PDA

View Full Version : "oh, a slow white guy" says stuart scott

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 11:01 PM
you know this really irritates me.. tell me if i am just being stupid..

stuart scott is interviewing Ricky Proehl on sport center.. he says to him..

"i say possession receiver.. what do you say"

he responds "i say consistent receiver"...

SS says "yeah, possession receiver is like a bad word.. it is another way of saying slow.. "...

proehl says "yeah.. possession receiver means slow"

and SS finishes it with "it means slow WHITE guy"...

is that just stupid as crap or what..

if the coin was flipped around and a that scenario was reversed.. oh god..

sorry.. i just thought that was crap.

he went on to ask proehl.. "do BLACK DBs hate getting beat by a WHITE WR?"... proehl said "yeah, they get ribbed for it".. just infricken beleivable.. what the hell kind of question is that?.. would it be acceptable if i asked SS if his mom like having my white junx in her? why does color have to be brought in to it?yeah.. fire Rush.. but Scott is "da man, yo".. bumrushing the set with a booyaaaa.. ****** ridiculous. such a double standard.

sorry.. rant over... i am disgusted.

LtBillsFan66
01-06-2004, 11:03 PM
I agree.

The same can be said with "Mobile QB." How that's used, it means Black QB.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 11:05 PM
**** Stuart Scott and his ****ing out of this world eye!

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 11:05 PM
i hate stuart scott more now.. i never liked his gimp eyed ass.. but watching that interview made me want to fight him...

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 11:07 PM
I wonder if he called Don Beebe or Brandon Stokely slow?

LtBillsFan66
01-06-2004, 11:09 PM
I hate the way sports coverage has become a personality showcase. I hated Stu for a while now.

I also dislike Chris Berman.

Less schtick please.

LtBillsFan66
Originally posted by The Spaz
I wonder if he called Don Beebe or Brandon Stokely slow?

No they are fast honkeys.

socalfan
I always find it pretty incredible that race is a topic of conversation. But it seems that in sports talk it continually pops up. I don't know if the players are really concerned about it, but sports journalist sure seem to be.

imbondz
01-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

****** ridiculous. such a double standard.

sorry.. rant over... i am disgusted.

not a rant. I think you should write SportsCenter/Espn and tell them the same thing. I don't mind SS, but he's definitely hypocritical when it comes to the race issue and doesn't even know it.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

right.. but replace that H with an M, and you will be crucified.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
I always find it pretty incredible that race is a topic of conversation. But it seems that in sports talk it continually pops up. I don't know if the players are really concerned about it, but sports journalist sure seem to be.

it shouldnt even be brought up.. it is a nonissue... the only issue i care about is performance.. can you play.. are you good.. and that is all anyone else should be worried about.

i saw a post on finhell a few weeks ago.. get this.. it was titled "I want one of those scrambling blacks as our qb!" ... my jaw hit the ground.

The Spaz
01-06-2004, 11:15 PM

it shouldnt even be brought up.. it is a nonissue... the only issue i care about is performance.. can you play.. are you good.. and that is all anyone else should be worried about.

i saw a post on finhell a few weeks ago.. get this.. it was titled "I want one of those scrambling blacks as our qb!" ... my jaw hit the ground.

Leave it up to Finheaven!:down: :shakeno:

Bmax
01-06-2004, 11:19 PM
hey guys relax.....question did any of you ever play sports.. this type thing always came up in locker rooms when i was in high school

Bmax

socalfan
01-06-2004, 11:21 PM
I played on a really racially diverse team, it wasn't a topic of conversation.

LtBillsFan66
01-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Bmax
hey guys relax.....question did any of you ever play sports.. this type thing always came up in locker rooms when i was in high school

Bmax

I don't think it's a big deal either. Except that there is a double standard in the media.

socalfan
01-06-2004, 11:22 PM

I visited that site only twice, and there are a couple of guys there I think are okay....but the others are butt heads.

Tatonka
01-06-2004, 11:25 PM

i played in the same situation in dallas.. our team had groups of blacks, whites, and latinos that maybe didnt hang out that much in the halls.. but in the locker room and on the field.. we were all friends, and it was never a topic.

I don't think it's a big deal either. Except that there is a double standard in the media.

the double standard is what my ***** was about.

LtBillsFan66
01-06-2004, 11:27 PM
the double standard is what my ***** was about.

