X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

fassel, gibbs in dc and why even interview mularkey

I was all set to right about how fassel could go to dc. i never really believed ray rhodes was the # 1 prospect.

Then espn says the wash post has joe gibbs coming out of retirement to coach the skins !!!!! Say what ?

Now where does that leave fassel i say either with the cards or bills ...i say fassel looked like a guy who loves arizona and can build a team from the ground up(-draft eli manning) or a guy who wants to win right in nyc face...... My gut tells me that he is headed to arizona.....Remember he is a west coast guy .. coached at utah grew up in colorado i believe ?

Now where does that leave the bills ...A ha ----- Mike mularkey....
    yes as bad as my gut is feeling right now .. this could be our next head case or i mean head coach.......

Mularkey - to me is the least qualified of all the guys we have interviewed.. besides jerry gray-7 yr coach in nfl 3 yrs coord....no head coach experience ...doesn't seem like a true leader....

My peferences are in order
    1. fassel
    2. crennel-over 15 yrs in nfl- coache on superbowl teams...
    winners.......at that-has good sidline presence
    3.weis-over 15 yrs in nfl creative off coord.- bright guy who seems very capable
    4.lovie smith-young tough coach only 6 years in nfl up and comer
    players really respect him just read the link or ask london fletcher

i would love for the bills to bring in haslett ,saban or frentz but i just don't see it happening . our best bet would be for the pats to lose this weekend the maybe crennel and weis will get a second interview. Hiring mularkey would remind me of the jack del rio and mike tice hirings. guys who are average asst coaches getting head jobs when their are better canidates out there...

Let start praying now that ralph says no and fassel or some else other than mularkey is hired....

Go Bills

Bmax....:badangel:http:www.superbowl.com/playoffs/story/6984933 -lovie link
    Last edited by Bmax; 01-06-2004, 11:24 PM.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i truely cant believe that mularky will even be a serious consideration.. his offense had ONE good season for pit.. that is it.. i wouldnt worry about him.. but then again.. Greg Williams sure did sneak up on us all.. ugh..

any of the coordinators is fine..

i am sure that we will know relatively soon.. either he hires fassel.. or i would say that weiss is our guy.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I really want Ferentz but it looks like I will just have to go with Weiss.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i truely cant believe that mularky will even be a serious consideration.. his offense had ONE good season for pit.. that is it.. i wouldnt worry about him.. but then again.. Greg Williams sure did sneak up on us all.. ugh..

any of the coordinators is fine..

i am sure that we will know relatively soon.. either he hires fassel.. or i would say that weiss is our guy.
        And that good offensive season was one in which all he did was run Gilbride's offense with fewer checkdowns for the QB to worry about. He dumbed it down, basically. Kordell wasn't smart enough to run it.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
          • Jul 2002

I've always wanted Gibbs but I thought he was done coaching. He must need a new pit crew and wants to pick up some extra cash.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
          X