the number of teams looking for coaches, I'm sure TD knows he has to act fast or he might lose the guy he wants. That probably eliminates any coordinators from non playoff teams (Grey, Malarkey).

I don't know if it's a "rule" or not, but no way would TD announce somebody as our new coach if that guy's team was still in the playoffs. That would be too much of a distraction and unfair to that team.

That leaves Lovie Smith, Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel on the short list.

All three of those guys would be a good fit in Buffalo but Weiss seems like the best.

Thoughts?

Novacane
01-06-2004, 08:14 PM
If Fassel is really staying over for a second interview I've got a feeling he's the guy

HenryRules
01-06-2004, 08:17 PM
I think Coughlin passed on TD ... we never had the opportunity to talk to Coughlin.

ArcticWildMan
01-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah...just saw that. We could do worse than him, that's for sure.

baalworship
01-06-2004, 08:19 PM
If TD hires Jim Fassel over Charlie Weis he should pack his bags and go back to Pittsburgh. But that would be punishment for those who made fun of GW...2 to 3 more years of pain.

ArcticWildMan
01-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm officially routing for Charlie Weiss.

Novacane
01-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If Fassel is really staying over for a second interview I've got a feeling he's the guy

Of course this also could mean nothing if Pasqerelli is correct that Mularky is interviewing tomorrow too. I don't know why he would bring in Mularky if he planned on offering the job to Fassel tomorrow.

Who knows? I sure don't. All I do know is Mularky is the last guy I want to see hired

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 08:29 PM
What if the Airport gets closed down and Mularky can't fly in?!:lol:

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
:lol: at your avatar spaz.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
:lol: at your avatar spaz.

:up:

G. Host
01-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
What if the Airport gets closed down and Mularky can't fly in?!:lol:

He drives from Pittsbugh. No big deal.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by G. Host

He drives from Pittsbugh. No big deal.

Oh yeah....:(

Turf
01-06-2004, 10:06 PM
I hope TD didn't staple the deal shut on Weiss.

TigerJ
01-06-2004, 10:48 PM
If he drives from Pittsburgh, he's going to have a tough time getting through Chautauqua County. It's snowing to beat the band. I'll have to blow about a foot of snow out of my driveway tomorrow morning about 7 AM.

I have a feeling Weis is the guy. Washington may want Fassel and TD's not going to get in a bidding war with Dan Snyder.

socalfan
01-06-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm nopt sure that Fassel is heading to Washington. Otherwise, he would have been inundated with so much money he couldn't possibly be holding out for any other club. Washington must have one someone else in mind.

jchild178
01-06-2004, 11:34 PM
ray rhodes is being strongly looked at by washington

The Natrix
01-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Fassel doesn't deserve to "redeem" himself in Buffalo. He should go and be a loser in Arizona where he belongs. :boom:

saviorbledsoe
01-07-2004, 06:51 AM
if it isnt fassel....i want weiss. it helps us and robs pats. but i am still up for actuall superbowl hc experience anyday.

Historian
01-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
I hope TD didn't staple the deal shut on Weiss.

I'm sure that's not the case. The team, TD, Ralph, the waterboys, et al. have all publically come out and stated they want the new Coach to have HC experience. TD knows that if he blows it again, he'll end up back at ESPN, or teaching.

No, this is just him screwing with the people that he felt ran GW out of town.

zone
01-07-2004, 07:24 AM
I thought fassel declined the overnight invite? Also I thought Ralf said the next coach of the team would have head coaching experience.

I would love to see Weis, but I have a feeling it will be Fassel.

Witch of the 2 are more emotional? ya know I want to see someone out there that really gets into it.

WagonCircler
01-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Please GOD let there be secret negotiations going on for Haslett.