• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's gonna be Weis.

Mark my words. Weiss is the man TD wants. If TD wanted Mularkey or Fassel, he would have offered them a contract by now.

Rumor is that TD was impressed with Weis. My bet is that less than 48 hours after the pats are knocked out (This weekend, I hope!), he will be our new coach.

It makes sense.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

I hope your right.

Byrd.

Comment

• socalfan
      Old Fogey from Cali
      • Feb 2003

Since the story is out that TD was impressed with Weiss but no news on the Crennel interview.....I would suppose that Crennel is in the mix.....isn't it TD's motis operendi to hide who he likes??

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Mark my words...we won't win & make the playoffs if Weis is hired. Look at past history...coordinators with no head coaching experience rarely make the playoffs their first year as "the man."

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          Mark my words...we won't win & make the playoffs if Weis is hired. Look at past history...coordinators with no head coaching experience rarely make the playoffs their first year as "the man."
          well I don't think we are making the playoffs next season, regardless of who is coaching.

Anyways, I hate your argument. Every head coach was a rookie at some point.

Byrd.

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

The reason why coaches with no head coaching experience do poorly their first year is because they inherit pretty bad teams. Buffalo will make the playoffs next year with Weis as head coach IF Bledsoe improves or is replaced.

We have the D players in place. All we need to do is have the team in the top 15 in scoring. Weis has a pretty good record with getting teams to score, regardless of whether they move the ball well. Remember, we also are in good shape cap wise and TD will be making some moves to improve the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Natrix, you hate my argument, but you have no counter argument...hmmm, interesting. Coordinators are like rookie QB's, they may become good in 3-4 years, but they rarely win in their first year. If you want to wait to win, that's your choice & opinion, but I'm tired of waiting.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Courtesy of dozerdog:

Martz- SB loss in year 2

Billick- SB win in year 2

I think the right coordinator can do it fairly quickly

....and then this year there is Lewis and Fox.
                Last edited by The Natrix; 01-07-2004, 09:25 PM.

Byrd.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Good argument...how many went to the playoffs their first year??? Yep, that's right...0! Belicheck was HC in Cleveland first and really was horrible, so that is a false argument.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Natrix, you hate my argument, but you have no counter argument...hmmm, interesting. Coordinators are like rookie QB's, they may become good in 3-4 years, but they rarely win in their first year. If you want to wait to win, that's your choice & opinion, but I'm tired of waiting.
                    would you rather be a first round playoff loser 3 years in a row or miss the playoffs for two years and then win it all? I think the choice is simple, especially for Bills fans.

Byrd.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Great attitude...like I've said before, I'm tired of being on the 3 year plan. It seems like we've been on it forever! Sorry, but I don't buy into that thinking.

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

Good argument...how many went to the playoffs their first year??? Yep, that's right...0! Belicheck was HC in Cleveland first and really was horrible, so that is a false argument.
                        what I can't understand is that you simply would rather have Fassel over Weis because he has HC experience. Is there any other things you like about Fassel. What don't you like about Weis? Who would you rather have if Weis had some HC experience?

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

Great attitude...like I've said before, I'm tired of being on the 3 year plan. It seems like we've been on it forever! Sorry, but I don't buy into that thinking.
                          This is not actually what I think would happen. In fact, I believe Weis would be more successful in his first year than Fassel would. Weis would do whatever it takes to win. Assuming Bledsoe stays, I am confident he would bring in a competent #2 QB and wouldn't hesitate to bench Bledsoe if he struggles (likely). Fassel on the other hand would never pull him, no matter how bad it gets. After all, he wouldn't want to lose his trademark of "turning QBs around."

Byrd.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Why do you like Weis so much? He has been under Belichek's coaching and it is that in which has guided the Pats to there record, not Weis. In fact, the Pats offense has not been that good this year. Do I love Fassel, no. Was he my first choice, no...I would have like Coughlin, I thought his discipline would have been a good fit for this team. However, Fassel made Collins look good and the Giants have been good on offense since he has been there. They had some injuries this past year that hurt. Plus, I like the fact that he took the team to the playoffs 3 years and a SB. Plus, he did this in New York City...not a very easy town to succeed in. Weis may be good, but I just don't think he is the right choice for this team, at this time.

Comment

• moogyman
                              • Oct 2002

hey, maybe T.D 's secret choice for h.c is to promote K.G??????

Comment

Working...
                              X