Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I am sorry...you will not convince me...the problem is not in goal

Take a look at this teams record...

When scoring 0 or 1 goal they are 0-15-1
    When scoring 2 goals they are 2-3-2
    When scoring 3 goals they are 4-0-1
    When scoring 4 or more goals they are 9-1-0

I don't care if you put Hasek and Dryden, in their hay-days, in net together...if you score 1 goal or less you cannot win games.

I've been saying it since Hasek left, the problem with the Sabres is not in net...SCORE MORE GOALS. If this team averages 2.5 goals a game they probably win the division...plain and simple.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

To add to what Ebenezer says, the other major problem is the defense. Most of the goals we give up are not hard-earned goals, they are defensive screw-ups or breakdowns. It's hard to convince people you need a defensive-first team, when they have little defense to speak of.

Comment

• Sabre11
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
      To add to what Ebenezer says, the other major problem is the defense. Most of the goals we give up are not hard-earned goals, they are defensive screw-ups or breakdowns. It's hard to convince people you need a defensive-first team, when they have little defense to speak of.
      Could this be a problem similiar to the Bills? As in, we are going to play a system, no matter what. Even though we don't have the personnel to run this particular system. Damn it, we are going to run it until I die or get fired.

Comment

• fushetti
        President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
        • Feb 2003

I dunno, i think our defensive system is alright. We don't have the horses up front. I wish Darcy would sprinkle in some savvy veterans (for example, back in the Panthers hayday they had Brian Skrudland, Tampa with Andreychuk). Scoring and some veteran leadership and i think things would be alot better.
        "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
        Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

SCORE MORE GOALS.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

I think in the Montreal game, we were lacking in defense alot, mainly because patrick was out...well thats what i think at least......
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

to add more stats,

When Allowing 10-15 Shots 8-0-1-0
              When Allowing 15-20 Shots 4-4-1-0
              When Allowing 20-35 Shots 3-8-1-1
              When Allowing 35+ Shots 1-8-1-0
              Last edited by SkateZilla; 01-07-2004, 02:49 PM.
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                I think in the Montreal game, we were lacking in defense alot, mainly because patrick was out...well thats what i think at least......
                Nah, it's a problem almost every game.

To what Sabre11 said, you're right---It's "Play this way, or else". Players get waived and traded, not to mention publicly ridiculed, but Ruf****He's safe. The Bills were wise to can Williams' ass, but the Sabres don't seem like they'd ever fire Lindy.

Comment

• Sabre11
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  SCORE MORE GOALS.
                  THAT'S it!!!!! Holy *****!!! You cracked the case!!!
                  Joe Pesci My Cousin Vinny...

Comment

Working...
                  X