Make up your minds, people!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Make up your minds, people!!!!

1) Whiners who don't want a DC or an OC- NO EXPERIENCE!!!

2) Whiners who don't want college guys-

3) Whiners who don't want a fired retread- "LOSERS!"

Unlike this season's draft (which is deep) the coach pool is very shallow.

Fassel- 7 seasons- 2 great- the rest -BLAH! Mediocre
    Jauron- Another BLAH!

Coughlin- appears it was set in stone in december- no one had a shot at him- even if we interviewed him in October

Green- WC coach who has a lot of baggage. Not a good fit here

Saban & Ferentz- seem content to collect big bucks and have job security as long as they want- I'd love either but if I were them-I'd be happy sitting still for another year or two. Looking for the "perfect" situation. It's not like any other college guys got jobs around the league.

Levy- I'd consider him in an "advisor" role like LeBeau was- but not much more. Also- I want a guy who will be here 5 years from now- Levy is a band aide. Geesh- he says "I feel better than when I retired"- this from a guy who was in a body cast last month after an accident on vacation in Italy. (Tore up a knee or something)

That leaves us with the coordinators dujour- Weiss seems to have the most upside and versatility-

Don't pick a sucky head coach "just because we might lose out on good asistants". Hogwash. Get the best coach -period.

My god- If Weiss pulls another SB ring out of his ass and then becomes coach- people would whine "We had to wait 3 weeks"!
    I'd wait 3 weeks for a 2 time SB coordinator in the past 3 years.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I WANT WEIS!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Ummm, as I have said before...another coordinator who has gravytrained off of an excellent head coach's success. It's too scary for me. Plus, 3 weeks from now...who fills out his staff??? All of the DC & OC will be gone...where do his assistants come from? Granted this is assuming the Pats go the Super Bowl again.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

I don't know about Weiss, but Weis has been a pretty good OC in New England. :)

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I'm going to wait and see who TD picks before I get all pissed off.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

What's more important people? The best future Bills HC available or whomever will say yes so we can get a TE coach before Arizona does?

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              What's mor eimportant people? The best HC available or whomever will say yes so we can get a TE coach before Arizona does?
              EXACTLY. Plus, none of our original assistants are gone yet!

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

I think the Bills are in a good position. The arguement for a new coach bringing in a bunch of new coaches doesn't really ring true....it happens rarely.

Look at Cincinnati with Edwards, he didn't drop everyone, he kept most of the coaches and filled in where some left like Krummrie. And they had a great season for the Bengals.

We can wait for any of the coordinators whose teams are still in the playoffs.

Comment

• baalworship
                  • May 2003

I agree. The bad news is that we picked someone with no head coaching experience and they failed. The good news is that 2out of the 3 leading candidates went on and are looking good as head coaches. Would anyone be against John Fox or Marvin Lewis at this point? Hopefully, Weis will be in that group.

Weis is obviously smart. He must

1. Pick an awesome staff (Hopefully, he saw how much Parcells and Belichick put a priority on smart coaches all the way down the command line. )

2.Work with TD. I don't see this as a problem since it is obvious that TD is his boss.

3.Use his headset and make sure both coordinators work in tandem since this is a team game. Having brainpower at head coach means you must use it at critical times in the game. GW had football smarts but delegated too much and didn't bother showing up on gameday.

4. Win the Superbowl!

That's all I ask.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Ok, that was a stupid comment...I assumed that you would know that I was talking about an OC & DC. Go ahead, see how far the team goes without good coordinators, it didn't help GW's cause. We've done the coordinator thing...it didn't work. Usually coordinators (look at past history) take a few years to get their teams to the point of contending...is that what you're looking for??? Not me, I'm tired of waiting...it's time to show me something and that means bringing in somebody who has Head Coaching experience and has been a winner. I think TD has missed the boat on a few candidates and there really isn't much left. That doesn't let him off the hook...we are exactly where we didn't want to be. I'm sorry, but I'm not happy with who is left out there and I believe the Bills are probably going the cheap route.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Bellicheck- coordinator who won a SB in year 1

Martz- SB loss in year 2

Billick- SB win in year 2

I think the right coordinator can do it fairly quickly

Comment

• moogyman
                        • Oct 2002

Re: Make up your minds, people!!!!

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        1) Whiners who don't want a DC or an OC- NO EXPERIENCE!!!

2) Whiners who don't want college guys-

3) Whiners who don't want a fired retread- "LOSERS!"

Unlike this season's draft (which is deep) the coach pool is very shallow.

Fassel- 7 seasons- 2 great- the rest -BLAH! Mediocre
                        Jauron- Another BLAH!

Coughlin- appears it was set in stone in december- no one had a shot at him- even if we interviewed him in October

Green- WC coach who has a lot of baggage. Not a good fit here

Saban & Ferentz- seem content to collect big bucks and have job security as long as they want- I'd love either but if I were them-I'd be happy sitting still for another year or two. Looking for the "perfect" situation. It's not like any other college guys got jobs around the league.

Levy- I'd consider him in an "advisor" role like LeBeau was- but not much more. Also- I want a guy who will be here 5 years from now- Levy is a band aide. Geesh- he says "I feel better than when I retired"- this from a guy who was in a body cast last month after an accident on vacation in Italy. (Tore up a knee or something)

That leaves us with the coordinators dujour- Weiss seems to have the most upside and versatility-

Don't pick a sucky head coach "just because we might lose out on good asistants". Hogwash. Get the best coach -period.

My god- If Weiss pulls another SB ring out of his ass and then becomes coach- people would whine "We had to wait 3 weeks"!
                        I'd wait 3 weeks for a 2 time SB coordinator in the past 3 years.

all I can say is " AMEN " to that.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Ummm, sorry Dozerdog...Belicheck was Head Coach in Cleveland first and he did horrible! The Pats job was his second go around. The others I admit you have a point, but how long do you want to wait...1,2,3 years? How long are we, as Bills fans, going to keep saying, "hey maybe not this year, but next year I think we should be OK"? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of hearing that!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Give me a guy- any guy- who will pu this team in a SB in a season.

I want a million bucks- but it's not going to fall out of the trees in my yard

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Hey, like I've said in previous threads...I think that TD missed the boat on a couple of candidates who could have made a difference. Does that mean that they would have definitely got us to the SB...NO, but I'll take my chances on an established winner over a coordinator. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of the constant 3 year plans that the Bills seem to be on. I'm not saying that you can't be comfortable with that thinking, but I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                              X