X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

I hate to say it, but I think Donahoe dropped the ball on Tom Coughlin

I was just watching his press conference on the NFL Network. And all I gotta say is...WOW! He is very prepared and sounded like he still has a lot of fire left in him. His answers were swift and he seemed like a tough guy at times. He also seemed to know what he was talking about. This is what I wish we had....

"Must be about the restoration of our pride and return the energy and passion of our football. From a techincal standpoint, Effort must be returned and shown. Football is a tough game played by tough people. We must control both lines of scriminage. We must run the football and stop the run."

"Must eliminate turnovers. More games are lost than won. Eliminate penalties. Special teams, and field position must be a catalyst. The players want details, disicpline, and goals. My job is to convince the players that the difference in this age of parity is in the preparation."
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Don't all press conferences sound pretty much the same. It's just gameday actions I pay attention to.
    Last edited by The Spaz; 01-07-2004, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I hate to say I told ya so...but...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Don't all press conferences sound pretty muh the same. It's just gameday actions I pay attention to.
        Yeah, but do you remember listening to Gregg's? He was too busy bashing our defense and saying that his was better. He also did not look confident. Coughlin looks confident and looks and sounds like a coach should.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          I hate to say I told ya so...but...
          TD should get the blame for this, DEFINITELY! He is dragging his feet in it and seems to be in love with Weis too much. Interviews should not be the main thing you look for. Look what happen last time.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mike32282

Yeah, but do you remember listening to Gregg's? He was too busy bashing our defense and saying that his was better. He also did not look confident. Coughlin looks confident and looks and sounds like a coach should.
            I hear you on that though. Please get rid of Gregg Williams picture as your signature he is gone....ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

TD should get the blame for this, DEFINITELY! He is dragging his feet in it and seems to be in love with Weis too much. Interviews should not be the main thing you look for. Look what happen last time.
              We don't know what he is looking for this time around though. It could be organization it could be game plannign and it could be certain schemes who knows. I'm not going to blame TD until when or if this coach turns out to suck.

Comment

• Indy Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Williams was well prepared 3 years ago. Didn't do him any good. Except he was ALOT more arrogant than TC sounds.

Comment

• mackey789
                  • Jul 2002

you want gilbride here for another 4 years? i dont think so

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

um... TD never had a chance to even interveiw Tom Coughlin... the Bills were the next team on his "to visit" list... and the giants locked him in a room and hammered out a contract.

How did TD drop the ball?
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                      um... TD never had a chance to even interveiw Tom Coughlin... the Bills were the next team on his "to visit" list... and the giants locked him in a room and hammered out a contract.

How did TD drop the ball?
                      They didn't try to bring him in, did they? I heard that they weren't planning on bringing him in until this week. Why is that? He should have been one of the first ones in last week. Before he went back to the Giants for 2nd interview

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

As long as we got you here, what are you hearing about the Bills job? Is Fassel their #1 choice? After Mularkey is done today, does that conclude the interview process? Or are there more candidates?

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

They didn't try to bring him in, did they? I heard that they weren't planning on bringing him in until this week. Why is that? He should have been one of the first ones in last week. Before he went back to the Giants for 2nd interview
                          Jim Fassell was fired with 2 weeks left to go in the season so they could start looking earlier than we did.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Re: I hate to say it, but I think we dropped the ball on Tom Coughlin

I bet he won't drop the ball on Dick!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              Jim Fassell was fired with 2 weeks left to go in the season so they could start looking earlier than we did.
                              true, but TD knew he was going to be looking for a new coach and I bet he was seriously getting ready. Remember, Gregg's contract was done at the end of the season anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X