I hear ya.

juice
01-06-2004, 11:31 PM
espn hired rush limbaw for his "Commentary" apparently they like making race an issue. Rush will change that H to a D and make them all over at espn look like the ratings A**holes they are.

Dozerdog
01-06-2004, 11:32 PM

Didn't Howard Cosell get in trouble with this?.......

"Look at the little Honkey run"

socalfan
01-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Rush L got cooked because he basically slammed the media. If he had slammed the NFL, he'd still have a program. I don't think a double standard was in play in Rush's case.

juice
01-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Cosell was a drunk, Rush was all wacked out on pills. A bunch of geniuses over at ESPN for having Rush give his opinion of a league that is 90% black.

juice
01-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Rush used his stage on Primetime to voice an ignorant opinion and to pay his legal fees. Must have been an early Christmas bonus from Chris Berman

The Natrix
01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Stuart Scott is worthless. I honestly don't know why they keep him around.

Maybe so the getto fabulous illiterates can enjoy ESPN? Not sure.

socalfan
01-07-2004, 12:07 AM
His opinion concerned the media. If I remember right, being part of the media, he claimed that the media protected black QBs from critical evaluation.

Essentially, he said the media is non objective and racist in its reporting.

From the media's point of view it comes across as one of their own, who is in meetings, strategy sessions and sees internal emails has slapped the media with two issues that, if in fact they were true, would certainly cause them to loose credibility.

Credibility is the only value a media service prizes, because without it, they loose everything.

Rush could have slapped the media using someone other than a black QB, and if he challenged them for a lack of objectivity and racism they still would have fired him.

Billz_fan
01-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

In 1983, Howard Cosell resigned following intense public outcries after he exclaimed, "Look at that little monkey run!" about Washington Redskins receiver Alvin Garrett. A black reciever for the skins at the time.

juice
01-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Stuart Scott is worthless. I honestly don't know why they keep him around.

Maybe so the getto fabulous illiterates can enjoy ESPN? Not sure.

Wonder why ESPN hired Rush, so the pill popping elite crowd could have a show to watch while they're coming down?

cordog
01-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Billz_fan
In 1983, Howard Cosell resigned following intense public outcries after he exclaimed, "Look at that little monkey run!" about Washington Redskins receiver Alvin Garrett. A black reciever for the skins at the time.

I remember a college basketball analyst getting fired for saying just about the same thing about Allen Iverson

The Natrix
01-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by juice

Wonder why ESPN hired Rush, so the pill popping elite crowd could have a show to watch while they're coming down?

Rush sucks as well :up:

SABURZFAN
01-07-2004, 01:56 AM

i bet he's still posting on there too.:rolleyes:

saviorbledsoe
01-07-2004, 06:46 AM
I bet I could kick his a$$ in basketball and I am a SLOW WHITE GUY.

WagonCircler
01-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I bet I could kick his a$$ in basketball and I am a SLOW WHITE GUY.

I'd just like to kick his ass. His schtick was amusing when it was new, but now it's just tired and "had". It's gotten so bad that he's resorted to stealing material from the Bernie Mac/LeBron James Nike commercial. It was funny on the commercial, but lame on SportsCenter. By the fifth night in a row, it was just embarrasing.

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 08:06 AM
It was not that offensive but, because precedent has been set, there should be some sort of disciplinary measure taken.

I am just sitting back for Mesi to get a title fight and have everybody go off because he is white...any sportscaster who mentions Mesi's white, except to say there hasn't been a white champ since ??? (if he wins), should be fired...one the spot.

Big M
01-07-2004, 08:07 AM
It was " look at that little monkey " , referring to Redskins WR Alvin Garrett.

Jan Reimers
01-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Rush is forced to resign. Scott can say anything he wants. This is the age of one way political correctness.

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Rush is forced to resign. Scott can say anything he wants. This is the age of one way political correctness.

Personally, I thought that Hillary Clinton should have been forced to resign as co-president after her put down of southern women for her "Stand by my man" comment...but that is just me...

:tomato:

Jan Reimers
01-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Personally, I thought that Hillary Clinton should have been forced to resign as co-president after her put down of southern women for her "Stand by my man" comment...but that is just me...

:tomato:

Did you catch her latest, "Gandhi ran a gas station in St. Louis" thing? Some people, apparently, are exempt from responsibility for their insensitive and boorish remarks.

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Here is how I look at this. I dont mind it at all if SS jokes around like that because I can take a joke and that is all it was, but I will agree if the tables were turned people would freak out.

