Dick Jauron is the new LEADING CANDIDATE for the Bills job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Dick Jauron is the new LEADING CANDIDATE for the Bills job...

Buffalo: League sources say Fassel's interview with the Bills general manager Tom Donahoe on Tuesday did not vault him into the favorite's role in Buffalo, even though Fassel reportedly was asked to stay and continue his interview Wednesday morning.

There are some indications that former Bears head coach Dick Jauron has emerged as the Bills' leading candidate. Donahoe was said to be very impressed with Jauron, who met with the Bills on Monday. Donahoe has made it known he would like to hire an experienced NFL head coach, if possible, because he's wary of going the opposite route, as he did three years ago when he gave Gregg Williams his first head coaching job.

Donahoe also is scheduled to interview Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey on Wednesday morning, although it's unclear whether that meeting will be impacted by Fassel's decision to stay over.

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I do not want Jauron!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I believe Jauron would be a good choice. He's gotten the shaft in Chicago

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I don't know why, but I'm beginning to wonder if TD fell for Weis and really wants to wait for him, no matter how long it takes. The Super Bowl is February 1st. If the Pats went to the Super bowl, our staff would be TERRIBLE! No one would be left.

I say, sign Fassel TODAY or maybe Jauron. We need someone with experience.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Jouron is Fassel lite...and we don't even know what DJ has because of the situation in Chicago.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

I'm starting to like Dick!

A few years back, he went 13-3 in Chi-town and never had talent!
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Patrick76777

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

A few years back, he went 13-3 in Chi-town and never had talent!
                Talentless Dick....

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Guys who went to WSW don't like dick...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                    • Oct 2002

LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I hope TD is not hiring by notebook detail/organization again. DJ, based on the ONE criterion that should count - his record as a head coach - is a bigger loser than Fassel.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

Oh Please no! His biggest fault in Chicago was hiring staff and refusing to take play calling away from his stupid OC schoop!

Can you say Dejavue all over again!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

If you think Gilbride drove us nuts, wait until you get a look at a Jauron offense.

He is the worst choice of all the candidates mentioned to date. In that playoff year in Chicago, they were one of the luckiest teams I have ever seen, literally stealing games from the 49ers and Browns, among others. It took him half a season to figure out that Urhlacher was a MLB, not a OLB.

But...... he does come from the Holmgren / Walsh blood line of coaches. He did spend a year in Buffalo UNDER HANK BULLOUGH! And Jim Miller was the best QB he had in Chicago

He is a classy guy with a great sideline demeanor. Gives the most boring press conferences ever (very stone faced and holds cards close to the vest).

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Dick gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on my insides.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

Working...
                              X