PDA

View Full Version : I demand more interviews, more candidates

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:18 PM
I believe that Donahoe is forcing his hand after the Coughlin hiring. He should relax and be more patient with the process rather than pulling the best of 7 in only a weeks time.

If Fassel is taken in AZ then so be it....the guy just isn't Bill's material. Juaron is a chump and truly hasn't any more talent than GW. Malurakey (sp?) is just another Pitt POS toss away that the Bills can't gamble on.

IMO, TD should wait on Charlie Weis and Lovie Smith for further evaluation. In the mean time, he should set up an interview with Matt Cavanaugh (OC of the Ravens), wait to see what the will be done with Bellick in Baltimore, interview Reeves, Levy and Callahan for ****'s and giggles, and obtain permission to speak with Eagles OC Brad Childress and Packers OC Tom Rossley once their seasons are respectablly over. Also look at a few college coaches, if for any reason but to seek out future/possible coaching talents.

Stopping now just eliminates options. So what if Fassell and Juaron are picked from the rotten tree of toss away coaches. Rash decisions will inevitably lead to horrific results. Play the game TD, wait for your hand to be dealt. Find us a TRUE winner not an equivalent replacement.

Novacane
01-07-2004, 05:25 PM
i dont think he is going to listen to your demand

The Natrix
01-07-2004, 05:25 PM
:bf1:

I couldn't agree more. Those available with head coaching experience are all crap, IMO. I honestly don't know how anyone could want Fassel the most when he has a lot of the same faults as GW.

Weis is more than ready to move into the head coaching ranks, as is Ferentz.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Last time he waited we got stuck with Gregg Williams.

I do like your idea of college coaches. Pete Carroll would look nice on the Bills sideline.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
i dont think he is going to listen to your demand

You're probably right. I think that release of Gray and Krumie is a sign that TD has already chosen someone in his head, and that someone already has a long list of coahes that they would like to bring with them.

The Natrix
01-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz

Yes, but the team was in disarray then. Now, most think the Bills are the most disireable place to go (Could argue Falcons)

I don't see how Buffalo wouldn't be Weis's first choice.

Don't let an isolated past experience greatly play into a decision.

:offtopic:
It would be stupid to pass on Volek, just because Rob Johnson didn't work out. That is the most stupid argument ever.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz

I do like your idea of college coaches. Pete Carroll would look nice on the Bills sideline.

True, but this year is seemingly different. Besides Coughlin the leading candidates that are currently available (not including the coaches still working in the playoffs) are just too ifffyyy. Might as well let things pan out.

Not sure how I feel about Pete Carroll? He looks good in USC and his past NE bumbles might have been due to lack of support from the NE front office at the time.

Dozerdog
01-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I believe that Donahoe is forcing his hand after the Coughlin hiring. He should relax and be more patient with the process rather than pulling the best of 7 in only a weeks time.

If Fassel is taken in AZ then so be it....the guy just isn't Bill's material. Juaron is a chump and truly hasn't any more talent than GW. Malurakey (sp?) is just another Pitt POS toss away that the Bills can't gamble on.

IMO, TD should wait on Charlie Weis and Lovie Smith for further evaluation. In the mean time, he should set up an interview with Matt Cavanaugh (OC of the Ravens), wait to see what the will be done with Bellick in Baltimore, interview Reeves, Levy and Callahan for ****'s and giggles, and obtain permission to speak with Eagles OC Brad Childress and Packers OC Tom Rossley once their seasons are respectablly over. Also look at a few college coaches, if for any reason but to seek out future/possible coaching talents.

Stopping now just eliminates options. So what if Fassell and Juaron are picked from the rotten tree of toss away coaches. Rash decisions will inevitably lead to horrific results. Play the game TD, wait for your hand to be dealt. Find us a TRUE winner not an equivalent replacement.

I disagree. He had to interview everyone in the past week because his competition had done so. I beleive he will wait for Weiss/Crennel/Smith.

