PDA

View Full Version : Question

LtBillsFan66
01-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Can Weiss or any other coordinator on a playoff team right now accept a head coaching position while they are still with their team?

Novacane
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
I don't think so. We are not allowed to talk to them until they are out of the playoffs so how could we offer them the job without contacting them.

I don't know for sure though.

LtBillsFan66
01-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I don't think so. We are not allowed to talk to them until they are out of the playoffs so how could we offer them the job without contacting them.

I don't know for sure though.

You ARE allowed to talk to them...

ArcticWildMan
01-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Even if they could, I doubt TD would "officially" offer the job. He's a stickler for procedure and integrity and would wait till that guy was done for the year so as not to distract the other team and it's playoff run.

Novacane
01-07-2004, 03:31 PM
You are? I thought only last week? I don't know then.

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2004, 03:31 PM
But it's the Patriots. Actually you WANT to distract them and make them lose.... :D

LtBillsFan66
01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Even if they could, I doubt TD would "officially" offer the job. He's a stickler for procedure and integrity and would wait till that guy was done for the year so as not to distract the other team and it's playoff run.

That's what I'm, thinking. If there is no announcement, then it's gotta be one of the coordinators.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
You are? I thought only last week? I don't know then.

Maybe... I don't know either...

Novacane
01-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
But it's the Patriots. Actually you WANT to distract them and make them lose.... :D

My thoughts exactly MM:laughter:

Especially if it's Weis we want. We need to get him in here next week to start filling out his staff before all the top people get jobs.

ArcticWildMan
01-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Weiss may have a staff all lined up. After all, it was rumored he was "organized" for the interview.

Could also explain why Grey and Krumrie are being allowed to go to Washington. If we release them, they can make lateral moves.

Just specualation on my part. Watch us hire Mularkey tomorrow :eek:

The Natrix
01-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Yeah, but if the Pats offense kicks ass all the way to a SB win, his value could increase even more.

Novacane
01-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

Just specualation on my part. Watch us hire Mularkey tomorrow :eek:

Really! Or watch TD hire someone that the press had no idea he was interviewing like Washington did.

Kirk Ferentz:pray:

Rude American
01-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Read more about Weiss here (http://www.nhl.com/lineups/player/8469457.html).

The_Philster
01-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
Read more about Weiss here (http://www.nhl.com/lineups/player/8469457.html).

:chuckle: Wrong Weiss
:welcome: back, Rude. Good to finally meet you. :up:

Rude American
01-07-2004, 04:27 PM
It seemed a little strange that we were considering hiring a hockey player barely out of his teens.

I'm glad you finally got to meet me. I'm proud of myself for not punching you in the stomach. jk. :D

Ya got that Jen girl's number? Send it to me via pm, ok?

The_Philster
01-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
Ya got that Jen girl's number? Send it to me via pm, ok?

Keep dreaming. :D