PDA

View Full Version : Saban might bolt for the NFL with a BIG Contract...

Michael82
01-08-2004, 01:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1703469

LSU coach Nick Saban, arguably the biggest prize in the pool for the four NFL franchises still with coaching vacancies, has jumped to the head of the wish lists of the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons, ESPN.com has learned.

Both clubs have been in contact with Saban and his representative over the past several days to gauge the coach's potential interest in departing his national championship team for a job in the NFL. The logistics and mechanics of the process are still being discussed and many of the arrangements are still pending.

But the plan is for both teams to formally interview Saban within the next week.

Ebenezer
01-08-2004, 01:35 PM
I would interview him in about 1 hour if I were TD...

Michael82
01-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I would interview him in about 1 hour if I were TD...

So would I! It would be a great move and if he interviews well... SHOW HIM THE MONEY! :D

Kolbiss
01-08-2004, 01:50 PM
I do not want a college coach. If he could prove himself as at least aD cordinator first that would be something. It is a different game with different attitudes. It is very intriging, but to risky for me. Just my opinion.

lordofgun
01-08-2004, 02:54 PM
If we don't at least attempt to interview him now that he's showing interest, I won't be happy.

LtBillsFan66
01-08-2004, 02:56 PM
I hope they interview him for a hour and 20 minutes!

SoCalBillsFan
01-08-2004, 02:57 PM
He DOES have NFL experience, so thats a plus

socalfan
01-08-2004, 03:00 PM
This is actually pretty good....another vacancy taken from the 4 remaining and all of my choices are still available to the Bills. I'm stoked....we are going to get a good guy this time....unless of course a really hot woman candidate steps forward for the position.

baalworship
01-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Let Chicago and Atlanta fight for Saban (who will be a great coach) and let's move on Kirk Ferentz! TD better at least try to get an interview with Ferentz.

TigerJ
01-08-2004, 09:50 PM
I think Saban has been an NFL defensive coordinator under Bill Belichick. Concerning him, Bill Belichick is reported to have said, "He knows more about defence than I do." Short of hiring a guy who was a successfull head coach, I think the combination of NFL coordinator/college head coach is the next best thing. That said, I don't think TD has any inclination of going after Saban, who's set to be the highest paid coaching college if he stays at LSU. He would have to offer in excess of 3 million a year to have a chance at Saban, and I just dohn't see that happening.

Michael82
01-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Could this be one of the extra candidates that TD mentioned in his interview? :scratch: