PDA

View Full Version : If there's one thing we should've learned since TD took over...

Jeff1220
01-08-2004, 09:18 PM
...it's, don't believe anything that that sports media says.

From DF/RJ to GW and Marvin Lewis to McGahee to the Bledsoe deal, espn, CNNSI, CBS, and whoever else tried to predict what he'd do, was usually wrong. TD's favorite coaching candidate could be one of these guys that's been talked about publicly, but history says that it's just as likely that TD will surprise everyone in the final hour with an unexpected hire.

I don't believe any of the blah, blah, blahs coming from Clayton, Simon, Mort, PFT or anybody else at this point - not even (make that especially) Tom Donohoe. The media goons are all guessing right now as much as we are. Gibbs was completely quite until hired. The Mora Jr. hire in Atlanta was surprisingly quiet, and espn reported yesterday that even the Falcons had contacted Gibbs - way before the Skins did - but didn't let the media know until yesterday.

I'll believe the reports at the press conference!

LtBillsFan66
01-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah me too.

Fat Tony
01-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Funny- On one program I heard Peter King Say it was between Fassel and Weis, on another less than an hour later he said he had no Idea.

BillsFever
01-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm not gonna worry about who or when we will hire a coach. It's out of my hands. When he hires the new coach then I'll pay attention to it.

kill4bills
01-08-2004, 09:58 PM
im definitely waiting for a surprise

Jeff1220
01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kill4bills
im definitely waiting for a surprise

I'm really really hoping for one.:pray:

Michael82
01-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
I'm really really hoping for one.:pray:

Me too, even though I like Fassel...I agree with everyone else. The coaching choices SUCK this year!