PDA

View Full Version : More on Fassel....

Michael82
01-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Bill general manager Tom Donahoe was all set to name Jim Fassel his new coach but began to hear some things that started him thinking that maybe he should continue his search. Donahoe told people close to him that he was being talked out of hiring the guy he wanted, which is why he planned to stop making so many calls. It also didn't help that former Bears coach Dick Jauron wowed him at his interview Monday. But Donahoe has been steadfast in his belief that he wants an offensive-minded coach. That would be Fassel. So even though he isn't hired yet, it appears Fassel will be the guy -- unless Donahoe is talked out of it. If for some reason Fassel doesn't get the job and is left unemployed, look for him to possibly wind up in Baltimore with Brian Billick. There is a ton of heat on Ravens coordinator Matt Cavanaugh, so a change could be coming.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6990062

LtBillsFan66
01-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I would rather them take their time and find the right fit than make all us fans happy by picking just anyone up.

Michael82
01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, but if we are waiting for Weis, Crennel, or Smith...then I hope they have a list of coaches that they will be hiring all ready in Donahoe's hands, or we could lose out on the experienced staff and have another staff like the one in year one of Gregg's tenure.

baalworship
01-08-2004, 04:32 PM
If TD was going to hire Fassel then "genius" should never be used as an adjective for his football mind ever again.

Dozerdog
01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Yeah, but if we are waiting for Weis, Crennel, or Smith...then I hope they have a list of coaches that they will be hiring all ready in Donahoe's hands, or we could lose out on the experienced staff and have another staff like the one in year one of Gregg's tenure.

We have a staff under contract- so we won't be left in the cold.

Lay of the sugar, dude.

saviorbledsoe
01-08-2004, 05:06 PM
I want Levy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if not then Fassel

NO ONE ELSE PLEASE GOD!