Novacane
01-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Stu Scott sucks. He tries to hard to be funny.

Voltron
01-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Rush used his stage on Primetime to voice an ignorant opinion and to pay his legal fees. Must have been an early Christmas bonus from Chris Berman

Keep telling your self that Juice! :rolleyes:

NOT ONCE DID LIMBAUGH BRING POLITICS INTO THAT SHOW! NOT ONCE!

The politics were thrust upon him. If he got fired for saying a QB was overrated than I think that SS should be fired for saying what he said. The double standards and minority pandering in this country needs to stop soon before it really gets out of control!

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Stu Scott sucks. He tries to hard to be funny.

I agree. He was funny at first but he is getting old.

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I agree. He was funny at first but he is getting old.

...you know it took him weeks to come up with the "pillow" and "butter on a roll" lines...

Jan Reimers
01-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Voltron

The politics were thrust upon him. If he got fired for saying a QB was overrated than I think that SS should be fired for saying what he said. The double standards and minority pandering in this country needs to stop soon before it really gets out of control!

I totally agree, Voltron, and that doesn't make either of us racists. There should simply be a return to some sort of fundamental fairness in this country.

juice
01-07-2004, 09:43 AM
"Minority Pandering?" WTF? I just like to keep my church, state and sports separate. Rush should never have been on my primetime sports bringing any racist political views into my no BS Sunday. Rush doesn't know a damn thing about sports, athletes, and definatly not the future of Black QB's in the NFL. He saw an opporitunity to make some money before snitching everyone in his RICO drug ring out and heading off to do 30 days in rehab. When he returns his show is the hottest on the air. Too bad ESPN boss and Billbacker Berman had to get BUTT****** on his #1 PRIMETIME show. Serves those rating hungry idiots over at ESPN right. I hope they got their RUSH of ratings, the next time they violate my sacred Sunday I'll turn to the FOX- pregame. Uncle Tom Jackson looked like a fool sitting there Staring at Big Berman like "What do I say Boss?" "Nothing, go to commercial ,I think RUSH is working for Fox" Minority Pandering SS is just playing the game, the Ratings game, you know who runs the show. Ask boss Berman why everything seems to revolve around race. It'll give him a RUSH. Stuart Scott UNC ACC

juice
01-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Keep telling your self that Juice! :rolleyes:

NOT ONCE DID LIMBAUGH BRING POLITICS INTO THAT SHOW! NOT ONCE!

WTF?? Minority Pandering

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Too bad ESPN boss and Billbacker Berman had to get BUTT****** on his #1 PRIMETIME show.

BTW, I don't remember Rush being a part of PrimeTime...he was on the pre-game show...

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 09:56 AM
I happen to enjoy Minority Pandering. :couch:

Voltron
01-07-2004, 10:16 AM
"Minority Pandering?" WTF? I just like to keep my church, state and sports separate. Rush should never have been on my primetime sports bringing any racist political views into my no BS Sunday. Rush doesn't know a damn thing about sports, athletes, and definatly not the future of Black QB's in the NFL. He saw an opporitunity to make some money before snitching everyone in his RICO drug ring out and heading off to do 30 days in rehab. When he returns his show is the hottest on the air. Too bad ESPN boss and Billbacker Berman had to get BUTT****** on his #1 PRIMETIME show. Serves those rating hungry idiots over at ESPN right. I hope they got their RUSH of ratings, the next time they violate my sacred Sunday I'll turn to the FOX- pregame. Uncle Tom Jackson looked like a fool sitting there Staring at Big Berman like "What do I say Boss?" "Nothing, go to commercial ,I think RUSH is working for Fox" Minority Pandering SS is just playing the game, the Ratings game, you know who runs the show. Ask boss Berman why everything seems to revolve around race. It'll give him a RUSH. Stuart Scott UNC ACC

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS INFORMATION!!!??????

I think you are pulling it off of moveon.com or howarddean.com.

The only truth to ANY of what you wrote is that Rush went for Drug treatment. He was not involved in a Drug ring and no proof of it has surfaced, he has not laundered money, he has no need for extra money the guy is worth over 200 million!!! A million or so from ESPN is a drop in the bucket to him. Why do people see a problem with Rush Limbaugh being addicted to painkillers? The same people that want to see him in jail are the ones who think that putting addicts in jail is wrong and that treatment is the answer. Yet another double standard in this country. :rolleyes:
I call it Minority pandering you can call it political correctness if you think my words are offensive :rolleyes:.

