PDA

View Full Version : Joe Theisman is a moron

OpIv37
01-08-2004, 08:39 AM
I hate to say this about a Notre Dame guy, but they interviewed him on the local station this morning about the Redskins hiring Gibbs. I was still half asleep, but he said something to the effect of "The Redskins have elevated themselves to a top-tier team".

WTF? They got a new coach- they haven't made any player changes yet. Granted, they do have some talent, but no coach can turn a losing team into a winner automatically. I'm sure Gibbs would have done better with this year's Redskins than Spurrier did, but not by much. Coaches are not a magic band-aid that fixes all of a team's problems.

I'm surprised that someone with so much football experience could say something this ridiculous.

Novacane
01-08-2004, 08:45 AM
You should have heard him yesterday. He was all over ESPN radio, PTI, and ESPN news spouting the same thing. He said they will win a minumum of 10 games next year and win thier division.

I can understand Redskin fans being excited about Gibbs. I would be too but he still needs players.

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Joe Theisman is a moron

Did ANYBODY ever dispute this.

OpIv37
01-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
You should have heard him yesterday. He was all over ESPN radio, PTI, and ESPN news spouting the same thing. He said they will win a minumum of 10 games next year and win thier division.

I can understand Redskin fans being excited about Gibbs. I would be too but he still needs players.

What an idiot- with Philly in their divsion 10 games might not even be enough to win it. Not to mention that Dallas and the Giants figure to make big comebacks. What's going on at ESPN? It seems like they're hiring people based on name recognition instead of football smarts.

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2004, 08:54 AM
But wait a minute, didn't we laugh at Bengals fans too before the season started? You'll never know...

baalworship
01-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Actually, the Redskins just got a LOT better. They have talent on the offensive line and you better believe Gibbs will have Patrick Ramsey in the Pro-Bowl soon.

Joe Gibbs is the best coach in the NFL and we already saw what Parcells did with a team that, IMO, has less talent than the Redskins.

DraftBoy
01-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Yea Dallas and Ciny are two good examples where coaches were magic bandaids that the team needed to win.

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Yea Dallas and Ciny are two good examples where coaches were magic bandaids that the team needed to win.

hold off on Lewis...Cincy played the 29th hardest schedule this year...(that's the 4th easiest, btw)

SABURZFAN
01-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Did ANYBODY ever dispute this.

i doubt it.

BuffaloRanger
01-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Joe Gibbs is not the best coach in the NFL! 11 years ago the NFL was different place. No salary cap for instance. He definatley was the best choice for the skins though. Excitement level will be way up.

I would love to see the skins continue to suck with him.

Q: If Gibbs is so good why wouldn't TD at least interview Marv Levy, also a Hall of Fame coach?

Ans. Because TD would rather go with an unproven coordinator over a "too old" coach that could get into a power struggle with him - ala Cowher.

Hence 2 more seasons of non-playoff foootball and a new GM.

caveboy
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Gibbs was at least smart enough to bring in others he's had success with, Grimm and Bugel. Their O-line will get better right off the bat. Otherwise, I would say Gibbs by himself would not be able to right that ship.

kill4bills
01-08-2004, 10:13 PM
theisman was a redskin what do you expect?

Halbert
01-08-2004, 11:06 PM
I used to feel the same way about Gibbs that I used to feel about Belichek and Parcells, that they were overrated. Eventually I learned I was wrong about all three.

The Skins will be improved immediately and seriously contend for the SB in three years max.