I also agree that if I were in his shoes, I would not waste my time interviewing just for ****s and giggles. If Callaghan is of no interest- don't waste the time.

I'd be very happy with Weiss. Fassel I'm cold on, but it's better than GW. Mularkey would be a dissapointment.

Dozerdog
01-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
You're probably right. I think that release of Gray and Krumie is a sign that TD has already chosen someone in his head, and that someone already has a long list of coahes that they would like to bring with them.

Please tell me their great accomplishments-

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I disagree. He had to interview everyone in the past week because his competition had done so. I beleive he will wait for Weiss/Crennel/Smith.

I also agree that if I were in his shoes, I would not waste my time interviewing just for ****s and giggles. If Callaghan is of no interest- don't waste the time.

I'd be very happy with Weiss. Fassel I'm cold on, but it's better than GW. Mularkey would be a dissapointment.

No, I'm not doubting that he forced the interviews because he wanted to be competitive in the search. I'm saying wait things out. If you read what the media has been writing recently, TD has made his decision and will be choosing a new coach from the already interviewed. If that's waiting Weiss out, than so be it. In the mean time, while the wait is on, continue interviewing, expand options. Bringing more media hype to Buffalo by seeing more candidates might alleviate contract negotiations later with the his prime coaching choice. Why sit around with his thumb up his a** for 3 weeks?

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Please tell me their great accomplishments-

Zero Zilch None!!!!

..but if TD was just looking to bring in someone to "fill in" for Williams, he might have kept them there. The defense was the one true highlight from this season's miserable journey.

Devin
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Time is not a luxury we have.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Time is not a luxury we have.

And who would you choose to be the next Head Coach?

Devin
01-07-2004, 05:55 PM
apparently neither is decent coaches.

Devin
01-07-2004, 05:57 PM
of the 7? Fassell. I dont want him but of the 7, hes the one who least makes me want to vomit.

Overall? Probably Green or Coughlin, although id give Levy a shot.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 05:58 PM
apparently neither is decent coaches.

If you're referring to Fassel and Juaron, then I agree 110%.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
of the 7? Fassell. I dont want him but of the 7, hes the one who least makes me want to vomit.

Overall? Probably Green or Coughlin, although id give Levy a shot.

It sucks to get sloppy seconds doesn't it?

Devin
01-07-2004, 06:02 PM
well we didnt have much to work with this year, and of the 3 or 4 coaches who we should have interviewed immediatley TD interviewed none.

At this point nothing would shock me, tomorrow ill likely wake up and find hes named himself coach, with Steve Tasker as his OC.

Douchebag.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 06:06 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I had my heart set on Coughlin. Once he was pulled from the pile, the rest seemed like 30 day old cabbage. If the Bills go with Fassel because he is just the best thing available, then that just sucks. That's like picking the best dodge-ball player out of a bunch of 7 year old band geeks. Some will hang in the game a little longer then most, but in the end the results will inevitably be the same.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
well we didnt have much to work with this year, and of the 3 or 4 coaches who we should have interviewed immediatley TD interviewed none.

At this point nothing would shock me, tomorrow ill likely wake up and find hes named himself coach, with Steve Tasker as his OC.

Douchebag.

:rofl:

Devin
01-07-2004, 06:17 PM
if he waits what do we have to hope for? Saban or Carroll?

Id love to have Saban, not sold on Carroll yet but i dont think either will leave college.

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 06:24 PM
if he waits what do we have to hope for? Saban or Carroll?

Id love to have Saban, not sold on Carroll yet but i dont think either will leave college.

Personally, I'd rather have a coach with Pro experience. In the same breath, I do not want to see Fassel and Juaron in Buffalo red, white and blue. Reeves is humbly washed up. A Levy dissapointment might leave too many scars. Callahagn - ick*. I forget is Bellick staying in Baltimore or not? That leaves coordinators.

Who I'd like to see in order:

~ Charlie Weiss

~ Matt Cavanaugh

~ Tom Rossely

~ Brad Childress

RedEyE
01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
..and I think you're right about Pete Carroll and Nick Saban.