I can’t for the life of me see how SS can get away with this comment. What he said was derogatory to whites! Yet we don’t have an NAACP to jump up and down kicking and screaming when some one offends whites. We are just supposed to sit back and take it because we are the majority. WHATEVER!

BTW just in case you don't know what pandering is I looked it up for you

Entry: pander
Function: verb
Definition: cater to
Synonyms: brownnose, cajole, fish, gratify, indulge, massage, please, politic, satisfy, snow, soap, soften up, spook, stroke
Concept: unsocial action

juice
01-07-2004, 10:41 AM
WHERE DO YOU GET THIS INFORMATION!!!??????

I think you are pulling it off of moveon.com or howarddean.com.

The only truth to ANY of what you wrote is that Rush went for Drug treatment. He was not involved in a Drug ring and no proof of it has surfaced, he has not laundered money, he has no need for extra money the guy is worth over 200 million!!! A million or so from ESPN is a drop in the bucket to him. Why do people see a problem with Rush Limbaugh being addicted to painkillers? The same people that want to see him in jail are the ones who think that putting addicts in jail is wrong and that treatment is the answer. Yet another double standard in this country. :rolleyes:
I call it Minority pandering you can call it political correctness if you think my words are offensive :rolleyes:.

I can’t for the life of me see how SS can get away with this comment. What he said was derogatory to whites! Yet we don’t have an NAACP to jump up and down kicking and screaming when some one offends whites. We are just supposed to sit back and take it because we are the majority. WHATEVER!

BTW just in case you don't know what pandering is I looked it up for you

Entry: pander
Function: verb
Definition: cater to
Synonyms: brownnose, cajole, fish, gratify, indulge, massage, please, politic, satisfy, snow, soap, soften up, spook, stroke
Concept: unsocial action

Sounds like what you mean is reverse racism and to that i say Aint life a *****. You must not live with the pressure may of my brothers and sisters live with.It doesnt make you wrong just uneducated to other viewpoints. BTW My brothers and Sisters are the 90% of those who play major professionol and amateur sports. ACC SS UNC

Crinoline
01-07-2004, 10:55 AM
I gave a big middle finger to the all too politically correct ESPN when they let Gregg TMQ Easterbrook go. **** you ESPN!!!

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2004, 11:02 AM
I bet Stu is getting a lot of PM's.

eyedog
01-07-2004, 11:05 AM
I also seen the Scott/Proehl interview. It was one of the late sportcenter additions last night. I was half asleep and I perked up when I heard Scotts " slow white " bull****. I was thinking to myself, did I just heard that correctly. I guess I did and that was total bull**** and Scott should get some kind of reprimand. Talk about a double standard. Rush makes a similar type comment and he gets ****canned. I'm willing to bet nothing at all happens over this. It will be blown off and swept away.

Voltron
01-07-2004, 11:23 AM

Sounds like what you mean is reverse racism and to that i say Aint life a *****. You must not live with the pressure may of my brothers and sisters live with.It doesnt make you wrong just uneducated to other viewpoints. BTW My brothers and Sisters are the 90% of those who play major professionol and amateur sports. ACC SS UNC

If I am uneducated I would hate to ask how many degrees you have the way you write.

Aint life a *****

Sure Reverse racism is fine isn't it. Keep telling yourself that as long as the racism isn’t pointed in your direction it is right. Wow you have to be one of the most hypocritical people I have ever seen post here :rolleyes:

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Racism sucks
Reverse racism sucks
Double reverse "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you" racism sucks.

DraftBoy
01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
The comment was wrong I think we can all agree about that. He should be given disciplanary action but he wont.

Voltron you make some very good points about all of this.

Juice the pressure you and your brothers and sisters live with? Give me a freakin break, things arent perfect Ill give ya that, but they sure as hell are better now then they were say 30 years ago. Enough is enough stop the crying, stop the *****ing and grow up like the rest of the country has. Ok 90% of the people who play professional sports are black....and this means all people of color should receive special treatment or something. There has never been anything but a white president so I think all white people should never have to pay taxes again....You make no sense in your post and your being super hypocritical.

Ð
01-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Let's all stick it to "the man"

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Juice the pressure you and your brothers and sisters live with? Give me a freakin break, things arent perfect Ill give ya that, but they sure as hell are better now then they were say 30 years ago. Enough is enough stop the crying, stop the *****ing and grow up like the rest of the country has.
I'm going to try to be as neutral and objective as possible.

