PDA

View Full Version : What about the Asst. Coaches?

LABillsFan
01-07-2004, 11:55 AM
There are still a number of coahing possibilities left for TD to chose from since Coughlin is the only to have signed. Gibbs came out of nowhere to take the Redskins job and the rest are waiting for the best offer. With the list of OC's and DC's that are in the playoffs, I'm not sure we'll see that many more signed until their teams lose. Denny Green, Fossil, Juran, Reeves etc. have the experience but even Arizonia is waiting to make a decision.

What I am concerned about is who would Weiss, Smith, Crennel etc. bring on as assistants. This is where the lack of experience or being in the playoffs may hurt them, at least Coughlin, and Gibbs have the resume to get the best available, the rest will have to scramble after the playoffs. No OC guru would take the job with a first time HC ( see GW ) so that leaves a QB coach, an Asst. OC or an OC from the college ranks. I'm not to comforable with the thought of the Bills running the option or wishbone at this time.

Novacane
01-07-2004, 12:20 PM
One of the reasons I think we should get someone in here. Waiting for Weis could take another 3 1/2 weeks. Most of the good assistants could be taken by then. I

zone
01-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
I'm not to comforable with the thought of the Bills running the option or wishbone at this time.

T. Henry, Willis and Sam would look mighty scary in one though....

LABillsFan
01-07-2004, 08:01 PM
True, but the BCS title isn't what I'm looking for.