PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron is the new LEADING CANDIDATE for the Bills job...

Michael82
01-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Buffalo: League sources say Fassel's interview with the Bills general manager Tom Donahoe on Tuesday did not vault him into the favorite's role in Buffalo, even though Fassel reportedly was asked to stay and continue his interview Wednesday morning.

There are some indications that former Bears head coach Dick Jauron has emerged as the Bills' leading candidate. Donahoe was said to be very impressed with Jauron, who met with the Bills on Monday. Donahoe has made it known he would like to hire an experienced NFL head coach, if possible, because he's wary of going the opposite route, as he did three years ago when he gave Gregg Williams his first head coaching job.

Donahoe also is scheduled to interview Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey on Wednesday morning, although it's unclear whether that meeting will be impacted by Fassel's decision to stay over.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/01/07/coaching.news/index.html

THATHURMANATOR
01-07-2004, 09:01 AM
I do not want Jauron!

clumping platelets
01-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I believe Jauron would be a good choice. He's gotten the shaft in Chicago

Michael82
01-07-2004, 09:05 AM
I don't know why, but I'm beginning to wonder if TD fell for Weis and really wants to wait for him, no matter how long it takes. The Super Bowl is February 1st. If the Pats went to the Super bowl, our staff would be TERRIBLE! No one would be left. :shakeno:

I say, sign Fassel TODAY or maybe Jauron. We need someone with experience.

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Jouron is Fassel lite...and we don't even know what DJ has because of the situation in Chicago.

Patrick76777
01-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm starting to like Dick!

A few years back, he went 13-3 in Chi-town and never had talent!

clumping platelets
01-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

:eek:

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 09:10 AM

Talentless Dick....:snicker:

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 09:10 AM

Guys who went to WSW don't like dick...:grind:

fabolouspaul
01-07-2004, 09:12 AM

:laughter:

Jan Reimers
01-07-2004, 09:17 AM
I hope TD is not hiring by notebook detail/organization again. DJ, based on the ONE criterion that should count - his record as a head coach - is a bigger loser than Fassel.

Novacane
01-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Oh Please no! His biggest fault in Chicago was hiring staff and refusing to take play calling away from his stupid OC schoop!

Can you say Dejavue all over again!

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2004, 09:21 AM
If you think Gilbride drove us nuts, wait until you get a look at a Jauron offense. :puke:

He is the worst choice of all the candidates mentioned to date. In that playoff year in Chicago, they were one of the luckiest teams I have ever seen, literally stealing games from the 49ers and Browns, among others. It took him half a season to figure out that Urhlacher was a MLB, not a OLB. :huh:

But...... he does come from the Holmgren / Walsh blood line of coaches. He did spend a year in Buffalo UNDER HANK BULLOUGH! :eek: And Jim Miller was the best QB he had in Chicago :eek:

He is a classy guy with a great sideline demeanor. Gives the most boring press conferences ever (very stone faced and holds cards close to the vest).

Patrick76777
01-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Dick gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on my insides.

clumping platelets
01-07-2004, 09:27 AM
:yikes:

Ebenezer
01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Dick gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on my insides.

:eek:

don't ever say that again

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Gives the most boring press conferences ever (very stone faced and holds cards close to the vest).
Can you say GW?

Patrick76777
01-07-2004, 09:41 AM
I hear Dick has a big ego and loves to have it stroked! I wonder if TD is doing a good job of it, because I'd love to help stroke Dick!

Michael82
01-07-2004, 09:47 AM
:puke:

Earthquake Enyart
01-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Can you say GW?

GW would get rattled once in a while. Jauron talks in a monotone and never gets the slight bit emotional.

Pat, Dick is very stiff. :eek:

Patrick76777
01-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Well if we can get TD on top of Dick maybe after awhile he'll loosen up.

JJamezz
01-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I just hope he's hard on his players - we need some discipline around here...

:whip:

zone
01-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
GW would get rattled once in a while. Jauron talks in a monotone and never gets the slight bit emotional.

Pat, Dick is very stiff. :eek:

we need someone with emotion!

TigerJ
01-07-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm surprised. He's a defensive guy, so I don't think we really know what his offence in Buffalo will look like. It will depend on who the OC is. I wonder who really is available to be OC. I can't really comment on Jauron because I know nothing about him except for his record in Chicago.