I'm not black or white. But I'm a minority as well, so I think I can understand both sides.

Yes, there IS pressure and racism in this society, believe it or not. But it's much more subtle than before, say 10-20 years ago. But it's still not completely equal as some would like to think it is. So unless you've ever walked in that shoe, you'll never really understand it.

My wife is white, and very open minded. Not a racist at all. But she didn't really fully understand how it feels first hand until we went down to Chinatown in Chicago one time. She was one of the very few non-Asian there. And yes she was very uncomfortable. She said she felt like every eye was looking at her, like the black guy walked into the country bar and the music just stopped. We were there for only a couple of hours. Imagine feeling that way every minute of everyday of your life.

On the other hand, I do not condone people playing the color card all the time, or the "Black Anger". To achieve a truly "colorless" society, it has to start somewhere. We the minorities need to be the ones who do not see ourselves as minorities first, and the rest will eventually follow.

Voltron
01-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I'm not black or white. But I'm a minority as well, so I think I can understand both sides.

Yes, there IS pressure and racism in this society, believe it or not. But it's much more subtle than before, say 10-20 years ago. But it's still not completely equal as some would like to think it is. So unless you've ever walked in that shoe, you'll never really understand it.

My wife is white, and very open minded. Not a racist at all. But she didn't really fully understand how it feels first hand until we went down to Chinatown in Chicago one time. She was one of the very few non-Asian there. And yes she was very uncomfortable. She said she felt like every eye was looking at her, like the black guy walked into the country bar and the music just stopped. We were there for only a couple of hours. Imagine feeling that way every minute of everyday of your life.

On the other hand, I do not condone people playing the color card all the time, or the "Black Anger". To achieve a truly "colorless" society, it has to start somewhere. We the minorities need to be the ones who do not see ourselves as minorities first, and the rest will eventually follow.

Really good post Mr. M! :up:

NC-BILLS44
01-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Excellent assessment Mr. M.

Is there even something called reverse racism? I thought it was just called racism.

Tatonka
01-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Here is how I look at this. I dont mind it at all if SS jokes around like that because I can take a joke and that is all it was, but I will agree if the tables were turned people would freak out.

i dont mind jokes either.. it just pisses me off that if i or anyone who is white was to turn that joke around, i/they would be called a racist, when that is the furthest thing from the truth. it is a double standard.. just like a black using the N bomb in any context, mad, happy, joking, whatever.. but any other race uses the N work in any context, and expect a fight.

it is just silly.. this is the nfl we are talking about.. i dont give a crap what color our coaches or any of our players are.. i just want a team that wins.

DraftBoy
01-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Well said MM

LtBillsFan66
01-07-2004, 01:16 PM

I too feel funny when walking through Chinatown.

It's one of the few places I'm taller than everyone.

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 01:37 PM
It's one of the few places I'm taller than everyone.
Maybe you should step down from the milk crates then.

NC-BILLS44
01-07-2004, 01:42 PM

:lol:

Gunzlingr
01-07-2004, 01:48 PM

Me too, not only were there people of German decent, but of some Norwegian, Swedish, and English decent too. ;) Central SD is not known for it's ethnic diversity.

LtBillsFan66
01-07-2004, 01:52 PM

Oh what!? Yow Ming goes to the NBA and all of a sudden Chinamen are tall?

Gunzlingr
01-07-2004, 02:03 PM
it is just silly.. this is the nfl we are talking about.. i dont give a crap what color our coaches or any of our players are.. i just want a team that wins.

:up: I don't care what color they are either, as long as their not gay.

:jk:

Tatonka
01-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
:up: I don't care what color they are either, as long as their not gay.

:jk:

:lol:

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 03:18 PM

Oh what!? Yow Ming goes to the NBA and all of a sudden Chinamen are tall?
I'm a Chinaman and I bet I'm taller than you.

LtBillsFan66
01-07-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm a Chinaman and I bet I'm taller than you.

Yeah, right!

Bufftp
01-07-2004, 03:56 PM

:UP: Mr. M

Rude American
01-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Remember the show Benson? There just aren't enough white shows with black butlers anymore. jk!

And what about BET? Now THAT pisses me off. If the honkeys came out with WET there'd be **** hittin' fans everywhere. You can bet on it.

