• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

What to do with LeBeau?

Heard on WNSA this morning that the Steelers would like permission to speak to LeBeau about their DC opening. If you were TD, would you hire a head coach and discuss making LeBeau the DC or would you give the Steelers permission and take the chance that he might walk?

I personnally would like to see TD pull the trigger on hiring a HC and suggest that LeBeau become the DC. The only real problem is if TD is waiting for one of the HC candidates who's teams are still in the playoffs.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Definitely keep LeBeau as DC. He's good at it.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

I agree MM, I would let Gray go and try to keep LeBeau to take over the DC spot. Let Gray go join his buddy GW in Washington if he really wants to.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Agreed. Lebeau might not have been a great HC, but hes a great teacher and an above average DC.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Guess TD decided to let him talk to the Steelers. Big mistake IMO. He better hope that whoever he hires to be the next HC has a good DC lined up.

Comment

• Winfield_26
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

You gotta give some to get some, we cant be arrogant jerks about this thing. If we get the rep of not letting our coaches try to further themselves then why should any other team give us there assistants. Let the man further himself if he can.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Winfield_26
              You gotta give some to get some, we cant be arrogant jerks about this thing. If we get the rep of not letting our coaches try to further themselves then why should any other team give us there assistants. Let the man further himself if he can.
              I agree with letting coaches progress, even if it is with other organizations. My point was that I would like to have seen LeBeau stick around to be the DC in Buffalo. I am not completely sold on Jerry Gray. He had alot of defensive minds around him during his stint as DC in Buffalo. So the question remains, how much of the D's progress was due to Gray, and how much of it was a result of the influences of Lebeau/Williams.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind seeing him stick. I wouldn't really care if he doesn't, either.

Byrd.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Steelers asking to talk to LeBeau

The Steelers have asked the Buffalo Bills for permission to talk to Dick LeBeau as a possible replacement for Lewis. Coincidentally, Steelers offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was interviewed Wednesday for the Bills' head coaching vacancy.

LeBeau spent last season as Buffalo's assistant head coach and coached under Cowher with the Steelers from 1992-96, when he left as defensive coordinator for the same position in Cincinnati.

LeBeau eventually became the Bengals' coach, but was later replaced by another former Steelers assistant, Marvin Lewis.

from
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

You can grant permission to talk- but you don't have to allow him to leave right away.

The Bills can keep LeBeau under contract until they make their decision on the HC- then the new HC can go from there. I f they don't want to keep LeBeau- then they can release him from his contract. If they do want to keep him- he stays.

He's under contract. (Unless he's got an out written in)

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

i merged the two threads.

Comment

• socalfan
                          Old Fogey from Cali
                          • Feb 2003

And the other point to be made is that Lebeau did not ask TD for permission to talk to Pittsburgh...it was Pittsburgh that asked for permission to talk to Lebeau......so there is no guarantee that Lebeau is even interested in the Pittsburgh position.

Comment

Working...
                          X