PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Prediction #4-1/8/04-Defensive End

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Other than Aaron Schoebel the Bills don't have much here. Denney is a disaster with little speed or upper body strength. He put on weight last offseason and still was not heavy enough. How much can he put on that frame without slowing himself down even more. Kelsay was a good pick and probably a value pick in the second round. McKenzie was way under utlizied in 2003 and probably won't be back.

This team is in dire, dire need of a DE to offset Schoebel. The Bills will have some cap room to sign a few players. They have drafted 3 DEs in the second round the last three years (Schoebel, Denny, Kelsey). Using Posey as a down lineman last year did not work, imo.

Prediction: It is too early to say, "The Bills should sign (insert FA name) or draft (insert name)". However, having used 3 second round picks on guys that don't fit the All-Pro mold, I cannot forsee them taking another DE in the draft. Therefore, I believe this will be one of the Bills first priorities in FA. (Kearse would be nice, but I am not holding my breath)

:feedback:

clumping platelets
01-08-2004, 08:44 AM
:couch:

Darren Howard

SABURZFAN
01-08-2004, 12:32 PM
i hope we go after hicks in free agency and draft another schobel.

EDS
01-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Howard wouldn't be a bad pick up, not a speed rusher but good size, solid against the run and success rushing the passer. I think they could go DE in the first round of the draft depending on things shake out.