Voltron
01-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Benson was the Lt. Govornor you dolt :D

We have a TV network .... It's called CMT

:snicker:

Rude American
01-07-2004, 04:26 PM
he wasn't the butler? Well then what about soap. Robert Guillaume was definitely a butler on that show.

Voltron
01-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Yes on SOAP he was the butler :up:

And I wonder why I can't lose weight when I am a walking TV encyclopedia :shakeno:

Gunzlingr
01-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I get pissed when you see all-black rodeos (who the hell wants to be in a rodeo anyway), all black colleges, etc. too. I guarantee that there would be hell to pay if there were all white events.

Voltron
01-07-2004, 04:39 PM
They do have all white events.

It is called Youth Hockey ;)

:snicker:

WagonCircler
01-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
he wasn't the butler? Well then what about soap. Robert Guillaume was definitely a butler on that show.

The last few years of the show, the Gov. appointed Benson Lt. Gov.

I'm embarassed to know that. Misspent youth.

ublinkwescore
01-07-2004, 05:25 PM

Surely you didn't forget to consider the source, did you T?

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
I get pissed when you see all-black rodeos (who the hell wants to be in a rodeo anyway), all black colleges, etc. too. I guarantee that there would be hell to pay if there were all white events.
It's called a ho-down. :snicker:

BuffaloRanger
01-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Are you all forgetting that Brian (I hate Buffalo) Cox said the only reason Keith Brookings from Atlanta was considered a good LB is because he was white. This was a week before the Rush thing. Reaction: Crickets, Crickets.

Why do Blacks dominate sports and why are we afraid to talk about it?

juice
01-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey watch it Buddy, Jimmy the Greek got into genetics and such and got excommunicated. Cox isn't taken that seriously by the League.
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Are you all forgetting that Brian (I hate Buffalo) Cox said the only reason Keith Brookings from Atlanta was considered a good LB is because he was white. This was a week before the Rush thing. Reaction: Crickets, Crickets.

Why do Blacks dominate sports and why are we afraid to talk about it?

Voltron
01-07-2004, 09:32 PM
What Jimmy said was just plain wrong just as what Scott said was wrong. I am still seeing a double standard here and I just don't understand how anyone could put up with it!

Halbert
01-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I don't know this SS guy so there might be a context I'm missing, but I don't think what he said was any big deal. If we didn't have remnants of real racist perspectives that we haven't yet fully purged, this would be a simple mildly amusing comment.

Then again, I didn't see any big deal with what Rush said. Other than he was wrong, because I think he missed the target with his promote-the-black-guy observation. If it was anybody it was Steve McNair, whose deserved co-MVP this season notwithstanding was clearly over hyped early in his career. But Rush had a point that didn't seem racist at all to me. He might have even known exactly what he was doing, which would be brialliant from a pure entertainment perspective.

Mark that down because it may be a loooong time before I give Rush credit for anything other than intentionally outrageous entertainment.

SoCalBillsFan
01-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Cox isn't taken that seriously by the League.

And Rush is? give me a break!

HUGE double standard juice, sorry!

The rediculous thing is that Rush's point may have been wrong in the case of McNabb, but is it really that crazy to suggest that something like that could happen? Not at all. If it was someone else, it wouldn't have cost them their job.

BuffaloRanger
01-07-2004, 11:34 PM
"I think there should be more black QBs in the NFL. Why aren't blacks given an equal opportunity to play QB? It's racism. Pure and simple."

Agree??

Now....

Replace the word black with white and QB with RB. There's not one white RB (not FB) in the league. Interesting.

juice
01-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
And Rush is? give me a break!

HUGE double standard juice, sorry!

The rediculous thing is that Rush's point may have been wrong in the case of McNabb, but is it really that crazy to suggest that something like that could happen? Not at all. If it was someone else, it wouldn't have cost them their job.

Cox saying an average player is average is his job, Rush calling a top 3 QB in the league average and suggesting he's overhyped by the Black loving media is Racism. Rush is not an analyst.

Voltron
01-08-2004, 08:21 AM
TOP 3 :lol: :spit: :rofl:

KEEP DREAMING

1. Farve
2. Manning
3. Vick

So you would put DM infront of any of those 3? Gimmie a break!

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Good conversation but not Bills related...off to the NFL zone

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2004, 08:41 AM

KEEP DREAMING

1. Farve
2. Manning
3. Vick

What? You mean Bledsoe isn't in the top 3? :couch:

juice
01-08-2004, 09:05 AM

KEEP DREAMING

1. Farve
2. Manning
3. Vick

Manning isn't even the MVP of his own team, Farve needs to retire, because he will never smell the SB, and Vick ,my boy, has only proven he can run. Mcnabb is like a bigger version of Vick but a proven winner and leader.