Tatonka
01-07-2004, 12:25 PM
!

:lolcry:

The_Philster
01-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I'd say Patrick is starting to scare me but he scared me long ago. :ontome:

BillsFever
01-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Jauron probably agreed to be his little puppet and Fassell won't be.

That's the only way I see him suddenly jumping ahead of Fassell.

Personally I don't want either one of them. I was a Fassell fan up to this year, but seeing the way the Giants ran for the bus after about 8 games doesn't give me very much confidence in him anymore.

Nighthawk
01-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Wow, if TD hires Jauron or Weis...I will totally change my mind about him. I felt he was good GM, but if he goes the cheap route on this one (because that has to be what it is, what other reason can there be?) I will totally lose respect for this man! Jauron is a proven leader with a history of bad hires and bad offense....what the f*** does he bring to the table that GW didn't??? Weis is another coordinator who looks good under a great coach in Belicheck. Tell me where the excitement or the bright side is to either of those choices??? Oh, and Mularcky...he's not even worth discussing.

Nighthawk
01-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Actually that should be "a proven loser"...don't know what the hell I was thinking. Sorry!!!

don137
01-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Patrick is starting to sound like a fin fan....

Turf
01-07-2004, 07:34 PM
What the hell has Jauron ever done? I'd rather have Deon coach the team.

LABillsFan
01-07-2004, 08:10 PM
TD is uncomfortable with lack of experience unless he can find somebody from Pittsburg or a coach who won't steal the limelight. Fassell could be too strong where Juran isn't all that high on most lists making him a little bit more humble. I like TD as a Pres. and how he conducts himself, but as a GM, who should take a back seat, I have an uneasy feeling that his ego may get in the way. Worse yet, putting so much pressure on himself to find the right coach. He may interview too many which may not sit well with some. He's in deep doo doo.

baalworship
01-07-2004, 08:23 PM
I am starting to relax. I was worried that we would go after Fassel but now that he left town I think it's obvious. Charlie Weis aced his interview, has his coaches ready, and will be announced as soon as the Pats are eliminated.

There is this assumption that TD would only get a person with head coaching experience. That assumption appears wrong. If the Bills wanted Fassel TD would have signed him. TD is waiting for someone...

socalfan
01-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Well, the squeeze play was on....Couglin gone to the Giants, Weiss not available immediately and maybe Giant bound and Fassel as the last legitimate with experience. TD didn't bite on Fassel and Weiss is still without a HC job. So, it looks like we haven't done something really dumb yet. There are still candidates, our favorite is still available and there are still secondary choices available....especially since Gibbs went to the Redskins.
Thank you Gibbs.

Dozerdog
01-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by socalfan

Thank you Gibbs.

I I think I'm going to go to Home Depot tonight and buy a hammer-

Thanks Gibbs!

Demon
01-08-2004, 12:54 AM
I think Jauron is actually a pretty good coach. I'd prefer Fassel, but i wouldn't jump off a bridge if it's Jauron. He managed Bears to a 13 win season once, and last season he won like 6 or 7 games with Kordell Stewert at QB, anyone who wins that many which such garbage at QB has to be doing something right.

Historian
01-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
TD is uncomfortable with lack of experience unless he can find somebody from Pittsburg or a coach who won't steal the limelight. Fassell could be too strong where Juran isn't all that high on most lists making him a little bit more humble. I like TD as a Pres. and how he conducts himself, but as a GM, who should take a back seat, I have an uneasy feeling that his ego may get in the way. Worse yet, putting so much pressure on himself to find the right coach. He may interview too many which may not sit well with some. He's in deep doo doo.

While I agree with all your points LA, I still feel it all comes down to MONEY. An top flight experienced Coach is going to cost you a minimum of 3 mil per year, whereas the promotion of a coordinator or a second tier coach is only going to cost you a little over one mil.

My guess is that Ralph has given him a budget, and whatever he saves, he pockets as a bonus.

LABillsFan
01-08-2004, 11:58 AM
That is an option I did not think of which doesn't sit well with me either. Like the ol' saying goes, you get what you pay for.

The_Philster
01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
That is an option I did not think of which doesn't sit well with me either. Like the ol' saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Just means that Ralph is going to have to be willing to spend some money to get a real coach this time.

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
I believe Jauron would be a good choice. He's gotten the shaft in Chicago

:shakeno: