X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Redskins No longer looking for a Head Coach

For the second consecutive year, something unthinkable happens in the coaching ranks.

High-level Redskins sources told SportsLine.com that Washington Redskins great Joe Gibbs has accepted a deal to become the Redskins new head coach. Terms of the deal were not immediately available, but the sources said he accepted late Tuesday.

Gibbs owns a small percentage of the Atlanta Falcons and would have to surrender his shares with the team, but he has already discussed the solution with Falcons owner Arthur Blank.

In addition to his acceptance of a deal, Redskins sources also told SportsLine.com that Gibbs has already met with and signed former Bills head coach Gregg Williams to become his new defensive coordinator. Williams was the hottest defensive coordinator on the open market and was previously set to fly to New York on Friday to interview with Tom Coughlin.
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I beleived everything up until the last paragraph. This is a bunch of hooey.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

In a stunning move, Joe Gibbs will return as coach of the Washington Redskins, a team he led to three Super Bowl titles.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Like everything on the web is true.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I heard that Bobby LaBonte will be Gibbs' DC, and Tony Stewart his OC.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Knowing Snyder it would not shock me...but it must be a bucket load of money...Gibbs last year said he would never coach anything again because he loved NASCAR too much.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              Knowing Snyder it would not shock me...but it must be a bucket load of money...Gibbs last year said he would never coach anything again because he loved NASCAR too much.
              They said that he had to sell his ownership of the Falcons first and then is probably getting at least $4 million a year from Snyder.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
                They said that he had to sell his ownership of the Falcons first and then is probably getting at least $4 million a year from Snyder.
                Man must love football.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Gregg is the new DC of the Skins

Looking for link...

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Last edited by LtBillsFan66; 01-07-2004, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

G-dubs has serious defensive talent to work with. I bet he does well.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I heard this too. I don't have a link on GW but it's reported that the Skins are luring Joe Gibbs out of NASCAR and return to football to be their coach, with BIG money. If Gibbs comes back, his DC would be GW.

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

hes a great coordinator no doubt, he did well in tennesee. Hes just not HC material. Hes a lifetime DC.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Glad he's not with the Jets!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              I heard this too. I don't have a link on GW but it's reported that the Skins are luring Joe Gibbs out of NASCAR and return to football to be their coach, with BIG money. If Gibbs comes back, his DC would be GW.
                              Check out my post.... http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...threadid=35846

Comment

Working...
                              X