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Manning isn't even the MVP of his own team, Farve needs to retire, because he will never smell the SB, and Vick ,my boy, has only proven he can run. Mcnabb is like a bigger version of Vick but a proven winner and leader.

When the Iggles get to a SB then McNabb is a proven winner...right now he is a very good QB...nothing more.

juice
01-08-2004, 09:31 AM
When the Iggles get to a SB then McNabb is a proven winner...right now he is a very good QB...nothing more.

But is Manning MVP of his own team and will Farve ever see a superbowl? Vanderjack/Harrison

juice
01-08-2004, 09:32 AM

I just dont see a weakness in his game, Whats his winning %

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 09:41 AM
But is Manning MVP of his own team and will Farve ever see a superbowl? Vanderjack/Harrison

Favre already won one SB and lost another...:huh:

Yes, Manning is the MVP...Harrison can't throw the ball to himself and Vanderjagt only kicked a couple of game winning FGs...again, he doesn't do anything to put the team in a position for him to kick the FG.

Bulldog
01-08-2004, 09:56 AM

Cox saying an average player is average is his job, Rush calling a top 3 QB in the league average and suggesting he's overhyped by the Black loving media is Racism. Rush is not an analyst.

Cox didn't just say Brooking was average. He said he was overrated because he was white. What is the difference between what Cox said and what Rush said? I love how you seem to completely side step the difficult questions Juice.

Bulldog
01-08-2004, 09:59 AM

Now all the sudden you can predict the future. Last time I checked the Packers were still in the playoffs. By the way, compare Mannings numbers to McNabbs and let me know how the comparision goes. I am a huge Syracuse fan and think McNabb is a tremendous QB, but honestly his numbers don't compare to Mannings.

Voltron
01-08-2004, 10:20 AM
What color is the Sky in your little world Juice ? :snicker:

The Spaz
01-08-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm starting to wonder if juice is the racist one!

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm starting to wonder if juice is the racist one!

not knowing that Favre had won a SB I am starting to wonder how old juice is.

SoCalBillsFan
01-08-2004, 12:30 PM

Cox saying an average player is average

Brooking is average? The pro-bowl linebacker? Maybe we should start calling you racist juice!?! What cox and rush did are exactly the same thing. exactly! Cox said brooking is overrated because he is white. rush said mcnabb is overrated because he is black. what is the difference? Explain it to me juice, I'd really like to know.

You might disagree with rush. obviously you do, and guess what, so do I! I think mcnabb is a good qb (though not top 3). But that doesn't mean rush is a racist. He expressed an opinion that is not so far out of the realm of reality. Do you think it would be impossible for the media to over-hype a black QB in a an era where there were few black qbs?

juice
01-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Brookings isn't Urlacker, and a pro bowl doesn't make him outstanding. Its not the stats over a season or two but the career. Look at DM numbers over his career, nothing but the truth. The difference is one of them IS overrated and the other can hardly be Questioned, Especially by Rush who was supposed to be the voice of the fans, the voice of those who are"far out of the realm of reality."
Originally posted by Bulldog
Cox didn't just say Brooking was average. He said he was overrated because he was white. What is the difference between what Cox said and what Rush said? I love how you seem to completely side step the difficult questions Juice.

I'm not saying what he said was right or wrong just accurate more than I can say for Rushes assessment. Do you agree with RUSH??

juice
01-08-2004, 02:13 PM
not knowing that Favre had won a SB I am starting to wonder how old juice is.

Maybe I should say another SB if thats what he's waiting on to retire. But Favre I like he's better than Manning. Thats right give me favre over Payton because farve has heart and I dont think Peyton is as effective outside of that system and the trplets. His Line, James and Harrison.

