PDA

View Full Version : Why Charlie Weiss should be the next Bills Coach

jron93
01-08-2004, 11:03 AM
His has the Parcells/Bellicheck pedrigre. Charlie Weiss is an offensive guru. The Patriots had the NFL #4 best passing offense and the NFL #5 fewest turnovers with 24. His has the Parcells/Bellicheck pedrigree. The job he has done with Tom Brady and the smorgasborg of wide receivers is amazing (David Givens, Deion Branch, Troy Brown) as was Weiss play calling two years ago in the Super Bowl. His play calling is unpredictable and very difficult to prepare for. Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria's combined for 66 receptions and 6 TD's, makes it abundantely clear he has the abiltity to attack a middle of the defense. Gilbride's offensive has failed on in many occassions Moore and Campbell combined for 49 receptions and 3 TD's . Weiss would be an outstanding choice, especially if we draft a young quarterback say round 6. Don't forget that Weiss won a Super Bowl with a second year quarterback, Tom Brady (a sixth round draft pick in 2000). If anyone can accelerate a young quarterback's develoment...it's Charlie Weiss.

mchurchfie
01-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Gregg Williams was known as a defensive guru too...something to think about.:idunno:

Pride
01-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Well, the only difference was.... GW backed up Fisher.. another defensive Guru.... so GW had a smokescreen.

This guy has a Defensive Minded HC, so that is why he is being looked at as the real deal for OC.

Truth be known, no matter how good they are at their side of the ball, as an HC, they have to be good at both, or at least have an understanding of it... GW didnt.

The_Philster
01-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Gregg Williams was known as a defensive guru too...something to think about.:idunno:

Originally posted by Pride
Well, the only difference was.... GW backed up Fisher.. another defensive Guru.... so GW had a smokescreen.

True that. I think Williams got too much credit for that defense. He ran what Fisher told him to for the most part. I'd like to see how he does in Washington before we cabn consider him to be a defensive guru.

Michael82
01-08-2004, 04:59 PM
This guy? :scratch:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nfl/2002/0125/photo/a_weis_i.jpg

mypoorfriendme
01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
were not going to get a qb in the 6th, TD said on buffalobills.com that he wouldnt be surprised if we got a qb project on the first day :clap:

caveboy
01-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Pats fan on the board the other day listed some of Weiss's tactics, which sound eeirly a lot like KG's: suprise calls when least expected, going away from plays that work for no apparent reason. I'm also not ready to give Weiss total credit for their O. Bellichek (sp) seems strong enough as HC to have positively impacted that O.

Not to mention do we really need another OC experiment for HC?

ublinkwescore
01-09-2004, 02:21 AM
When our D is this talented - I say absolutely - we need someone to make this O work with the talent it's got on it - I have a feeling that our D will be fine. Charlie Weis used smoke and mirrors to make the Patriots O better then mediocre - I definitely find it intriguing, the possibilities with our O.

ublinkwescore
01-09-2004, 02:22 AM
BTW - I know that someone already used the smoke and mirrors allusion on here.