PDA

View Full Version : Bills will look for an experienced HC....my ante!

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Everyone and I believe including TD said that this time around we'd be looking for an experienced HC.

So far they interviewed:

Romeo Crennel
Charlie Weis
Jerry Gray
Jim Fassel
Dick Jaruon
Lovie Smith
and now Mike Mularky

Another GW experiment. :down:

The Spaz
01-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Dick Jauron was a HC as was Fassell.

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Yeah I know that but that's only 2 out of 7. :mad:

JJamezz
01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
TD never actually said that AFAIK - it was an assumption by some media outlet that started making the rounds and got blown out of proportion. TD did say something to the effect that it's always preferable to have someone with HC experience, but it's not a necessity.

Also, who else is out there realistically? He had Coughlin set up for an interview - Green is the only other viable ex-HC I can think of offhand.

cordog
01-07-2004, 11:37 AM
How much experience did Lewis have this year? What about Fox? It took him 2 years to get deeper in the playoffs then the Bills have been in 9 years. Coaching experience is a little overrated.

Michael82
01-07-2004, 11:48 AM
From his original press conference....

Do you have a profile for the new head coach? Would you him to have head-coaching experience in the NFL?

"It's always nice if you can get that. But I don't want to say we need 'A, B, C, D' to have a head coach. I think we need to have the right head coach. I've got to do a better job of doing that this time around. We have to do it objectively. We have to do it with an open mind. I don't think we can necessarily put x amount of criteria on it and say, 'this is what we have to have."

And then this one makes me believe there might still be more candidates and interviews...

You've often said that Gregg blew you away in his interview for the job. In hindsight, do you think that will change your perception of what you need to do to find the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills?

"Let me say this about the interview process: Unless you guys and ladies sit in on the interview process, you have no idea who says what. And you have no idea who is interested in the job and who isn't. I have to decide that. I'm the person who is responsible for making that decision. I have to make a better decision this time than I made the last time. As far as the interview process, it will be thorough, it will be complete and we will adhere to the rules of the Diversity Committee and we will do it the right way. It will take as much time as we feel it takes to get the right head coach."