Voltron
01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
So what you are saying is that everyone is alowed to have an opinion ....... as long as it is the same as yours :rolleyes:

juice
01-08-2004, 07:29 PM
So what you are saying is that everyone is alowed to have an opinion ....... as long as it is the same as yours :rolleyes:

STuart Scott-Sports Anylysts Brian Cox sports anylysts Rush Limbaw- Political radio talkshow host. Whats he doin' on ESPN Why not bring Farrakhan on and ask him about NFL coaching hiring practices or minority owners "Lack of interest"

SoCalBillsFan
01-08-2004, 08:35 PM
[B

I'm not saying what he said was right or wrong just accurate more than I can say for Rushes assessment. Do you agree with RUSH?? [/B]

No, i don't! I think mcnabb is good. I've said that this whole discussion. But that's irrellevant! It doesn't matter if he was right or wrong, the fact is that a double standard exists. brian Cox and Rush can make the same type of statement. Rush gets fired, while no one gives a hoot about what cox said. That's the issue here! Not whether you agree with him, but whether there is a double standard. And there is. You haven't given a single reason to prove otherwise besides the fact that you disagree with him on the point. WOuld you fire everyone you disagree with?

SoCalBillsFan
01-08-2004, 08:36 PM
and guess what- once rush got hired at ESPN, he became a sports analyst. Not like it matters anyway in this discussion. You and I arent sports analysts, yet we are talking abou it arent we...

juice
01-08-2004, 09:12 PM
and guess what- once rush got hired at ESPN, he became a sports analyst. Not like it matters anyway in this discussion. You and I arent sports analysts, yet we are talking abou it arent we...

But not on ESPN, some people care about his political views, not many, besides you care about his sports views, Which were wrong and politically motivated.

SoCalBillsFan
01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
you're still sidestepping the issue! Why is what he said wrong but what cox said acceptable? Or what you said about manning for that manner?

I think your view about manning being the MVP because he was one of the only white candidates is wrong and politically motivated. You are doing the same thing as Rush! How is it any different?

Halbert
01-08-2004, 10:46 PM
It's not whether you're right or wrong, it's whether I'M right or wrong.

BuffaloRanger
01-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Cox said Brookings was overrated because he was white.

Rush said the media overhypes McNabb because they want to see a black QB be successful.

Do you see the difference?

Rush criticized the MEDIA for overhyping a QB, whose team did very well without him last year, and was horrible in the first 2 games. He didn't say DM didn't deserve to be in the NFL. He didn't insinuate that he was only considered good because he was black. He was saying that the media forces DM down fans throats more then they do Manning, etc.

BuffaloRanger
01-08-2004, 11:17 PM
The only reason there are sensitivities to race in sports is because whites feel threatened that black athletes dominate most sports.

Blacks are insulted, because they think it lessens their accomplishments. It doesn't.

Being black doesn't automatically make you a better athlete. That is an oversimplified stereotype.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Being black doesn't automatically make you a better athlete. That is an oversimplified stereotype.
Agreed.

The only reason there are sensitivities to race in sports is because whites feel threatened that black athletes dominate most sports.
What??? Nonsense.

juice
01-09-2004, 08:18 PM
you're still sidestepping the issue! Why is what he said wrong but what cox said acceptable? Or what you said about manning for that manner?

I think your view about manning being the MVP because he was one of the only white candidates is wrong and politically motivated. You are doing the same thing as Rush! How is it any different?

What Rush said was WRONG because McNabb is once again in the Pro Bowl, and the view about Manning was the flip side of someone else's view on sympathy votes for Black athletes. Doesn't make it fact but another viewpoint.

juice
01-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Cox said Brookings was overrated because he was white.

Rush said the media overhypes McNabb because they want to see a black QB be successful.

Do you see the difference?

Rush criticized the MEDIA for overhyping a QB, whose team did very well without him last year, and was horrible in the first 2 games. He didn't say DM didn't deserve to be in the NFL. He didn't insinuate that he was only considered good because he was black. He was saying that the media forces DM down fans throats more then they do Manning, etc.

Rush would have had a better arguement if he would have said Vick instead of McNabb. McNabb is a proven top Five QB and has no Moss or Harrison. Vick is the media sweetheart of black QB's. And we may have been desensitized to Manning, you've been spoonfed him since he left HS and now here comes his little Bro.

The Spaz
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM

Rush would have had a better arguement if he would have said Vick instead of McNabb. McNabb is a proven top Five QB and has no Moss or Harrison. Vick is the media sweetheart of black QB's. And we may have been desensitized to Manning, you've been spoonfed him since he left HS and now here comes his little Bro.

You feel threatened by the future....

juice
01-09-2004, 09:05 PM
You feel threatened by the future....

Only if he falls out of the first round

The Spaz
01-09-2004, 09:07 PM

Only if he falls out of the first round

He's still coming to the NFL along with "Big Ben".